Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I've been going through as much of the older issues of Marvel comics as I can on marvel Unlimited and I've just finished Avengers Annual #7 and Marvel Two-In-One Annual #2 which has the Avengers, Adam Warlock and Captain Marvel take on Thanos. It's a great two parter and has strong seeds for the Infinity Gauntlet event that would happen 14 years later. The art in it is great the ending is pretty decent though it was a little surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

The thing is, those annuals are actually the end of Jim Starlin's Warlock series. The ending when Warlock is there and a second Warlock shows up and goes, "I'm gonna eat my soul now," was seen from the other side in the original series. And of course, Thanos in that is a direct extension of his behavior in Captain Marvel in Starlin's run.

Jim Starlin might be the only creator to do the "I'm carrying my storyline through five different series across two decades!" well. Okay, it's fine to stop after Infinity Gauntlet...

It was pretty cool to see things in those issues and and think "oh I remember reading that."

I wonder if back then people thought that would be it for Pip, Gamora and Warlock.