Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you sad and/or angry Flash is gone?
Yes
No
This arouses no special feelings in me OP
Goku
View Results

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
Flash, ahaaa, savior of the universe!

https://youtu.be/LfmrHTdXgK4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Breetai posted:

Crosspostin' from SHSC:

So work is deploying SAS VIYA later this year, but in the meantime we rely on SAS VA, which relies on Flash.

As a stopgap, we are using the Harman browser, which is a browser package provided by a Samsung subsidiary that provides a Flash-enabled browser that is supported beyond Flash's end-of-life. It's a little basic, but it works.

...except for an interesting wrinkle. The length of a URL that you can paste into the browser's address bar is limited by the physical width of the address bar.

As in; if the length of the URL as represented on one continuous line of text is greater than the width of the address bar on the screen, any text beyond it will be cut off.

If the line of text is about two monitors wide and the browser is fullscreen, you'll get about half of the url. If you resize the browser horizontally to take up half of a screen then you'll get about a quarter of the url. If you have a side-by-side dual monitor setup and stretch the browser across both screens, you can then paste in the whole URL.

A direct link to a SAS VA report can have a VERY lengthy URL.

It's poorly designed in such a amazingly specific way. :allears:

What on earth is an SAS VIYA or SAS VA? I thought SAS that was a Scandinavian airline.

In any event, Adobe had announced many, MANY YEARS ago that they'd stop supporting flash and any system still requiring this is an anti-pattern that points to awful quality or support. Any company not being able to plan for this is crap.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Colonel Cancer posted:

Oh no flash is back!

"It's like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder how I keep from going under"

-Flash

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Don't push me cause I'm close to the edge,
I'm trying not to lose my head

-Also Flash

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

Flash owned sorry. Waaaah security concerns boo loving hoo.

It’s still running well on my windows for workgroups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Bula Vinaka posted:

Timebombing the code was a lovely thing for them to do.

You already posted this twice, thanks!

I don't see the problem if a harmful old poo poo product isn't supported anymore and the company who made it does everything to inform everyone years in advance that it will be unsupported after a certain point in time and will turn itself off.

What makes me really mad is that my so-called "smart" phone cannot run Windows 3.0 and print ASCII art to my MX-80 dot matrix printer using a Centronics cable. Assholes!