Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

Quackles posted:

Welp.

Skin: Light
Hair: Pink
Your call on the clothes.

Looking forward to the wacky story.

Remember, folks: It can't be worse than Pokémon Reborn.™

This and let’s name her Madoka. Who else fits a story that seems light but has some serious edge waiting to hit you when you don’t expect it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

A Larvitar named Gojira with a rival named Bueller

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

Man Filler didn’t seemed that bad at start, but really took off on the rear end in a top hat meter there.

Also I’m calling it here: subject UNO is Articuno. They will refer to Zapdos as DOS and Moltres as TRES to continue the naming scheme.

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

I like the idea of encountering ice pokemon so early on when usually you don't seem them until late game. But man it's so rude to do it with these starters.

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

I’m also curious about catching the sandslash.

I think there’s potential in the team, I thought it was cute when the grunt paid for the package after stealing it. I hope we see more of that, otherwise there’s not much characterization of it.

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

Yeah, this was a pretty pleasant update. Not all of the writing landed, but it seemed like some good tutorializing. I also appreciate the signposting of the gym’s gimmick, how to counter it, and where to find those counters.

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

I was okay with the fog being weed when it was only people coughing in it, the gym leader really ruined it.

That said, I’ve liked the map design so far, that flower field seemed really neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

Fingers crossed the terrain gimmicks don't get worse at least.

I also agree that that Secret Agent is a cool thing for a Dark Gym Leader be. I hope we see more of going against the grain. I wonder what a good fighting gym leader would be like that isn't martial arts focused? Maybe construction or dance related?