Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
They called him "Donkeylips" (wtf) but a more appropriate moniker would have been... "Rapedude"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Wait is there real drama about a thirty year old nick show????

Dude don't play dumb, they had to close the nicktoons forum and it got bad enough that JUST loving SHUT UP ABOUT NICKELODEON ALREADY got filtered to JUST loving SHUT UP ABOUT NICKELODEON ALREADY

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

This is an action that cannot legally be performed on television!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The only episode I can actually remember the plot to for Salute Your Shorts is the one where Donkey Lips and Sponge have to lose/gain weight in order to participate in wrestling. Which they only want to do because wrestlers get a lobster dinner at the end of the season.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

muscles like this! posted:

If you want to talk about Double Dare here's an hour and a half video about the history of the show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGw1ycQkg4o

Nick Knacks is a great series, but the earliest episodes are especially fascinating. A lot of trying to map out what the first years of Nickelodeon were like when there is extremely limited footage out there. Sometimes he'd have to straight-up guess what certain shows were about because there were no recordings.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Wow I can’t believe Doug is a show about rape. Just like the game of thrones

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Tunicate posted:

Dude don't play dumb, they had to close the nicktoons forum and it got bad enough that JUST loving SHUT UP ABOUT NICKELODEON ALREADY got filtered to JUST loving SHUT UP ABOUT NICKELODEON ALREADY
I'm sorry but people deserve to know that the guys from SYS and Hey Dude went on to create a band of former Nickelodeon stars in an attempt to get rehired, which they called Nickleback.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gavok posted:

Nick Knacks is a great series, but the earliest episodes are especially fascinating. A lot of trying to map out what the first years of Nickelodeon were like when there is extremely limited footage out there. Sometimes he'd have to straight-up guess what certain shows were about because there were no recordings.

The episode on "Hangin' In" is interesting because he has like 1 1/2 episodes worth of footage of it (out of 110 episodes produced) and some of it is just because teenage Keanu Reeves guest starred on one episode.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Father Wendigo posted:

I'm sorry but people deserve to know that the guys from SYS and Hey Dude went on to create a band of former Nickelodeon stars in an attempt to get rehired, which they called Nickleback.

You joke but Pinsky did grow up to be in Rilo Kiley with the girl from The Wizard/Troop Beverly Hills.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Here lies Doug.

He never scored.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

You Are A Elf posted:

Here lies Doug.

He never scored.

Not consensually, anyway.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Batterypowered7 posted:

Not consensually, anyway.

HONK! HONK!

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Sgt. Politeness posted:

You joke but Pinsky did grow up to be in Rilo Kiley with the girl from The Wizard/Troop Beverly Hills.

Oh yeah
Okay
Okay wait
Oh my God, Blake
That's what she said
In bed

Holy poo poo, I had no idea it was THAT Blake who also starred in SYS. Who apparently was ALSO on Boy Meets World as Joey the Rat.

For the question of what Nick child star had the most success, I mean--from Pinsky into a fairly successful indie rock band is a step up both in artistic credibility and probably the eyes of the world, right?

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Oops, guess there was no interest whatsoever in that. Thread closed! :newlol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTdwq-4ii2c

Nice video to try close the thread on, I'll give you that.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I watched enough Doug that I can remember plotlines and music and stuff, Salute Your Shorts was totally fine, but that was one of those shows I just watched because I was a kid and it was entertaining enough. Pete and Pete and maybe Clarissa Explains it All are the half-hour live action kid sitcoms that I remember the most.

I don't remember a lot about Welcome Freshemen, except that I distinctly remember thinking that even if it was a lower-budget knockoff, it was way better than Saved by the Bell because it didn't take itself so seriously. Instead of Zack, it was a chubby hawaiian shirt wearing party dude type? Huge improvement already.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Twitch posted:

I watched enough Doug that I can remember plotlines and music and stuff, Salute Your Shorts was totally fine, but that was one of those shows I just watched because I was a kid and it was entertaining enough. Pete and Pete and maybe Clarissa Explains it All are the half-hour live action kid sitcoms that I remember the most.

I don't remember a lot about Welcome Freshemen, except that I distinctly remember thinking that even if it was a lower-budget knockoff, it was way better than Saved by the Bell because it didn't take itself so seriously. Instead of Zack, it was a chubby hawaiian shirt wearing party dude type? Huge improvement already.

Only Welcome Freshmen thing I can remember was the episode where they thought they had some weird space disease from a meteor and had to be quarantined but it turned out to be sewage ejected from an airplane and also the real cause of their sickness was cafeteria yogurt that had gone bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was funny how Welcome Freshmen ended up sticking to the name and casting new students for a second season, keeping the party dude with an excuse as to how he was still a freshman because he missed too much school.

Fake edit: when looking up to see if I remembered it right I leaned that what I thought was season one was actually season two. While season one wasn't actually a sitcom but instead was a sketch comedy show?