Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters
Cautiously optimistic about the Habs this season.
It seems good on paper and from what I've seen and read about in the off-season, but ya never know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters

bub spank posted:

e: at least Galchenyuk is back in

How has Galchenyuk been? Does he still skate awkwardly when dropping speed?
I wouldn't have thought he'd drop down to 4th line duties, I saw a highlight goal of his not too far back as a Sens and thought he was on the rebound.

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters

ThinkTank posted:

I'm thinking Matt Murray might not have been worth $6.25m per.

I've always found him to be a bit overrated.
It seems to me that once he loses confidence, he goes on a downward spiral fast.
When he's on, he'll steal a game or two.

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters

Ginette Reno posted:

Yeah I'd say that is accurate.

I think his strength as a goalie is reading the play. He'll usually be in the right position to make a save. But his body control/glove control are big weaknesses.

I remember the 2nd goal (maybe 3rd) in that 7-1 blowout, he was stuck high due to a broken play, and he was trying to awkwardly move his glove across his body to anticipate where the shot was going when all he had to do is bring it down towards the puck.

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters

The Dirty Burger posted:

I think 7 games is long enough to declare Matt Murray the worst goalie in Sens franchise history. Never has 6’4 man looked so small in net

$6.25mil for 4 years lol

He certainly plays small. I think he will bounce back for a month and then go back to being terrible again.
Bang for buck, he's probably at the worst end of that spectrum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters
Would it be possible to just convert him to a defensively responsible winger position at that point?