Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Black Robe posted:

Which means that the 'grit' is going to come out of nowhere and probably be awkwardly stapled on top of what's likely a not-terrible generic Pokemon plot and will read like someone literally edited a script to add swearing and blood splatters.
The option to turn off the edginess does kinda seem to confirm right at the start that none of that edginess is actually integral to the plot.

Quackles posted:

Skin: Light
Hair: Pink
Your call on the clothes.

Damanation posted:

This and let's name her Madoka. Who else fits a story that seems light but has some serious edge waiting to hit you when you don't expect it?
Adding a vote for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Barely out of the tutorial and we have Pokémon murdering people, an evil team with dark hoods called "The Shadows", a nigh-unwinnable first rival battle if you picked the wrong starter, and a raging douchebag of a rival who just mows down grunts despite having no experience with Pokémon whatsoever. It's like this game is ticking off a checklist of bad Pokémon fangame tropes. Can't wait for more :munch:

Damanation posted:

Also I’m calling it here: subject UNO is Articuno. They will refer to Zapdos as DOS and Moltres as TRES to continue the naming scheme.
That sounds very likely and I'm not sure how to feel about it.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Psycho Knight posted:

Beldum has that new Steel Move which hosed over my Larvitar. Larvitar is able to fight back with Bite, but I still only managed to squeak through by scoring a lucky critical during my second attempt. Larvitar survived with only 3HP (and by using the berry).

Da_Higg posted:

So if you had picked Beldum at the start, would you have had to face a Gible with fire fang?
I'm starting to get the feeling that the player might just be intended to lose the first rival battle, perhaps as a motivation to become strong enough to beat him one day; but a not-clearly-flagged unwinnable boss fight is lovely in its own right.