Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA’s rendition of Krypton to start the 4th quarter, along with the lighting up Stanford Stadium own a whole lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Declan MacManus posted:

tennessee’s band just playing rocky top with the giant steps changes as bama scores its ninth td

“We can’t stop you from winning, but we’ll keep you from enjoying it.”

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

GD_American posted:

The best fight song in college football is, because college football is about not having nice things, the worst school's fight song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clNTdf8xAtk

Clicked this expecting to hear the Aggie War Hymn (it's good)

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The real rudy is a shithead. Notre Dame sucks. But the movie Rudy is very good and so I can appreciate the fight song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpyZHmGRPuE

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Declan MacManus posted:

boomer sooner is fun when it gets played ironically imo

this is pretty much godfrey’s take and i agree with you; if you want to run a program like saban or dabo then you have to take control of the ship.

I kind of think we need the politician/figurehead who can schmooze and charm the boosters and regents and serve as the face of the program, who can also identify and recruit people who can do a really good job at all the football stuff, keep them all on the same page, and get them the resources they need to do their best work. That's such a very, very different skillset than being good at scheming football plays or teaching players. We need a CEO or a general more than we need a coach. Lots of people have always said that about Texas and I used to not believe it but I do now.

I think that's how Mack was when he was successful. I think Herman understood that and tried to do it too, he just didn't do it all that well. With that in mind, Sark coming in planning to run the offense himself is kind of a red flag to me.

e: LMAO apparently his catchphrase is "all gas, no brakes" which could also be interpreted as "farting constantly and careening out of control"

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 14, 2021

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

GD_American posted:

The best fight song in college football is, because college football is about not having nice things, the worst school's fight song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clNTdf8xAtk

My high school used this for their fight song. I get a double dose of ugh

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/MWCwire/status/1349540647695495169?s=19

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Didn't they talk about this same poo poo 8 years ago and decide it was a bad idea?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

General Dog posted:

Didn't they talk about this same poo poo 8 years ago and decide it was a bad idea?

That was the Big East, duh.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rocky Top is the best fight song because when it would play in the menus of NCAA Football it would always be like, twice as loud and have completely different sound quality from the rest of the fight songs and it would always stand out immediately

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Is Rocky Top or Take the Money and Run the most upbeat-sounding song about murder?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Is Rocky Top or Take the Money and Run the most upbeat-sounding song about murder?
Goodbye Earl is a strong candidate.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t039p6xqutU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Urban is going to the Jags so now is a good time to venture over the the NFL coaching circus thread and drop your hot or luke warm or ice cold takes. So many interesting questions, like does it change which QB goes first, will he run QB power a half dozen times a game, and will he force team doctors to perform brain surgery on him on the field at halftime to justify his retirement midway through his second season?

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Incoherence posted:

Goodbye Earl is a strong candidate.

Forgot about that one, good call

How have I never heard this before now? That is amazing. Weird Al feels cheating though.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Urban is going to the Jags so now is a good time to venture over the the NFL coaching circus thread and drop your hot or luke warm or ice cold takes. So many interesting questions, like does it change which QB goes first, will he run QB power a half dozen times a game, and will he force team doctors to perform brain surgery on him on the field at halftime to justify his retirement midway through his second season?

This is all just lead up to him becoming the new advertising face of Papa John’s

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

General Dog posted:

This is all just lead up to him becoming the new advertising face of Papa John’s

You really think Shaq is going to give up that sweet papa johns money?

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Thermos H Christ posted:

e: LMAO apparently his catchphrase is "all gas, no brakes" which could also be interpreted as "farting constantly and careening out of control"

That was Muschamp's catchphrase when he first started here. Yeah.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He'll once again leave a team in the lurch, only this time they won't have a championship to show for it.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Fire pruitt with cause and ship his worthless rear end back to alabama tia

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
For fucks sake

Here’s why I think firing Pruitt is dumb, with the caveat that if something does come up that he hosed up big time with violations then sure fire him.

He’s a third year first time coach. His first year he was brought in like a day before NSD and still pulled a decent class. Wasn’t a great year but nobody should have been expecting much.

His second year started rough but things turned around, bowl game, etc.

Third year, covid happened, it was a shitshow. His biggest crime was sticking with Guarantano as long as he did. Maybe Bailey etc really weren’t ready but I dont think that’s fireable considering. Still brought in a top 15 class, pending NSD.

There’s been rumors and conjecture of what’s been going on within the administration but they’ve been just that. The school and AD have not said a word about the violations, if there even are any. Vol Twitter and message boards are doing their best to turn this into some huge thing over an incredibly small amount of information.

Rumors of hiring Freeze (and a hiring freeze, which turned out to be BS) BoB and even bringing Lane back for some loving reason.

There’s been transfers out of the school, which everyone has had. Most everyone have been Butch guys or guys that haven’t seen any playing time. The biggest loss will be Wanya Morris (no not that one) but the guy that recruited him and his Oline coach left and is at auburn now, so it’s not incredibly surprising. We also got a QB transfer who might be better than anyone on roster.

I still think give him another year at least, probably two. Now isn’t the time to fire him if all that’s being based on is the past 3 years.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 15, 2021

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

The best football song is clearly the one that was a top 40 hit sung by Germans with a dubious grasp of the English language

Complete with absurd music video! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yP1tcy9a10)

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I think that Jeremy Pruitt is a fool loser in addition to the fact that he hasn’t had enough rope and time to prove himself a fool and loser to the peanut gallery.

He will get a couple more years opportunity, and all Vols fans will regret that at the end.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blue Raider posted:

I think that Jeremy Pruitt is a fool loser in addition to the fact that he hasn’t had enough rope and time to prove himself a fool and loser to the peanut gallery.

He will get a couple more years opportunity, and all Vols fans will regret that at the end.

Bitch I bet you don’t even get your corn from a jar

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://www.wate.com/sports/ut-self-reports-recruiting-violations-in-football-womens-basketball/

quote:

UT self reports recruiting violations in football, women’s basketball

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A paintball game on the football team’s practice field, a video shared on social media and a phone call to the daughter of coach were among four NCAA recruiting violations reported last year by the University of Tennessee.

According to the UT athletic department, the infractions were reported to the Southeastern Conference and the NCAA. UT self imposed sanctions in all four cases. The SEC levied additional sanctions in two cases. The NCAA did not add sanctions.

The football team held a paintball game for players in May 2019 and eight recruits participated in the event. The game equipment and “battlefield” were supplied by an outside company making it a “special addition” to the UT facilities according to recruiting rules.

Some of the university’s imposed sanctions were barring the involved staff member from on-campus recruiting for 30 days, the football program forfeited their three remaining 2019 spring evaluation days, and the football staff was advised that similar future violations may result in potential head coach suspension.

The conference went further and allowed no more than two additional off-campus contacts with the involved prospects.

In another incident football staff members attended an off-campus meal with recruits during an unofficial visit. The staff were not permitted to participate in any recruiting activities for a period of 14 days following the violation.

An assistant Lady Vols basketball coach was also hit with a 14-day no recruiting and no telephone calls/text penalty after returning a phone call. The coach believed they were returning the call an AAU coach. However, the missed call was found to be from the daughter of the coach. The daughter is considered an underaged recruit.

The SEC added an additional 7 days to the telephone/text penalty.

The women’s basketball team also had some of its staff undergo a recruiting rules course after a social media video showing the image of three prospects was posted to team’s accounts. The video was taken down 35 minutes later after an assistant coach contacted UT’s compliance department.

I swear to god if it turns out paintball on the practice field is the “huge recruiting violations” I’m never going to stop laughing.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I am curious to see how the NCAA will adapt to the new player compensation rules. I can't see how they could keep these Draconian measures in place if players could otherwise make profits off of their likeness.

NCAA Football 22 :pray:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Justyn Ross returning to Clemson for some reason

Go pro and get paid my dude

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

OH MY GOD URBZ IS COACHING JAX NOW?! AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Man those chest pains seem to wither in the face of multimillion dollar contracts.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

You know I was about to ask what the fun rumors were about Pruitt but if it is seriously paintball, and if it seriously is enough for the administration to fire him, the Vols deserve everything they get as long as all of those things are bad.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I’m just glad I can talk about CUM again in this forum.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The NCAA's continual ability to come out looking stupid in violations cases warms my heart

"how dare you play paintball with teenagers"

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

LeeMajors posted:

Man those chest pains seem to wither in the face of multimillion dollar contracts.

You'd think Meyer would have seen enough of Jacksonville's sights from the WLOCP games. I give him 12 games before the ol' chest starts hurting again and he vanishes into the night.

I actually kinda like Jacksonville and the Florida Theatre is a great concert venue

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

He's gonna die on the field some day when he starts pulling a Red Foxx and everyone in the stadium, from the sideline to the broadcast booth are like "Oh boy, guess he's gonna retire for a few years again" but it really IS the Big One.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

You'd think Meyer would have seen enough of Jacksonville's sights from the WLOCP games. I give him 12 games before the ol' chest starts hurting again and he vanishes into the night.

I actually kinda like Jacksonville and the Florida Theatre is a great concert venue

His experience was generally good at the Cocktail Party. Maybe he felt it was a zen place for him to explore the rigors of professional coaching.

Jax has taken so much poo poo for the past thirty to fifty years that it has become underrated.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Might be a little late to the fight song conversation but Boomer Sooner is truly the best fight song in college history. Opposing team fans absolutely loathe Boomer Sooner while the teams fans love it. The only other fight song that comes close is Rocky Top. The thing that disqualifies Rocky Top is that people who aren't fans of tennessee can like it as well.

Another point of favor is that no other fight song is played as much throughout the game further annoying the opposing teams and their fan base. Get a first down? Boomer Sooner! Rush for -3 yards? Boomer Sooner! Get hosed on defense for a 50 yard touchdown? You bet there's even a Boomer Sooner for that.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Might be a little late to the fight song conversation but Boomer Sooner is truly the best fight song in college history. Opposing team fans absolutely loathe Boomer Sooner while the teams fans love it. The only other fight song that comes close is Rocky Top. The thing that disqualifies Rocky Top is that people who aren't fans of tennessee can like it as well.

Another point of favor is that no other fight song is played as much throughout the game further annoying the opposing teams and their fan base. Get a first down? Boomer Sooner! Rush for -3 yards? Boomer Sooner! Get hosed on defense for a 50 yard touchdown? You bet there's even a Boomer Sooner for that.

USC does the same thing

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Tuberville is one instance where sticking to sports maybe is preferred.

https://twitter.com/aaronblake/status/1349916722833326081?s=21

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

General Dog posted:

It was then. Yikes at the travel cost coming from the east coast though.

Also noticed how Bryant Harsin was the one pushing for the AAC move and I guess left after Boise did the homework and said no.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jan 15, 2021

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Problem with that kind of poo poo is it's not even the expense of shipping a football team east.

It's now you have to do that multiple times a year with your swim team, your soccer team, your volleyball team, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Agreed, and there's just not enough money in the AAC for sending all those teams to Boise.

San Diego State would be better than Boise for that reason and would contribute outside football, but still that's a killer. BYU would be even better but they're not interested.