Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I am very excited for Leipold

Also The Wheel getting best restaurant in Lawrence is the dumbest loving thing I've ever heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

I've gotten to the point of awe at how masterfully the restaurant ranking tweets trolled everyone. It takes a lot of research to figure out which restaurant in every college city would piss off literally everyone who read it.

Ha well yeah but The Wheel is a frat bar notable for people slamming shots and not carding kids, I got in there when I was 17. I think they serve unremarkable burgers but more importantly the whole place smells like ketchup and stale beer

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

it’s gonna be like a four year project but you might beat texas this year so that’ll be fun

Well I'll have you know that we just had our spring game and

...Yeah. You're right. They're gonna need a QB before anything good happens and that's just for starters.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Some heads SHOULD be covered in a cowboy hat

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So they aren't changing Aztecs but are changing the mascot. Sure I guess. Meanwhile there are multiple petitions in Cleveland to keep Chief Wahoo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They're putting Kansas football games on Friday night, just in case anyone wants to make some highschool football jokes

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kentucky fans in basketball try to make the same claims about Adolph Rupp who was racist as gently caress

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Scarf posted:

Someone smoked and carved a work boot. An UNSEASONED work boot.

Also KC BBQ is gross and way too sweet.

:wtf:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It looks like hot glue and it is sticky. It has less time to be good than an avocado or apple before it turns into a disgusting mess.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Me neither and I've had good St. Louis pizza I just feel like it is extremely easy to gently caress up. Also I'm from KC so we like to poo poo on St. Louis food any chance we get.

baked ravioli isn't bad

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

I couldn't imagine being a 50 year old guy and getting upset that a high schooler decided to go play somewhere else. It's downright creepy how into recruiting some of these guys are.

they don't call em boomer sooners for nothin

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Why would you choose a wobbly poo poo pass

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's kind of impressive how much Les was able to accomplish in such a short time.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

being a comparably awful program’s nadir is not a point in kansas’ favor

Kansas beat Texas, just to bring everything full circle in this thread

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kansas would be okay since the last time this happened they were approached by the Big 10 and the Pac 10. But K-State and Iowa State would be screwed I think. Iowa State seems a natural for the Big 10 but they don't really gain much market by adding them. K-State would end up in the Mountain West or something.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1418018415156023298

obligatory gently caress Texas

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean they run it with power money and influence but hilariously can't win it in either sport

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

OU was in the original Big 8 since 1919, man gently caress them

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well I like the idea of OU skullfucking their pod and UK and MU being on the receiving end of that but admittedly that's because of basketball

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

We don’t want the Aggies back

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sash! posted:

Just as long as whatever happens doesn't result in Kansas being in the Big Ten.

The basketball would be incredible though

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I want Kansas in the B1G so bad I'm starting to formulate a conspiracy theory that Leipold knew this was going to happen and that's why he lobbied for the job after coaching all over B1G country. If I tweet it just right maybe some people will believe it.

Also in basketball Bill Self would own Chicago recruiting.

edit: like clockwork

https://twitter.com/M_Vernon/status/1418591461411495943

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Komet posted:

Kansas has a basketball team, but they're so egregiously bad in football. We already have Rutgers. We don't need two of the worst FBS teams in one conference.

I'm seeing that there are talks between the Big Ten and PAC schools.

They also have a new coach and a new athletic director and that coach is from Big 10 country. They have good facilities and a fanbase that's obviously obsessed with the Chiefs already it wouldn't be a huge stretch to dramatically improve that program if they go to the Big 10.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Komet posted:

That's what people said about Maryland and Rutgers. You can't just spent more money and magically become good at football.

I am not saying they would just spend money and magically get good at football but having the right coach is a big step. Also the problem I have with your post is that using Maryland and Rutgers as an example of why KU wouldn't go to the B1G is kind of silly since those programs did. Those programs also don't have the basketball prestige either, which I know doesn't go very far in this thread but it is of value to conferences even if football is king.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

awwww we're finally gonna be rivals soon

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

On one hand Kansas has been good at football like twice in the last 100 years but on the other they finally took the track out of the stadium, and are within driving distance of Pat Mahomes so that turn around is definitely coming any day now

I agree

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/kent_swanson/status/1418596166535614466

A mildly interesting fact. Can a Northwestern fan tell me how they felt about Goff

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

Has anyone called it Texit yet?

I checked Twitter to see if you were the first and found a lot of Texit but for completely different, previously undiscovered and ultra loving crazy right wing reasons.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

KU and MU in the Big 10 would be kind of great.

vvvvvv and also I'd agree that MU would never leave the SEC and shouldn't

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 25, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

And yet his best chance at NIL money is probably in Vegas so that seems wise

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If the B1G falls through I imagine ACC would be interested but the travel would suck.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Before anyone asks here are the AAU schools

https://www.aau.edu/who-we-are/our-members

The only Big 12 remaining schools are Iowa State and Kansas, but interestingly UCLA and USC are there

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm sure part of this whole thing is Texas reading the writing on the wall that the Longhorn Network was a complete failure and the ESPN money is going to dry up.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

I don't think it actually matters but pretending we're the ivy league makes some big ten fans feel better about being worse at football than the sec so they're very invested in pretending it's a real thing. Nebraska got booted out like literally the exact same year they joined it's not like they wouldn't have known it was tenuous at the time the offer was extended.

That said Okie State doesn't really add a lot, especially if they aren't playing against Texas schools and the recruiting takes a hit

A lot of Iowa state fans think Iowa should force the big ten to take ISU and lol

Iowa State in the same conference as Iowa would be cool for rivalry games but other than that I'm not sure what the Big 10 gains by adding them

Sash! posted:

I don't see the Big Ten adding two western teams, because that division needs all of the help it can get. Jamming hot trash Kansas in there isn't doing anything.

Well I'll take the bait and suggest that after UT Football and OU Football the biggest program in the Big 12 is KU Basketball. KU is worth millions more than Rutgers and that's at a historically low football program the last ten years. There's nowhere to go but up on that front.

Other programs might be more attractive to the B1G but saying they B1G gains nothing by adding Kansas is football-thread opinion. There's also belief that in the future with the stranglehold of the NCAA slipping away that monetizing college basketball will become more efficient. Football is king but basketball isn't nothing.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 26, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

and no one is watching Kansas football.

Because the average KU football fan, and by that I mean me, is in an indefinite "I'll watch when you improve the loving product, not before" mode. I know it's me being a fanboy to suggest that Kansas football can catch on after the last decade but in the Orange Bowl '08 yeah fans were all about it. But I mean seriously you can't win 1-2 games every year. I feel pretty good about the new AD/Coach situation so maybe I'm just blowing smoke up my own rear end but I'm optimistic for the first time in many years.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Reminder that this happened

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/400869603

Everything about this picture is hilarious

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wiltsghost posted:

I'm really glad the KU folks who are in charge are staying silent on all this.

To be fair they had to backtrack on that whole "call with the B1G" thing so it didn't look like they were doing it before the UT OU thing became official today.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Imagine a cold winter Saturday in, I dunno, Ohio. Life feels pretty dreary lately and your unemployment is about to run out just like your wife.

But those USC douchebags from Hollyweird are comin to town today. Suddenly a spark deep down grows into a flame

edit: MU guys what's going down in Missouri

https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/1419788311854526468

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jul 26, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Stolen from reddit, a look at revenue of a potential Big 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

you fiend!!!!!!!!

lol holy poo poo I didn't even notice Northwestern disappeared from that and I have been to several games and spent a hundred nights there and eaten in that magnificent cafeteria a dozen times.

Sorry Wildcats.