Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

John Lithgow should play The Judge from Blood Meridian in a movie adaptation.
I realized this the other day while watching his famous documentary "3rd rock from the sun" and he was casually abusing his actor son on-camera for my benefit.

(Leon from 3rd rock is his irl kid)

He's a very fun actor to watch and I can't imagine anybody else but him or maybe Lawrence Tierney to play the judge properly. Maybe Bane could do it too, idk.

Also Sam Rockwell would play Toadvine.

Also 3rd rock from the sun is pretty funny even 20 years later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

One time I found a really neat fanart picture of the judge talking to the 3 weird mexicans and now I can't find it

Blueshirt posted:

There should not be a movie adaptation of Blood Meridian because although the book is excellent the actual events in the book are just endless gunfights and eating of blackened tortillas.

i mean i want to agree but i also want to watch john lithgow yell in church, so im torn

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

*dick solomon voice*

piss for your lives, boys!!!! for your liiiiiiiiivvvvveeeessss!!!!!!!!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

General Dog posted:

What about a Blood Meridian adaptation starring the cast of Jackass

johnny knoxville can be in it, sure

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

who would the kid be

also john lithgow

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

GolfHole posted:

One time I found a really neat fanart picture of the judge talking to the 3 weird mexicans and now I can't find it

i found it

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

phasmid posted:

He should be a cartoon, OP.

yea maybe

like this judge dredd cartoon that didnt get made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRLlICw1UWk

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

tom hanks: "ill do it"

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

quentin tarantino presents: samuel l jackson as judge mothefuckin holden

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Supreme Allah posted:

I told you Kane, he's a 7 foot tall muscly bald weirdo baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnJg17sZXjU

yea ok

also maybe walter goggins can play the kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's my favorite too

What 3 weird mexicans

there's a part where they're in the badlands somewhere and they see 3 (maybe 4, i cant remember) mexicans riding

ones on a donkey, ones wearing an old spanish uniform, ones in a crimson gown of some sort

i seem to recall them being described as ghostly

the judge rode ahead and greeted them in spanish and they talked like old friends

but i havent read it in a while so maybe i am misremembering

thats why this picture exists i think but idk