Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
what state are they flying it in from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
tbqh the problem with texas is every hill is one they're willing to die on

the level of entitlement is terminal

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
It brings me no pleasure to say but rocky top is the best school song

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Tbf the man doesn't know what asparagus is how is he supposed to master burner phones

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Yeah that's a police interrogation not an interview, no way they weren't one hundred percent intent on firing him

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Maxwells Demon posted:

Maybe Tennessee knew it had enough evidence to fire by cause then and so it didn't matter what the buyout was, and they needed recruiting to be rock solid until the NCAA came down upon Pruitt?

this is checkers, not chess

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Yeah they're absolutely hosed now. You're getting out of pruitt's buyout by guaranteeing the next guy gets shitcanned too after tying his hands behind his back

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
weird that bill o brien and doug marrone both got promoted this year

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Tennessee is going to hire Scott Frost

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Has anyone made a volcel joke yet

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
lmao the only way it's in poor taste is if it wasn't 70 pages of long, slow torture

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Man it's going to be weird to play Bama in a videogame and they're just airing the ball out all over the place

poo poo has changed

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

soggybagel posted:

It’s good to be king.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/02/22/steve-sarkisian-salary-ut-austin/

Steve Sarkisian, the new head football coach at the University of Texas at Austin, is guaranteed to make at least $34.2 million throughout his six-year contract, according to a UT Board of Regents meeting agenda.

The board is expected to approve Sarkisian’s salary Thursday. Sarkisian, who was hired Jan. 2, will make $5.2 million in his first year as coach and is guaranteed a $200,000 raise each year. Sarkisian’s compensation also includes two dealership cars, 20 hours of private airplane use per year and a $250,000 relocation and temporary housing allowance. He will additionally receive a one-time payment of $1.2 million if he is still head coach on December 31, 2024. All of these funds will come from Texas Athletics, whose budget includes revenue from multiple sources including licensing, broadcasting rights, ticket sales and donors, according to university spokesperson J.B. Bird.

the only thing i learned reading this is he's getting fired December 30, 2024 if his rear end isn't in the playoffs

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Warbird posted:

If this wasn’t tied to work I’d ask how he recommends I keep lane kiffin away from my daughter.

I dont think he's an expert on this by any stretch

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
it looks weirdly like tim heidecker in a muschamp costume

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
The twelve disciples are the original globetrotters

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

GD_American posted:

I'm shocked Dabo hasn't weighed in with something stupid and victim-blaming yet.

The fact he didn't makes me think he already covered some poo poo up and doesn't want to be on mic

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

loving *Alito* said that?

boys we're getting the videogames back and alabama is going to give everyone a million dollars

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Make transfers secret and available anytime

I want to go to an iron bowl where the starting quarterbacks secretly switched teams

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

MourningView posted:

big 12 would have the better quarterback

Horseshit, their best one in the last two years was a Bama cast off

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Didn't cole McDonald get benched in a game where he threw like five hundred yards

What a badass

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Remember how they pushed Ian Book in the media

lol

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

curried lamb of God posted:

Bo Nix is Nick Fitzgerald with a semi-famous dad

And a fanbase even more like the Hitler youth

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Henchman of Santa posted:

I have no memory whatsoever of UCF hiring Gus.

It seems weird that UCF was open at all

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Declan MacManus posted:

yeah pretty weird, guess whatever team got heupel is probably pretty set and stable for the next few years though

Lol I assumed they fired him, had to google to see what actually happened

I guess Tennessee does need a coach that could develop second tier recruits though

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
A&M did line itself up an embarassingly easy OOC schedule this year and South Carolina is their eastern opponent, honestly their season should be a considered a failure if they have more than one loss this time

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Declan MacManus posted:

a&m should consider this their golden opportunity to actually sneak one past bama in a “transition” (read: 10-2) year, new qb or no

Absolutely.

For comparison, here is A&M's pre-Bama schedule:

Kent State
Colorado
New Mexico
Arky
Miss State

Bama's schedule to this point:
Miami
Mercer
Florida
Southern Miss
Ole Miss

Alabama will probably already had whatever weakness there is on its defense exposed twice by the time they play. In addition, Bama lost Najee, Mac, Smitty, and Waddle, and while John Metchie is great he's just not nearly as scary a #1 as either Smith or Waddle. Overall I think Bama has enough weapons to actually be just as good as last year if everyone plays to potential: Billingsley and Latu could be the best tight end duo Bama has ever had if they developed, the talent is there in a deep runningback room (all of whom seem able to catch), and while depleted, the receivers are still deep and freshman Agiye Hall looked like the next Julio in the A Day game--but Bama has to actually get there. Bryce Young isn't going to be able to rely on just one or two stars to make the offense work, he's going to have to spread it out and use his legs to extend plays behind an assuredly less dominant O-line.

Last year, I think A&M was about as complete a team as anyone in the country. Unfortunately they played Bama when they were at full strength, and I just don't think any defense could account for Smith/Waddle/Najee while the Bama o-line was just giving Mac days in the pocket. The turnover for both teams is going to make this year's game dicey, especially with A&M getting to sleepwalk undefeated into week six.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Nerd

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Twelve teams is bullshit and if they do that they should also do a twelve teM G5 playoff cuz bowls are deaaad

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Silly Burrito posted:

As a LSU fan, I can't imagine this scenario at all. So totally implausible.

Have you considered just losing in the regular season to soothe your pain

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Alabama canon is far more important and binding than a court changing your name

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
gently caress yes Alabama gets to back money trucks to players houses gently caress yesss ahahahahaha

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
The ECU dude that ran out Ruffin McNeill is a real sleeper imo

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

D.N. Nation posted:

Jeff Compher, who 1) of course I had to look up; and 2) who has the biggest "middle-management rear end in a top hat who bothers you about timesheets" name ever.

This is what he's up to these days. He's still being paid by ECU through 2023

the dude he replaced McNeill with didn't ever win more than 3 games lmao

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
C'mon Georgia, beat Clemson and then go 8-4

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

i was coming to talk about BYU

Fights don't happen because of taunting. Fights happen because at least one team are broke brained baby bitches that feel like throwing punches is the best way left to protect their masculinity. That's why it's always the usual brigade of low-tier bowl loser teams (BYU, certain Misssissippi teams, etc.) that are ready to fight.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
If the women's college world series is in Oklahoma I see no reason whatsoever for the football playoffs to not be set entirely in Tuscaloosa

Or even better, Legion Field

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Pobrecito posted:

No SEC team would ever accept being in the “North” so I propose the divisions should be the South and the Deep South.

Fried and Broiled

Also if Texas and Oklahoma join then the SEC is like straight up too much of a super conference for anyone to get out of alive, it would be better if they added some respectability to the PAC 12. Then put Ohio state and Michigan in the ACC and you have a power 3

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
The last Georgia Oklahoma game was one of the best games I've ever seen so just make them rivals imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
What's the best conference you could theoretically form to compete with this new SEC? Adding USC, Oregon, Clemson and Notre Dame to the big 10?