Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Bogus Adventure posted:

He was playing THE JOKE MAN!

They left the “Give Rodney a Chance” joke out of the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

what if i told you.....there were actually THREE jokers

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

they figured out that a man dressing up as a bat to fight crime is a bit silly in the 1960s, the prime timeline

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

always bothered me that hiss nose was a different colour

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
They say it several times in the movie, wtf OP

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I am irl lolling harder at the patent absurdity of this thread than anything so far in the new year

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
This is one of those new right wing troll attempts at bending reality to own the libs. Don't believe the lies

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Batman at one point definitely say 'that's the type of mind the Joker attracts'

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Supreme Allah posted:

Batman at one point definitely say 'that's the type of mind the Joker attracts'

I think I would remember saying that.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Joker's old news, Gotham, meet Clowner

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Colonel Cancer posted:

Joker's old news, Gotham, meet Clowner

*saunters up to maggie gylenhall while slicking back hair*

*gets real close*

"Are you down to clown?"

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The joker was playing Heath Ledger.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Aginor posted:

The joker was playing Heath Ledger.

drat.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Heath Ledger stayed in character for the entire duration of shooting. When he brushed his teeth before going to bed, he was the joker. When he watched TV in his hotel room, he did it as the joker. When he woke up sleepy and got coffee, he pretended he was the joker.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
You could compare his turds from before, after and during his time as the Joker, and there was a chemical and visible physical difference to them.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I'm (never explicitly referred to as) da Joker, baby!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Halloween Liker posted:

You could compare his turds from before, after and during his time as the Joker, and there was a chemical and visible physical difference to them.

Your avatar game = 100%

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I think we can all agree that whatever the merits of Heath’s jokester character, Jared knocked it out of the park

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I'm pretty sure the original backstory to the joker is he was pushed into a vat of acid or something by batman, so I refuse to accept any character that isn't horribly disfigured and half dead as the joker. I demand a joker uglier than me!

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Detective Comics #168 (1951) introduced the Joker's first origin story as Red Hood: a criminal who, during his final heist, vanishes after leaping into a vat of chemicals to escape Batman. His resulting disfigurement led him to adopt the name "Joker", from the playing card figure he came to resemble.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

"do I look like I'm joking? of course I do. i'm the dang joker!"

-christopher nolan's heath ledger's the joker

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I have called this movie Batman: The Joker for 10+ years so now I always have to ask people to clarify whether they mean this one or the more recent one with the same title

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

the character he plays in the dark knight is never refered to as the joker

He was referred to as the joker actually.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Mr. Ledger is away for the moment and until he (snicker) resurfaces, I'm da Joker, baby. And I say starting with this festival, we run da joke into da ground.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

phasmid posted:

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Mr. Ledger is away for the moment and until he (snicker) resurfaces, I'm da Joker, baby. And I say starting with this festival, we run da joke into da ground.

no

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Pictured: the exact moment when Heath Ledger, in fact, became the Joker-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2_oFE9ovNk

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Heath Ledger was alive until he was dead. This really upset a lot of people.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mark Hamil was the best Joker he made the laugh go like "eh HEHeheheheheh" and it scared the bat.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

rip heathcliffe ledger a dingo bit off his pecker and he bled out

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
It sounds like his parents tried to name him Keith and hosed up

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
When he was a young child Heath Ledger had an invisible friend that he called The Joke Man. When he got the role as The Joker he finally recognized The Joke Man was him all along.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't know what role Heath Ledger played in this but breaking news this morning is that Dustin Diamond AKA Screech in Saved By The Bell has stage 4 cancer and is going to die like the poo poo bitch he is so please offer your thoughts and prayers up for his hot nude body.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Stage cancer is what all stage comedians have

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Beef City posted:

I don't know what role Heath Ledger played in this but breaking news this morning is that Dustin Diamond AKA Screech in Saved By The Bell has stage 4 cancer and is going to die like the poo poo bitch he is so please offer your thoughts and prayers up for his hot nude body.

I hope the cancer is in his weird little dick.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
fun fact: the candy currently known as Heath bars used to be called Toffee Tasters. They were Heath ledger’s favorite candy, so Hershey renamed the confection in 2008 in honor of the late actor

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

quote:

A heath (/ˈhiːθ/) is a shrubland habitat found mainly on free-draining infertile, acidic soils and characterised by open, low-growing woody vegetation. 

In a world where it's possible to name your son Max, Victor or Jesus they went with this lmao

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Geef

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
It's a soft J sound.
Yoker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Chechen: Yoker man, what you do with all your maaahneeey?

The Jokester: *holds lighter to buttcheeks, prepares to fart on money pile*

Chechen: wawaaweewa