Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I don't like how this is starting but the Stars are gonna rake in the points when every other team gets an outbreak mid season is what I keep telling myself.

E: go hockey :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Don't hair shame in a pandemic. Unless it's Bieksa cause he had that poo poo clown hair last year.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Looks like a very wrong focal length. Like they were shot way too close. I'm sure the photographer has a very important uncle at Sens hq.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

yellowcar posted:

https://twitter.com/StuMunrue/status/1349762386417299458

coach, the clap of my shin pads keeps alerting the refs!

Made me spit out my late afternoon wine. Thanks.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

E:^ yours was better 😔

Zodijackylite posted:

Rangers defense looks like the Capitol Police tonight.

Which racist is Tony D in this scenario?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I guess the refs are justice in this metaphor

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

So his rib cage exploded? Jesus.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Jimmy Howard calls it quits. First ballot or second?

Also, I'm fully in favour of the recent developments in this thread vis-à-vis corgi content.

Here's Dizi with her friend Molly:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Pretty pumped for the season to start on Friday.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Amazing video. Ashame it'll never be as funny as whatever myers was trying to accomplish by sliding into the corner there.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

So with the condensed schedule and all the missed games already, have they announced any protocol to base the final standings on points/games played or what? What if the rocket winner has 1 more points but 10 more gp than #2? I always assumed the season wouldn't finish with all teams having played all games but never heard anything about a contingency.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Aphrodite posted:

There's a buffer zone at the end of the season.

But Dallas has already exhausted theirs, so if they have another pause who knows.

I'm pretty sure the team playing almost exclusively in Florida, Texas, and Arizona will be fine.

E: and thanks for the answer!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Those Kenya sweaters are dope. I'll buy a new av for the first person to post pics when theirs arrives.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Jhet posted:

How does Kenya get better sweaters than about half the NHL teams?

Because Kenya is cool and the NHL is run by morons.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Jhet posted:

Those two things aren't alike, no matter how we feel about it. If you want to take that stance, then the players should be wearing masks on the ice too. The reason that it feels excessive is because they were already breathing each others air that day, and will be most days between now and June. It's a little like saying you're allowed to eat dinner at the same table as your family, but you need to wear a mask when you're watching TV with each other. Also, you're not allowed to watch TV with each other unless you're in a particular room, and definitely don't be close enough to touch each other. Unless of course you're sitting at the dinner table.

The logic doesn't really track here which is why people are facepalming about it, and that doesn't belittle anyone dying from a disease that largely could have been curtailed and controlled much better than it has been.

Or, I don't know, you have to go to work and your kids have to go to school but if you have your neighbour over for a beer the deaths are all your fault. As a resident of Ontario, I have no idea what living with that type of hypocrisy would be like.

E: spelling but also honka owns and NHL gms are morons.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 21, 2021

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Mind_Taker posted:

How do the Capitals even play their next few games? There's no way Samsonov didn't expose the entire team even if it was just the Russian dudes in the hotel room.

Yeah, I don't see how this isn't a Dallas scenario where the whole team gets locked down until tests are all negative.

The Rona spreads enigmatically

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

clean ayers act posted:

I feel very smart having taken Ovechkin, Kuznetzov, and Samsonov in my fantasy league

Few of my buds intentionally snagged a bunch of Dallas players at our draft to piss me off. Smart.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Shinjobi posted:

I'm just wondering whose wife Julius Honka slept with

How could he clear waivers

He's the only one that didn't get the 'rona. They did it to protect him.

that or nill is still a loving moron

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

When the gently caress is the season gonna start

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Chaz

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Shoulda traded Maurice.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Holy poo poo if you play lazy for 1 game you get shipped to Manitoba. loving harsh.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

They both got monkey paw'd and roslovic is collateral.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

clean ayers act posted:

https://twitter.com/m_bultman/status/1353084000349401089?s=20
I wonder what's more depressing, reading the road or playing for the Detroit Red Wings

Familiar with Kafka from his time in Ottawa.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

clean ayers act posted:

Red Wings should fire Blashill imo. This is a c/p from 2018. carry on

What's a better coach gonna do w that roster?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Leafs gonna lose to a team coached by the janitorial staff.

E: their own janitorial staff.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Why cant these loving creeps just say woman. You're not cataloguing a new loving species of mammal here, chump.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yeah, Crosby isn't going anywhere.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

If you get serious hit me up with a PM and I'll make you a Ps template to plug in pics and values.

Anyone get their Kenya sweater yet?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Make the black energy cards disrespectful energy.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Old Boys Club

*once played, no new cards my be drawn by either opponent for the remainder of the game*

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol what a loving loser.