Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ooh that's a really good idea, I suspect the defroster on my Fit did not work but eventually remembered to bring a multimeter and measure the 12v across the terminals. It still doesn't seem to actually do anything so I'll this a try.

Congrats on the poo poo box OP, cool Subaru. I also considered it but eventually passes as I was worried the boxer would poo poo itself somehow and I wouldn't want to pull the engine in the driveway during the winter.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jan 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Voltage posted:

Well gently caress me, I've put anti seize on the spark plugs of the last ~12 cars I've had - whoops! I had no idea they were coated, but is it all brands or just NGK? I anti seize the poo poo out of most poo poo thats exposed (northeast lol) but I guess it wouldn't matter as much on plugs?

I think the only potential issue really is possibly over-torquing them so if you don't go too crazy it should be fine. I still sometimes run into conflictig instructions or advice so it's a bit confusing.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Quote isn't edit but since I already wasted a post

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm firmly in the clean and dry camp now.

Ben Shapiro, that you?