Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Ginette Reno posted:

I mean you could probably get decent value out of him by sheltering him and deploying him in offensive situations.

As it is, he's gotten 70% ozone starts this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Deangelo hasn't made a successful entry since the 6th.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Yesterday, Quinn indicated that they would be able to talk about this after the waiver period, right?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1356286700889264128

FINALLY

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1356289092292661253

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Aphrodite posted:

You can't buyout players in the middle of a season. It's only allowed during a 2 week period at the end.

Yeah I get that but I mean can't they just sit on him until the end of the season and buy him out? Not like it matters much this year?

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Aphrodite posted:

Deangelo hasn't made a successful entry since the 6th.
HA!

E: no, literally this made me say HA! out loud

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/TaylorHaasePGH/status/1356289253773344769

this is tremendous, lmao

E: one of you pens AS folks needs that as an av, goddamn

DJExile fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Feb 1, 2021

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/TaylorHaasePGH/status/1356289253773344769

this is tremendous, lmao

E: one of you pens AS folks needs that as an av, goddamn

Alright, I guess it was time. I do love Tanev.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Ginette Reno posted:

Most excellent

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/PensInsideScoop/status/1356281422013726727?s=20

Behold a team that is missing 4 of it's top 6 normal defensemen

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

hahahahaha that's perfect

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

https://twitter.com/PensInsideScoop/status/1356281422013726727?s=20

Behold a team that is missing 4 of it's top 6 normal defensemen

Thank god at least P.O. Joseph is playing better than anyone could've expected. A healthy team has him buried under Dumo/Pettersson/Matheson.
Hope he clicks with Marino

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Tanev rules

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIČRE IN ME

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

hope he refuses to report and gets suspended

same

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
He’s not gonna refuse to report because they haven’t (and probably aren’t going to) assigned him to the AHL. Having that cancer down there would be almost as bad as having it in the NHL.

They’re either going to trade him and take on a different bad contract just to get rid of him, or assign him to the taxi squad on paper but just tell him to sit out the rest of the year and buy him out in the offseason

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

OldSenileGuy posted:

He’s not gonna refuse to report because they haven’t (and probably aren’t going to) assigned him to the AHL. Having that cancer down there would be almost as bad as having it in the NHL.

They’re either going to trade him and take on a different bad contract just to get rid of him, or assign him to the taxi squad on paper but just tell him to sit out the rest of the year and buy him out in the offseason

Can’t they send him to the AHL and the AHL bench him or put him on their taxi squad?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Taxi Squad travels and practices with the team so putting him on it wouldn’t solve anything.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Can’t they send him to the AHL and the AHL bench him or put him on their taxi squad?

If i'm the [quickly googles it] Hartford Wolfpack, I wouldn't want him anywhere near the locker room at this point. I also don't know if the AHL is doing their own taxi squad stuff.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Send him to the ECHL so he can get his rear end kicked nightly imo

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

Staring face avatars are great (i think mine is like a decade old now though)

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Why would they assign him to the taxi squad even if he doesn't have to show? All that does is eat a roster spot. He's gonna get sent to Europe or loaned to another teams AHL team. He's not going to be around the Rangers in any way that would be insane.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

quote:

And with this, I can now share what I know.

And before we get questions about me coming in "after the fact" I purposefully told a handful of people so that they could confirm when I was able to share (I do this as a safeguard for those who still think I am pulling poo poo out of my rear end):

ADA has been increasingly vocal in the locker room about certain race and social issues and supposedly been making those comments very well known.

He has also not been quiet about some of the changes in this country over the last few months and weeks.

For the most part, there’s an understanding that what you do on your own time is your own business. But ADA has apparently been taking his cues from the more active factions in the world and it is bleeding into the locker room.

This includes going out of his way to make comments that he doesn’t think there’s a big racial problem in the nation, recent events being fake news, etc.

That might not be a huge issue, save for the fact that he’s the one who keeps mentioning. Requests to get him to knock it off have not gone well. The leadership of this team, namely Trouba has taken him aside and told him to leave that stuff at the door and not let it become a distraction.

The other night, he went after Georgiev, got in his face, pinned him to the wall and then tried to choke him. Trouba and Miller stepped into separate them, and then ADA turned on them. Trouba basically bear hugged him and dragged him into the locker room by his jersey. What happened behind closed doors is unknown to me at this time. ADA also told "Miller to go f*** himself" among some other choice comments.

The other night was the final straw with someone who many believe cannot separate the politics and hit button issues from the locker room, views himself as having “made it”, and has really just not done a good job of controlling himself or conducting himself in a proper manner.

Now that it is leading to physical confrontations, the Rangers are basically done with him.

So NOW you know most of what I do.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

What a total loving moron.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/TaylorHaasePGH/status/1356314662657253380

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Holy loving poo poo. Sounds like a maga proud boy CHUD.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Where is that from?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

If any of this is true :byewhore:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Gerblederp posted:

Tanev rules

He does. He's been a really useful player for the Pens too. I don't like the contract but I do love the player.

Carver posted:

Staring face avatars are great (i think mine is like a decade old now though)

I'm not sure I'd even recognize you as a poster if you changed it. Sometimes it weirds me out when people have the same avatar for years and suddenly change it and I forget who they are.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

He does. He's been a really useful player for the Pens too. I don't like the contract but I do love the player.

Yeah the contract is going to be ugly but the guy just always goes 100% and I miss him.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIČRE IN ME

FWIW this is from a guy on hfboards who's been there forever, worked with the NHL and the Rangers years and years ago, and generally is accepted (and vetted by the mods) to have some inside contacts with the Rangers. Whatever you think of hfboards, his posting has been legit for like over a decade or whatever its been now. He hasn't been one to spout wild crazy rumors or conspiracy theories or post like an idiot, he's pretty even keeled and normal guy.

Also,
Seems like a good thread:

https://twitter.com/PhilKocher/status/1356317406222811141

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

If you all can believe my completely true Tay Tay gopro story, then I can believe some guy who's uncle works for James Dolan.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Levitate posted:

FWIW this is from a guy on hfboards who's been there forever, worked with the NHL and the Rangers years and years ago, and generally is accepted (and vetted by the mods) to have some inside contacts with the Rangers. Whatever you think of hfboards, his posting has been legit for like over a decade or whatever its been now. He hasn't been one to spout wild crazy rumors or conspiracy theories or post like an idiot, he's pretty even keeled and normal guy.

Does he have a better accuracy record than asinhowe

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hahaha oh wow, what a tremendous piece of poo poo

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I heard something similar

quote:

And with this, I can now share what I know.

And before we get questions about me coming in "after the fact" I purposefully told a handful of paesans so that they could confirm when I was able to share (I do this as a safeguard for those who still think I am pulling poo poo out of my rear end):

ADA has been increasingly vocal in the locker room about certain salted and cured meats and supposedly been making those comments very well known.

He has also not been quiet about some of the changes made to the Olive Garden's unlimited breadstick and salad policy over the last few months and weeks.

For the most part, there’s an understanding that what you do on your own time is your own business. But ADA has apparently been taking his cues from the more active chefs in the world (mostly Boyardee, but he keeps screaming "MARIO BATALI COULD END YOU, BRO) and it is bleeding into the locker room.

This includes going out of his way to make comments that he thinks gabbagool and mortadella are the "god-tier meats" and that anyone who prefers soppressata is a "f****** fa****"

That might not be a huge issue, save for the fact that he’s the one who keeps mentioning. Requests to get him to knock it off have not gone well. The leadership of this team, namely Trouba has taken him aside and told him to leave that stuff at the door and not let it become a distraction. Nobody cares what kind of deli meats are his favorite.

The other night, he went after Georgiev, got in his face, pinned him to the wall and then tried to choke him, screaming "BORSCHT IS BULLSHIT". Trouba and Miller stepped into separate them, and then ADA turned on them. Trouba basically bear hugged him and dragged him into the locker room by his jersey. What happened behind closed doors is unknown to me at this time. ADA also told "Miller to go f*** yourself you f***ing Applebee's Cuck" among some other choice comments.

The other night was the final straw with someone who many believe cannot separate the salami issues from the locker room, views himself as being “the king of Hospitaliano”, and has really just not done a good job of controlling himself or conducting himself in a proper manner.

Now that it is leading to physical confrontations, the Rangers are basically done with him.

So NOW you know most of what I do.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

DJExile posted:

Does he have a better accuracy record than asinhowe

He seems legit yeah. I mostly lurk over on hfnyr and the guy has been spot on for more than a few things.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

After the Sbisa story turned out to be true, how can you doubt anymore?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

OldSenileGuy posted:

I heard something similar

I'd get sick of hearing this all the time too to be honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh02zvHHPzw

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
NHL career cut short due to being terminally online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

OldSenileGuy posted: