Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

bobkatt013 posted:

In the last thread there was talk about Giffen/DeMatteis's Justice League collections and how they stopped. Wasn’t it because they decided they did not want to pay sexual predator Gerard Jones residentials? It’s also why they have removed almost all his work from its streaming services and comixology

They stopped printing the hardcovers of their original attempt to collect the series in 2009 and stopped the TPBs in 2011, so that wouldn't be the reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Found this at my parents house. I think I got it with the first Sandman TPB?

Popped it in and it's just a Flash launcher that shows the first three pages of hundreds of books with purchasing information and makes a sound when mousing over every interactive element. Sweet!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Uthor posted:

Found this at my parents house. I think I got it with the first Sandman TPB?

Popped it in and it's just a Flash launcher that shows the first three pages of hundreds of books with purchasing information and makes a sound when mousing over every interactive element. Sweet!

I think it was brought up in another thread, but I also found a copy of the Freedom Force video game. Don't remember much about it, should install it when I get home.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Are gruesome murders and decapitations still cool?

Wonder Woman: Dead Earth had her using Superman's head and spinal column as a whip like it's Mortal Kombat, so....

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

A Strange Aeon posted:

Is there really an audience for this kind of thing? It just seems completely excessive in a dumb way. I mean, I haven't read it, so maybe there's a really meaningful and entertaining reason she's using Superman's spine and skull as a whip.

I bought the poo poo out of it because I love Daniel Warren Johnson's work, but that plot point was excessive to me. The rest of the story fit the post apocalypse storytelling that I like.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I mean, it's indescribable.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I haven't watched it, but they put up this 15 minute flip through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUtB8KOHoPI

There's a few other videos 1-2 hours long, seemingly real time inking.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Pulled up just fine on my phone (Pixel 2) just now.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

She's the one who won't wear pants, right.

None of us are in these COVID times.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

They made a tiny version of Scrapper (if I remember right) who was carried around in regular sized Scrapper's pocket and helped him out of jams, but never seemed to talk or express consent.

I especially love how Flippa Dippa would turn EVERYTHING into scuba diving.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Is there somewhere looking at the hints that Iceman is gay? X-Plain the X-Men mentioned it coming up in an issue in the 90's pre Onslaught and I was surprised to hear that it went that far back, but I haven't really read much X-Men pre-00's.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Well, I hunted down the page Jay was talking about and it's Bobby with Jean going "I wanna talk to you about ... well ... you know?" and then later in the book they are talking about him being worried about still being mind controlled by Emma Frost.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Speaking of Elseworlds.

J.M. DeMatteis (@JMDeMatteis) Tweeted:
@AdamLanceGarcia I pitched a follow-up with Bruce Wayne being abducted and taken to Krypton where he became Superman...but DC passed. https://twitter.com/JMDeMatteis/status/1366092151667458048?s=20

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I don't recall coming across that before. That's loving annoying.

I know before they did "point" issues (eg, 51.1, 51.2), which were way more explicit, but functioned kinda the same way.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Has InStockTrades just become really slow to ship orders? It took about 3 weeks to get something over Xmas (understandable) and my latest order has been "waiting to process" for a week so far.

I'm sure they're running on a skeleton crew, but I'd hate to have to go back to Amazon if I need something in a timely manner (this was a gift that I'm probably going to not get in time).

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Zachack posted:

Bigger issue for me is that they seem to be missing things - I had to order the last BPRD omni from Amazon because IST didn't seem to get it in, and there was something else recently (possibly also from Dark Horse) that IST never got in.

Yeah, I got Bone from Amazon cause IST didn't have it. And I've been trying to get Slaughterhouse-Five the last two times to no avail.

I remember in the past (maybe 10+ ago) they would charge your card when you placed the order and I've had them take my money, try and fail to get a book for weeks, send what they did have with a note saying they will send me the missing book when they can. I had to specifically ask them for my money back for the book they didn't send me.

I think that's what got me to stop using them for a few years.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

I kill giants is a great way to get kids to start thinking/processing their trauma. I love that book to hell and back.

gently caress that book.

It made me cry. :cry:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I mean, what do you think about RICHARDS? :doom:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Just learned that the guys who run my LCBS have COVID. Judging by how many times I've seen them chatting with customers without a mask on, I'm hardly surprised! But that means I'll be a month behind on books by the time I get back in there.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I've been working through X-Men books on Marvel Unlimited with some friends for a book club, so I have a lot to tide me over. I also have like half of the Humble Bundle that I bought a year ago to read.

I'm mostly glad I didn't stop in before Easter like I was planning on. Especially since I came to my parents house.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Uthor posted:

Has InStockTrades just become really slow to ship orders? It took about 3 weeks to get something over Xmas (understandable) and my latest order has been "waiting to process" for a week so far.

I'm sure they're running on a skeleton crew, but I'd hate to have to go back to Amazon if I need something in a timely manner (this was a gift that I'm probably going to not get in time).

Update on this: order placed 3/25, shipping label created 4/2, actually shipped 4/13 after emailing them and complaining (didn't get a response to my email), will probably get delivered on Monday. I'm a patient person, but I'm super not happy about this.

Any other decent trade sellers out there not run by chuds?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Chatting today someone mentioned 'Does Superman ever take a day off'

There's a good line in, I think, Red Son where Superman says something along the lines of "if you heard someone begging for help, could ignore it?" with regards to his super hearing.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Every image on the How to Draw Human Heads cover is misshapen in the same way, even the skull and the one drawn in profile.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I might jump through that hoop for Saga. Any other book, it'd be dropped from my pull list.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I mean, Reed did cure cancer. He just has to shrink his family down and enter the body Innerspace style to punch the cancer to death.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I don't have a good suggestion, but there's a decade and a half where there wasn't a Captain America comic (1950-1964 according to Wikipedia).

Maybe Batman/Detective Comics?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

That was enough of a trend that Dave Sim tried to make some money off of it.

https://www.grahamcrackers.com/products/cerebus_archive_2_zombie__obama.htm

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I was thinking that using the prevalent teams of the day could be interesting. JSA, JLA, Avengers, Authority, etc.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I enjoy the carve outs for the popular/profitable items. That makes it very transparent what the goals are.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

No, I mean the Lime.

In my defense it was because I made the very poor decision to ride it home from a bar.

Do people ride those otherwise?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I'm pretty sure he's only done TV since. I thought he worked on the Sarah Silverman Program., but that's the guy who made Scud.

Cartoonist Kayfabe did a look at The Tick, but I honestly can't remember what they said about his career post the comic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgJTYhzsWeQ

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Kinda wild their full address is right there.

Though I guess that's how early comics Fandom spread, cold mailing randos from the comments section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

This is the only Heathcliff I've ever read and I don't think I need to read any more (because I have experienced perfection).

https://www.gocomics.com/heathcliff/2017/01/11