Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
I watched the first episode of Years And Years at the beginning of the pandemic. It was great but I could not be less in the mood for
a realistic breakdown/apocalypse-type of scenario being filtered through soap-esque tv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
If only RTD had written a massive book about what a Doctor Who showrunner entails.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Gotta be said though, he has the absolute best one-and-done presence in all of the multi-doctor stories to date. It's hard to top that.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The Suicide Squad is up on HBO Max now and even though Peter Capaldi is kinda underutilized in it he does get one good Doctor-ish speech.

When you gotta have someone speeching at you about the bad poo poo your government is doing, ya gotta get Capaldi!

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Wow! I truly never expected this to happen, especially since it seemed like he was able to do whatever he wanted, project-wise.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Would love it if Jodie stayed an extra year so Russell could write for her, but like I saw someone suggest on twitter: Ben Whishaw seems pretty likely?

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Again, looking at It's A Sin, Years and Years, A British Scandal... they're all so different from one another, it's exciting to think what he could be doing that feels different from his previous Who work.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Davies COULD bring back Tennant for a miniseries or something special, it would be extremely popular, which is something you want, especially relaunching a show.

BUT I don't think he'd pass up launching a new version of the Doctor with a new actor.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
https://twitter.com/boydhilton/status/1441511674863931394

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Jodie Whittaker has finished filming Doctor Who.

https://twitter.com/doctorwhopn/status/1448362647838154763

One has to wonder if it means she has filmed part of a regeneration and therefore, is there a new Doctor already casted?