Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
You really wanna dump all this lore on us right at the beginning of the game? You couldn't find a more organic way of doing it that didn't make my eyes glaze over?

Thanks for reminding me to get the Zeta LP back up and running. I'll be interested in seeing how this goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I also vote for Nibbles the Gible.

I must say that I'm pretty keen on the UI so far, especially where we get an item description popping up when we find something new. Not sure how exactly we're carrying around a cube as an inventory, though.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Geomancing posted:

Taking this long to evolve Budew even with the bell, that's annoying. And it gets worse as trainer levels get higher, because you're ever more likely to faint because, well, it's a Budew.

I think I'm gonna take some time to grind my Munchlax's friendship so I don't have to wait for him to evolve anymore.

This LP has been pretty fascinating so far. The mechanical polish and quality of life updates put this game ahead of Zeta so far, but there's plenty of time for it to crash into more ditches.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Omnicrom posted:

If your Pokémon game leads to asking those last two questions then something has gone wrong. The simple answer should be that it doesn't happen because it's not interesting and it's against the spirit of the game. Quibble about realism or setting or narrative or however you like it, but if you draw attention to it you are breaking the hypothetical player's willing suspension of disbelief. Because the scene as it played out was absolutely a huge failure, and it's an absolutely huge failure that keeps coming up in these fan games. And it's not even hard to figure out, if the player wins they should win. It's as simple as that, you beat the bad guys and even if they progressed their plot they should still stay "I'll get you next time PC, next time!" And run away because they lost. This is how Pokémon has done it before, the bad guys got whatever MacGuffin they were at the place for, but they had to flee and try again because you kicked the crap out of them.

I remember Insurgence being better about this than most fangames because there were so many villains whose plans you could foil. I think there were still a few pointless battles here and there, but I never really got frustrated with the way things played out.

Oh, and Uranium solved the by not introducing a villain until the game was almost over. :psyduck:

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Can't wait for the Super Eyepatch Wolf video detailing how far down the rabbit hole this fandom has gotten.