Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

World be an interesting fit for the position..
https://twitter.com/ausmurph88/status/1349392276963741697

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Bama loving things up for everyone else again
https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1350119615934902277

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Birdman.gif
https://twitter.com/38Godfrey/status/1351343633459523590

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Never knew about his background until looking it up just now: unremarkable professional tennis player turned league administrator who was hired by the Pac-then-10 with no college sports experience (other than captaining his Harvard tennis team)? Why did they think that would work?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn filled out its staff today with Memphis's ILB coach (taking OLB and ST here), a former MWC opponent of Harsin as Fresno's DC. Wound up with a pretty even balance of SEC vets, Harsin's guys, Auburn alums and G5 up-and-comers.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Reports that Sark tried to bring Mike Stoops, currently a Bama analyst, to Texas as LB coach but had to rescind the offer due to backlash over his performance at rival OU and some alleged negative recruiting against Texas he did then.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The "negative recruiting" was characterized like poo poo-talking UT to Texas high school coaches, so I do understand why people would think that's a problem but yeah, whether it's a worse sign that Sark wanted Stoops or that the boosters can successfully veto it, open question.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

GD_American posted:

I got to see the Hack experience live in an AAF game. It was everything I was promised
AAF owned, mourn the Iron forever

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/colecubelic/status/1358622644925521921
Wow

Remember that poo poo?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

soggybagel posted:

Minnesota has announced the first game to take place on the Moon. It will be against Auburn in the year 2099
Minnesota plays their heart out for their the final game coached by PJ Mech before he's involuntarily obsoleted; Auburn, once again coached by Gus Malzahn after Jimmy Sexton discovers his old contract actually requires the university to upload his consciousness to the clAUd and rehire him upon his natural death, looks listless after an emotional Iron Bowl victory precedes an SECCG loss to Florida's climatically similar campus on Venus. Gophers 38-21.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Lmao Doyle resigned

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Malzahn said to be the frontrunner at UCF, like that a lot for both sides.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

He still gets the buyout (minus whatever UCF pays him) so why not.
IDK if it's right but I remember hearing someone say his buyout actually isn't offset by any new jobs so he's getting all of it

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Dylan Brooks finally let out of his NLI to Tennessee unconditionally; they had sought to block him from going to an SEC school. Auburn still said to be the frontrunner even after the coaching change but all the top schools were in on him and will presumably try again.

E: and Saturday he announced for Auburn, becoming the top player in the class and bumping them back into the top 20

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 20, 2021

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

This will probably help
https://twitter.com/SergioMarBel/status/1364291894822461442

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

gross he's looking at me

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Those counts of "offers" mostly aren't real we would immediately accept you into this class and hold that spot for you offers. Also the 85 scholarship limit is being raised to account for the guys taking a free extra year so that would account for some.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Was this made official? It's the only that makes sense, but I haven't seen the particulars.

...and also don't trust the NCAA to have things make sense of course.
Looking it up, it's real, but it is that seniors returning with the free year don't count against the limit rather than the 85 being raised like I put it.

MourningView posted:

Not every school is that aggressive with giving out non-commitable offers though. Iowa usually only offers like 100 something kids which is obviously more than they can take but a lot of those kids will go somewhere else anyway, and I think generally they're all committable up until they fill up at the position. Stanford usually only offers like 70 kids or something like that.
I remember it being the likes of South Carolina and Tennessee who were the ones typically at the top of that list when people first started noticing that number maybe 10 years ago, with like 200+ "offers" every year. Not the top top programs but maybe the ones who took football seriously and were trying to play catch up.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

General Dog posted:

I know there was the thing about mocking a player at practice about his dad’s alcoholism
Think there were some "go back to the hood"-style remarks too.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Lawsuit filed against Auburn by a recently fired academic advisor for the athletic department; racial discrimination complaint but the nut here is he's alleging he got the cold shoulder ever since he raised a fuss about a professor getting pressured to change a grade for a player (not named, but determined to be TE Jay Jay Wilson based on the description) to keep him eligible for the Outback Bowl (loss to Minnesota) following the 2019 season.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/_StephanieMyers/status/1369784557260599297

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Cow college supremacy
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1370157751171698689

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

Cool so glad ur mom can finally get the vaccine
For real though, if she hadn't already she absolutely would've gone to a vet just on principle

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Massachusetts high school football coach fired after some let's say non-standard terminology found in his playbook:

quote:

Robert Trestan, the director of the Anti-Defamation League’s New England region, said the players had used “Auschwitz,” “rabbi” and “dreidel” as audibles — or last-minute play calls — during a game on March 12 against Plymouth North High School.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

downout posted:

It's time to do it kansas. The first armchair quarterback lead football team! Not sure what play to run? Ask the internet! Defensive play calling? Ask the internet! Offensive play calling? Ask the internet! We'll get to make a name for it... Peer Based Football Coaching ... gently caress you, I know what play to run!
which school would be the easiest to trick into something I can't actually define but just call "playcalling on the blockchain"?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I wanna say what they need is the football Bruce Pearl -- an elite coach forcibly knocked down a peg without becoming entirely canceled -- but Auburn basketball at least had access to money and proximity to recruits whereas Kansas does not have those and also successful football coaches do not become disgraced without also being canceled to the extent of unemployability.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

2PT try will become mandatory at 2OT; at 3OT it's all just alternating 2PT tries
https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1385317092132597761

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Feel like the carpet should be purple

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

D.N. Nation posted:

Are Foosackly's tenders any good? I make an annual trip to the Bama shoreline but have never picked any up.
They're fine, don't really stand out in the category but not a disaster. Weird thing is they have the crinkliest crinkle-cut fries I've ever seen. They're like so serrated you could probably saw wood with one, and they will tear your mouth up a little.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

come on is he even good at the job anymore
https://twitter.com/AJCsports/status/1392519961202110464

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

LLCoolJD posted:

As far as football goes, it's going to be interesting to see how player compensation shakes out. Local car dealerships have been waiting for this. Imagine if Cadillac Williams had appeared in a Cadillac dealership commercial.https://youtu.be/HX7wzhMvbzo
If local car dealers start handing out ads just cause they're boosters, without any regard to whether the player has any charisma or whatever, that's gonna result in some hilariously lovely commercials, looking forward to it. Like the ones during Braves games where the Georgia car dealer pays Ozzie Albies and Trae Young to pretend to be friends with him are already bad enough.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I never got into it cause I know I have no ability to think objectively about the sports I care about and was a big buzzkill the last few years as fantasy/gambling really became the primary focus of not only like a lot of broadcasts but also the actual people I know who are into sports. Don't really care if someone wants to do it but I don't relate to it at all. Also same as how tons of the people I know with zero interest or knowledge before got into stocks and crypto over the last like month or two, I don't even get how anyone thinks of it as like fun or competitive, you're not like matching wits with the guy in the next cubicle, you're all getting farmed by spreadsheets with PhDs.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn announced their NIL program which I'm sure everyone is doing but caught my eye that they're partnered with a firm named INFLCR which I assume either does social media marketing or makes anime shmups.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

CBS released their preliminary schedule which doesn't ahve much of note locked down besides Bama-Florida and the Cocktail Party, but I did notice that it's called the "Tony the Tiger" Sun Bowl now?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

Jefferson Pilot used to air a meaningless low level ACC game every week before some actual CBS SEC football and it would run over every loving time.

I’ll bet those fuckers took a year off my lifespan. It was hard on the arteries.
The JP/Raycom/Lincoln Financial game was always on the UPN affiliate here, I think even before UPN when they were just an off-brand grab bag of syndicated junk on like channel 44.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

Lucky fuckers. I missed the start to a lot of cocktail party and FSU games just to see the riveting end of a 13-9 Wake victory over NC State.
I'm stunned that wasn't a violation of the CBS contract or something

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1400591378137104385

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1403040615823286278
On-campus games and a meaningful advantage for the highest ranked conference champions does settle a lot of the problems I had with expansion in theory

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Komet posted:

ACC are the biggest snobs because they could have gotten WVU and it was vetoed. I really doubt Louisville is any better academically
Louisville has the kind of equine pharmacology program that you just can't pass up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Nice OOC matchup just dropped: Auburn @ Miami in 2029, they come to Jordan-Hare in '30.