Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

DrunkPanda posted:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA. I think this might put Bama out of playoff contention next year. loving BoB as offensive coordinator!? :psyduck:

He's genuinely a lot better than some of the other coaches that have through rehabilitation there. It's the GM part he's egregiously bad at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

...James Franklin?

Why on Earth would he take the UT job, fat stacks of cash or no

No idea. I haven't heard a single thing on the PSU end about him even being offered. It's a move that would make zero sense for him whatsoever.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Fifty Three posted:

Just saw this, fuuuuuck

who cares, he was really terrible. a full back playing qb

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
turnover plank kicks rear end

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Fifty Three posted:

as opposed to, uh

as opposed to who cares because if he's starting they aren't winning jack poo poo anyways

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

MourningView posted:

isnt this also basically sean clifford though

he's at least been and shown potential to be decent at times (when he's not turning the ball over nonstop like the start of this year). levis on the other hand had shown zero throwing ability

i'd like a portal qb regardless but that doesn't really look like it's going to happen

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

LeeMajors posted:

Ah yes. Can’t wait to see this game when I’m in my late 40s and both programs will be completely different.

NCAA scheduling is so loving stupid.

Don't worry, neither of those games have any chance in the world of actually happening.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Joey Freshwater posted:

PSU guys - Tim Banks any good? Thamel reporting he's the new UT DC

his coaching of the safeties left much to be desired. i know he has past dc experience other places but i can't speak to that, co-dc was only a title for a salary bump with brent pry calling the shots.

he's an excellent recruiter though, especially in the detroit area. and hey, everyone that lives in michigan is already moving to tennesee so why not

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

loving homeboy hell yes

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/CAAFootball/status/1383510002913083398?s=19

Vilanova QB out there throwing a pass that looks like a glitch in the NCAA14 engine. Ridiculous

sick

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

MourningView posted:

why do they keep loving with multiple ot games when they happen like twice a year and people almost universally love them

they are, quite frankly, dumber than poo poo.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

fast cars loose anus posted:

lol @ A&M's best pizza being Gumby's

The only selling point of that place is back when I attended they were the one place that'd deliver at 1 AM when you were smashed as gently caress which is how you tolerated their pizza in the first place

Dixie Chicken is good though and while you could argue for a lot of places in Austin at least Kerbey Lane is plausibly in the debate

Gumby's kicks loving rear end. all the best stoner pizza ensembles you can think of, pokeys tix are a gift from god, and extremely good pizza rolls (at least up here). also everyone working there is stoned out of their gourd and it was easy to buy weed there and the state college recently got shut down for a bit because one of the cooks was doing tattoos on people in the cooking station. it's the inebriated man's pizza place of choice and i desperately wish there was one where i live now

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Fifty Three posted:

This list is designed to be bad and foster arguments, how the gently caress you gonna put R U Hungry as Rutgers' best and not put Are U Hungry as Penn State's best (which it is) (an argument could be made for Big Bowl)

Also lol at Pitt being Pamela's, foh

Why am I still thinking about this

Pamela's is a dope breakfast place

also Mr. C's was way better than are u hungry and it's a drat shame they closed down during my tenure there. not for my lack of trying to keep them in business though

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Sash! posted:

I always preferred College to Canyon, though I recognize and respect Canyon's stature. There was a place on Hetzel that I can't remember the name of that I liked too. It isn't there any more anyhow.

Baby's will always be my favorite restaurant in town. I'm just glad they didn't pick loving Mad Mex.

college pizza is better but i have much better memories and stories from canyon, so it's a toss up. it's weird going to the new canyon location, it still feels like the same thing but the slight change in geography throws me off real bad. Are you thinking of Bell's greek pizza? I can't remember if that was around where you're talking about or not. That place owned and i frequently went there at 3-4 am because they'd just give out whatever was leftover at the end of the night for free to whoever happened to be around

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Sash! posted:

Not sure I ever went to Bell's. After some digging, turns out it was Gopper's that I was thinking of. It isn't there any more. The location is now Pizza Mia and it was Corrinado before that. So I got thinking "...did it actually suck and I don't remember?"

Turns out something else happened that made me think...yeah, that sounds about right: https://www.collegian.psu.edu/archives/article_101d5281-26b7-56c0-b640-919655b5a6de.html

After that, the news article takes a left turn right off a cliff.

Chisley murdering that guy and a guest appearance by Sandusky's lawyer? Like a six degrees of State College Crimes in here.

alright that's pretty loving nuts

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

this poo poo is pathetic lol

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
nfl thursday night games are such loving horse poo poo. i HATE IT!!!!!!

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
the hot dog eating contest is starting in a few minutes on espn get the gently caress in

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

General Dog posted:

Yeah, buying out two years is nothing. Pitt fans speak up if I'm wrong, but unless Narduzzi has people in the admin that really love him, I see no reason why the seat shouldn't be pretty warm for him at this point. Like, if he wins his usual 7 or 8 games again maybe he's okay, but I certainly don't see why he'd be able to survive a losing season if they stumble.

he's a perfect fit for their program existing in the constant state of 5-7 to 7-5 with maybe and 8 win season once a decade. changing the coach doesn't even matter, it's just what they're always going to be now. he also the pseudo tough guy attitude yinzers like that routinely makes him look like a loving clown

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

kiimo posted:

I want Kansas in the B1G so bad I'm starting to formulate a conspiracy theory that Leipold knew this was going to happen and that's why he lobbied for the job after coaching all over B1G country. If I tweet it just right maybe some people will believe it.

Also in basketball Bill Self would own Chicago recruiting.

edit: like clockwork

https://twitter.com/M_Vernon/status/1418591461411495943

Big Ten:

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Scarf posted:

Every year since I moved to Denver I keep saying I'm gonna go check out a Buffs game... Hopefully this is the year. I do have some friends in town that are aTm alums...

Definitely check it out. It's a pretty gorgeous stadium. Really enjoyed my trip there a few years back.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

lol at this absolutely pathetic groveling

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Mega64 posted:

Make the broadcast team PFT Commentator and BigCat, that’s the only way it’d be watchable.

just put the whole rough n rowdy crew on it and it will be the can't miss game of bowl season

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

RumbleFish posted:

Someone on Twitter (can't remember who) also pointed out how lovely this fragmentation across streaming services will be for sports bar/public viewing purposes. It can be hard enough getting a server to put the game on that you requested, given the variance of cable packages; good luck if you want to watch something that isn't technically on TV at all.

It's a bunch of drat bullshit! The only reason I have cable at all is for live sports and I'm very near cutting it off completely and finding pirate streams for everything.

Everything with any semblance of good or fun must be loving ruined at all costs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Seaniqua posted:

would have to move from Happy Valley to Uncanny Valley

this is like dabo.jpg i laugh real hard every time i see it