Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I'm glad to report that the Batman Beyond opening still totally whips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Hey Gripweed, there's a reason people are using spoilers.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Random Stranger posted:

God help me, I'm reading Countdown.

This is a cry for help...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l60MnDJklnM

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Anyone knows where this panel is from?

Morrison came out as nonbinary and uses "they/them" pronouns.

Vincent fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Feb 14, 2021

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Make a 90s thread!

Speaking of 90s, Todd McFarland has announced THREE new monthly Spawn comics because absolutely no one was clamoring for more Spawn.

Guess how many female creators are slated to work on those titles!

Answer: 0
https://twitter.com/housetoastonish/status/1362540697254064131?s=21

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Edge & Christian posted:

Also is Seth editing these Spawn books? Not an expected follow up to Clyde Fans, but definitely ups the white dude factor for the line.

I tried to google "Seth Spawn" to see if this was true and not a joke and found out there's a researcher from the University of Wisconsin-Madison named Seth Spawn.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

My friends and I are doing a little comic-book reading club, and this week's book was I Kill Giants, and I noticed a neat little reference to All Star Superman.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Comic Book Confidential is on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs4cj2_I9p8

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

It was a good comic at first, but then it just didn't stop, which seems to be a problem with Kirkman.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

How Wonderful! posted:

Hey everyone, I have a doctorate now so please let me know if you need a prescription... for comics and fun

How wonderful Dr. Wonderful

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

That's the one thankyou; I knew it was S-something, I was Sentry, Sentinel..?

edit: huh, I just read #1 of the 2005 Sentry run and maybe it was this instead? He has a constant stream of tasks being passed over by his robot admin, CLOC.

Could be both. It's a nice way to show that your Superman type character is a Superman type character.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Random Stranger posted:

Except it's not realistic. People don't pay to suppress inventions.

Supression of knowledge or inventions happen all the time. With money or violence. Why do you think the public knowledge that cigarretes are very bad for you took so long to take hold? Same with led in paint. Same with different types of energy.

It's the same thing when a small company makes a better product than a multinational, it gets bought up and then dissolved, THEN, years after the fact, the big company "comes up" with the "new and improved Product".

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Bad Idea is closing shop. Unless it's another one of their marketing stunts (it's deffo this).
https://twitter.com/dinesh_s/status/1401901766589902853

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

ruddiger posted:

Are those the guys that demanded comic shops only sell their comics on it's release day and then send back their stock so anyone who didn't buy it the day one missed out? It made me kinda pissed finding out there's a new David Lapham book out that's next to impossible to find.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

Today marks a special day in my collar bone recovery. I can put on and take off a danged t-shirt. No more button-downs for me unless I want to!

Congrats! Why not celebrate with this little number?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Final Crisis is still bad.
Counterpoint: Final Crisis is good. The Mary Marvel part is icky, tho.

Wait, "Real Heathcliff" isn't photoshoped???