Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Rangers hockey so close yet so far. Really interested to see how the 2nd and 3rd lines pan out. Hope Kakko takes a step up this year. Laf/Chytil/Gauthier could be fun as well. Hell all of the lines except the 4th should be a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Let's go Rangers!

David Quinn has finally achieved his goal of an all-American defense.

We will soon find out exactly how bad Jack Johnson is.

But we'll find out how good K'Andre Miller is!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

legit lollin' at this ref's expression

E: The Oilers!

https://twitter.com/IneffectiveMath/status/1349399975533412353

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1349401658825072640
https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1349402664904306688
https://twitter.com/VogsCaps/status/1349402191979753476

Kilza fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 13, 2021

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Let's Go Red Wings

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Is K'Andre Miller really going to play with Trouba? Holy smokes.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Connaughton is going to spend his entire NHL career getting hosed over by every team he plays for.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Excited for this year's MacKinnon show and disappointing playoff exit

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Flocons de Jambon posted:

Is K'Andre Miller really going to play with Trouba? Holy smokes.

Looks like it, yep. Apparently Trouba has taken him under his wing. I hope it works out.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/domluszczyszyn/status/1349410052189396992

Dom is a spicy boi

dadjokes
Feb 9, 2015

The gently caress? Like I get that Glendening “plays the right way” and has been around for forever but Frans is a real head scratcher.

Also a question about the NHL.TV/center ice subscription. Every game is $100 for the season but subject to blackouts, but there’s the option to follow just one team for $85 that is still subject to blackouts? Am I missing something here? I have a VPN already so the every team package seems like an easy choice but that just seems like a lovely choice. Sorry if this is a derail but I poked around in the other thread and didn’t see to much discussion on this.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Does it really matter who the rear end Caps are?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

dadjokes posted:

Also a question about the NHL.TV/center ice subscription. Every game is $100 for the season but subject to blackouts, but there’s the option to follow just one team for $85 that is still subject to blackouts? Am I missing something here? I have a VPN already so the every team package seems like an easy choice but that just seems like a lovely choice. Sorry if this is a derail but I poked around in the other thread and didn’t see to much discussion on this.

I believe in prior years with a regular schedule there was a bigger price delta between the all-team and one-team packages. It still wasn't a great bargain but you saved more than $15

dadjokes
Feb 9, 2015
I would think it does just in the general idea of what the team is striving for in its players? It’s not the biggest thing in the world but still someone is going out of their way to acknowledge the contributions of these players by giving awarding them the A to begin with, so maybe Frans is just very well respected in the locker room or as being a pro but I can’t imagine it’s for on ice contribution.

Thanks FBS

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

This shows NYR projecting more points than Philly which seems odd?

Zodijackylite posted:

Let's go Rangers!

David Quinn has finally achieved his goal of an all-American defense.

We will soon find out exactly how bad Jack Johnson is.

But we'll find out how good K'Andre Miller is!

My hope is that they don't get down on him/bench him when Miller makes a mistake. I think there's a balance between "making rookie mistakes" and "is in over his head" and if he is capable of playing the minutes but makes those mistakes occasionally, that's normal. If he is struggling and making mistakes, then yeah pull him. No one should expect Miller to be perfect but I'm interested to see how he handles the pace

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1349415839607492613

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Hmm the Canucks are definitely not going to be leading but not sure I'd put them in last for the North.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

At least 3 teams are going to make the playoffs that probably shouldn't (and vice versa for teams that should) due to short season bullshit and I'm extremely wary of the Leafs constant drive to be disappointments in new and varied ways

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Picture this:

The year is 2021, Connor McDavid enters his sixth NHL season. Zack Kassian, boasting a career high 34pt season, is his right winger.

goldrush fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 13, 2021

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/MikeChambers/status/1349422848478040064

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

goldrush posted:

Picture this:

The year is 2021, Connor McDavid enters his seventh NHL season. Zack Kassian, boasting a career high 34pt season, is his right winger.

It takes a while for beautiful flowers to grow once the earth has been salted by monsters like Peter Chiarelli.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Koth posted:

Does it really matter who the rear end Caps are?

Someone's got to carry on Justin Abdelkader's tradition of wearing an A in the press box

look, nobody make fun of RWAS, the only other thing we'll get to celebrate this year is beating Chicago maybe three times

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 13, 2021

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
The Metro East will be a bloodbath but spicy takes aside the Caps ain’t finishing last.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
What the gently caress is florida doing with Keith Yandle is he no good anymore

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

stab posted:

What the gently caress is florida doing with Keith Yandle is he no good anymore

he may be a little bit cooked. probably need to flip him and see what it looks like on the bottom tbh

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/1349443132945887233

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
So at the end of last season I decided to completely disconnect from sports while I focused on other things. But I'm back for more hockey and

wait we have Wayne Simmonds?

wait we have Joe Thorton... what

Zach Bogosian? ew

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Scaramouche posted:

Hmm the Canucks are definitely not going to be leading but not sure I'd put them in last for the North.

I can see it, honestly.

Schmidt and Hamonic are improvements on Tanev and Stecher but it's hard to say the team really improved that much from last season. Factor in that and how many wins from last season involved Markstrom deciding he didn't want to let in goals anymore and they could be real fuckin' bad.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

Everyone saw that coming. Pacioretty absolutely did not want it. Only other guy I could see is maybe Marchessault and there is Pietrangelo who hasn't played a single game for them yet.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1349452265514545152

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Stretch Marx posted:

So at the end of last season I decided to completely disconnect from sports while I focused on other things. But I'm back for more hockey and

wait we have Wayne Simmonds?

wait we have Joe Thorton... what

Zach Bogosian? ew

After losing amusingly the Leafs have decided to get older, slower, and tougher? by adding more losers yes.

Edit: They also still haven't addressed the multi-year problems with the defense and goaltending and depth scoring.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Bregor posted:

The Metro East will be a bloodbath but spicy takes aside the Caps ain’t finishing last.

Caps D looks like it'll have trouble actually defending so they'll probably have to score a bunch of goals

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Levitate posted:

Caps D looks like it'll have trouble actually defending so they'll probably have to score a bunch of goals

The Sabres have really bad defenders too, sounds like tomorrow night is gonna be a blast

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/JHallNBCS/status/1349452499875487746

lmao boyd gordon

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Is there a reason the first game begins at 5:30PM? Is it just because there is no worry about people being in the building?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MaoistBanker posted:

Is there a reason the first game begins at 5:30PM? Is it just because there is no worry about people being in the building?

There's gonna be a few weeknight triple-headers like this. Partly because of the (lack of) attendance, partly also to just cram this season into the short time frame.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I very much enjoyed accomplishing nothing in the summer during the all day hockey times.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

1 hour warning :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

17 players tested positive from the stars?

Cool, cool