Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Can't wait to watch the "best team in Canada" the Edmonton Oilers suck an absolutely huge donkey dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

you guys are all just jealous of all the flames playoff success

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Texier looking fuckin good too

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

holy poo poo this is what it's like to have a good starting goalie

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Koopa Kid posted:

I didn’t know Dallas Eakins was coaching the Canucks

and also, a Canuck PASSES IT TO HIM on this play.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Misanthrope posted:

Is the (nhl level) non roster section of capfriendly strictly for COVID?

Or why is James Neal listed as a non roster player on the Oilers roster?

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/oilers
he was deemed unfit to play. some people say he had covid, and some people say he showed up incredibly out of shape. either way, it rules

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

the best part of all this Canucks poo poo is how much better their off season moves made two of their division rivals that they have to play 20 games against this year. I will never ever get tired of watching the Canucks eat poo poo

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

If the price for PLD is Sean Monahan I will be at the Monahan house packing his fuckin bags within 15 minutes

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Misanthrope posted:

What if it was Gaudreau?

nah. I think Johnny's got another gear still. he needs a centre who can retrieve pucks (ie not any of the current guys on the roster). like, if Sam Bennett was playoff Sam Bennett all the time, that would be perfect. I love my lovely johnny.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

sorry but can we circle back around to Tony Deangelo claiming that "chud" is a slur? the Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

You goddamn kids.
I remember both Gilmour to and from Calgary trades vividly. I read about him coming from STL in a NEWSPAPER and was so excited, because he was my favourite non-Flame at the time and Cliff Fletcher absolutely hosed whoever the Blues GM was. Who cares who it was. That panned out well.

We had TSN by the time he got traded to Toronto in the worst loving trade of all time. I was 13 and I knew it. It should've been annulled it was such robbery. Again, Fletcher did the hosing, but wearing the wrong suit.

I can also remember the Nieuwendyk-Iginla swap and being very very excited. I was living in Kamloops and had seen Jarome play, he even showed up at our church sometimes with his local buddy Ajay Baines. I heard the news on AM Radio and pulled over to find a pay phone (I told you I was old) so I could call my dad and we could celebrate immediately. I had never seen a guy dominate like that, and well, the rest is history (I lived outside his window for 2 decades and fantasized and stole his shoes).

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

when's Nico coming back? I'm dressing Dominik Friggin Kahun in one league because of this.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

lol at Sam Bennett requesting a trade. dude. you're barely holding a spot on the fourth line.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

yeah no way would they tolerate blatant racism in the nhl there's no possibility of that happening no sirree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

OldSenileGuy posted:

I heard something similar

i like this post