Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
happy fatherís day yosdaddes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
dadís cooking breakfast as per usual

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I got up at 10AM :c00l:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I got up at 10AM :c00l:
our mogwai (aka mini logins) woke us up at 7, albeit with two fd cards for me (one in english one in french, sheís a french immersion student)

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

our mogwai (aka mini logins) woke us up at 7, albeit with two fd cards for me (one in english one in french, she’s a french immersion student)

See we take it in turns to do the "wake-up then fall asleep on the sofa" thing. neither of us are morning people so this way at least one of us gets some sleep

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

See we take it in turns to do the "wake-up then fall asleep on the sofa" thing. neither of us are morning people so this way at least one of us gets some sleep
i am the morning person who is nonetheless kept up by my night owl wife per the below:

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
happy fatherís day yospops!

I got a rug covered in toddler pee. Business as usual.

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

today my 20-month old finally climbed the ladder to the slide by herself

in can't tell if i'm proud or if it's just my knees and back who are happy

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

happy fathers day other yosdads

i got eggs and hashbrowns for breakfast
going to grill burgers for dinner

son got me a new bike bag that I picked out and paid for

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I got breakfast in bed and a nice card from my daughter but eating in bed is kind of a pain in the rear end. My green and red chile omlette and english muffin were divine though.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

usually i take that duty when required because the wife has more trouble with it

but she in turn gives me more sleep in while she gives the little guy breakfast so i can get an extra 30-60 minutes sleep in return

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

i am the morning person who is nonetheless kept up by my night owl wife per the below:

Why would you not speak up? goddamn.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D42rBvCVK8A

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
just got this from my kids dentist

quote:

Dear Parents,
I became aware over the weekend of a class action lawsuit against Illuminati Labs, the maker of Risewell toothpaste. Allegations are that the toothpaste contains high levels of PFAS, or "forever chemicals". Risewell toothpaste is a favorite among many who prefer a more natural toothpaste. Although the allegations need to be proven in a court of law, there is lab testing that confirms the presence of these chemicals in high amounts. No amount of PFAS is safe.
For those preferring a more natural toothpaste with remineralizing properties and safe ingredients, I recommend Wellnesse toothpaste. We will hopefully be stocking it in the office but in the meantime you can buy it directly from Wellnesse as well as on Amazon.

Illuminati labs toothpaste? lmao

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lj uses crest kids, i think

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

"a more natural toothpaste"? that definitely means fluoride free doesn't it

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I got some nice cards from the girls and my wife, and my elder kid and I had a great chat about post-secondary education and then we went and saw Furiosa in the theatre

younger kid is with her bio dad for Fatherís Day as per usual

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
oh ya Fatherís Day was excellent. had a dad pal over with his kid and grilled some burgs. my kid wanted to get me a record so my partner picked it out, bleed American by jimmy eat world and itís my favorite so best gift ever

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

fantastic dad album, could not be better

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Kiddo this morning:

"Toes make the toe bay!"

"What's a toe bay?"

" It's a thing that makes toes! And then the toes make toe bays! And then they fly up in the air!"

"OK, so the toe bays make toes, and the toes make toe bays, and they keep on making each other forever?"

"Yeah! And the toes get smaller and smaller!"

My 3YO has figured out recursion. In a way that incorporates visceral body horror.

:3:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

done correctly, all recursion involves body horror

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my 5yo was chatting instead of sleeping, and then she suddenly popped up and was like "daddy, i have a question" and i was like what's up babe

and she was like knockknock

and i was like kiddo this is a joke, not a question

and she countered with "but daddy most jokes are questions, so it's both"

getting destroyed in a debate by a 5 year old is a brutal wakeup call, folks

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

yeah but knock knock jokes aren't

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

The Fool posted:

yeah but knock knock jokes aren't
ďtheyíre not called Ďwhoís there?í jokes, girl. you lose. go to bed.Ē

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

"who's there?"
"What? Who?"
"Knock knock that's who!" *Punches u in the dick*

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

we are at hospital waiting for babby :toot:

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

hope it arrives without delay

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

exciting! thinking happy, comfortable thoughts for you and yours

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

itís gonna be great, congrats!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

we have a healthy ginger babby boy :toot:

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

spicy!

bicycle
Oct 23, 2013
Congratulations!

I hope all went well!

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Congrats!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

thanks folks! there was a scary moment from a placental abruption and the nurses in triage were being shitheads about keeping us even though my wife had been contracting every 3-5min for 5 hours by the time we got in. we had to basically tell them we werenít leaving and pull a favour; good thing we did, or else we could have had some serious issues

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

congrats dad!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

went away for a couple of days with various bits of family, evening 1 she was sliding down the [sreeprnthan at home] stairs which I told her to stop so she did some sort of weird "try and stand up with legs crossed" thing and just fell straight down the stairs, pinged off the wall and went into a flailing roll.

absolutely fine, three hours later she's back to loving around on the stairs again like nothing happend and no lesson has been learned.

I was not particularly happy with this sequence of events

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ngl folks, idk how people are having their first kids at 35 and surviving it. we just did this song and dance two years ago and I am wildly more tired than I was then, and Iím 33

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

ngl folks, idk how people are having their first kids at 35 and surviving it. we just did this song and dance two years ago and I am wildly more tired than I was then, and Iím 33

I was almost 36 when mine was born and 4 years later Iím actually more healthy and energetic than ever. I mean part of the reason is an energetic kid I gotta keep up but itís totally doable.

I do nap a lot tho

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

my secret of having my first kid at 34 was stopping there. one and done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

same but 32. all my other children are or will be dogs.