Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Check out this lucky fucker that's never seen Undergrads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
"Doug's 1st Movie" was a threat and I'm glad America rose up to make sure there wasn't a 2nd

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
As an adult I agree, what the gently caress was with Doug being white while all the other characters were various shades and colors.

"The irrelevance of race" (to a white person, because they are white) that's some bullshit. It really grinds my gears.

Still, I did like all the Beets and music centered episodes.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Caillou was worse than Doug OP

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Evil Bob posted:

As an adult I agree, what the gently caress was with Doug being white while all the other characters were various shades and colors.

"The irrelevance of race" (to a white person, because they are white) that's some bullshit. It really grinds my gears.

Still, I did like all the Beets and music centered episodes.

doug was born of skin heads and his girlfriend was an overcompensating sex freak who's parents suffered a fiery car crash that killed one of them and left the other immobile.
That's cannon. Per Disney.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
theres a BOMB?

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
in the LASAGNA?

the doll got the dasket doll

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i didnt like doug but im not reading all those words op

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Mr. Dink had to have a massive hog

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Shinjobi posted:

Mr. Dink had to have a massive hog

Jelqing, Douglas! Very painful!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Very few 90s kids shows respected kids' intelligence much. Recess maybe was the least bad?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

ikanreed posted:

Very few 90s kids shows respected kids' intelligence much. Recess maybe was the least bad?

Extreme Ghostbusters taught me that light sometimes acts like a particle and sometimes acts like a wave.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Big Beef City posted:

doug was born of skin heads and his girlfriend was an overcompensating sex freak who's parents suffered a fiery car crash that killed one of them and left the other immobile.
That's cannon. Per Disney.

Wait. What?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

This is the hardest I’ve ever laughed at any Doug related thing

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a804147/doug-creator-finally-reveals-whether-he-ended-up-with-patti/

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
lol what a pathetic dipshit

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

jesus

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

:owned:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
lmao

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

What an unbelievable weenie lol

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

ikanreed posted:

Ren and Stimpy

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
doug funny being cucked lmao

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
More like Doug Unfunnie!

Korthal
May 26, 2011

The Walrus posted:

teach me how to doug

Ok

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

ok thats an lol

Snyderman
Feb 23, 2005
Yea Doug pretty much sucks, the OP mostly got it.

Hey Arnold is a pretty decent show that feels like the writers knew how to identify with kids and occasionally touched on some hard topics fairly well: prejudice, poverty, abuse, etc. I still remember a couple of episodes.

Doug is the reflection of a delusional white suburban middle class boomer. Nobody "sees race", and despite Skeeter being coded black you know Doug totally locks his doors when black people walk by and then he probably got redpilled or MGTOWed when he imagined he got friendzoned by Patti.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

What does the max score button do? Does it ruin your high score with wanton use? Is that what the reset pencil jamming thingie is for??

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

How could you, lady. After you let me bear my soul like that?

Hit tv show. Lives in NYC. Remains bitch, can't spell.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What kind of weirdo devotes a section of an interview to talk about the tits of a woman who friendzoned them?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

A white one.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Rocko's Modern Life remains good. As an adult, I find it's portrayal of the soul crushing banality of existence to ring true. Each year I become more like Ed Bighead

Absolutely no one on Earth ever liked Ahhh Real Monsters

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Snyderman posted:

Yea Doug pretty much sucks, the OP mostly got it.

Hey Arnold is a pretty decent show that feels like the writers knew how to identify with kids and occasionally touched on some hard topics fairly well: prejudice, poverty, abuse, etc. I still remember a couple of episodes.

I still remember he ghost train that drove to hell episode. "He drove....as far south as you can go!" "The South Pole?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E21Qzb031Z4

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Please read my treatise on a children’s cartoon.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Tato posted:

Rocko's Modern Life remains good. As an adult, I find it's portrayal of the soul crushing banality of existence to ring true. Each year I become more like Ed Bighead

Absolutely no one on Earth ever liked Ahhh Real Monsters

I was just daydreaming about that Monsters show. I remember the monsters looking pretty unpleasant and the main one having an annoying voice.

I can't recall the setting very well at all--who were the antagonists, just other monsters? Were humans involved at all? I feel like they lived underground or something.

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

I recall Mr. Bone (awesome name) was similarly a wimp in an episode where he underwent surgery for a wart on his pinky or some crap. This caused him to have a mental breakdown and to regress into a child.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Well I eat my sugar cereal,
But it makes my teeth bacterial-ul

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I knew Doug was a cartoon for me when there was an episode where he stayed up all night beating not-Starfox just to be left with a feeling of emptiness.

Also extremely lol that the skin coloring of everyone but the main character is extremely "I can't be racist I'm color blind" crystalized in a 90s cartoon forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Kindergarten Camp posted:

I recall Mr. Bone (awesome name) was similarly a wimp in an episode where he underwent surgery for a wart on his pinky or some crap. This caused him to have a mental breakdown and to regress into a child.

even as a kid what struck me most about the show was the rampant mental illness on display and the casual disregard for it

doug himself was one quailman hallucination away from a mass murder and suicide and the people around him not only approved of his schizophrenic hallucinations, they actively fed into them