Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
kid update: turns out a lot of the fussiness and gas and colic goes away when she gets straight boob milk from the tap. she was down for two four hour stretches last night, I slept so much it ruled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

have you tried a hypoallergenic formula? they make lactose free ones that can help with the gassy colic

yeah, it didn’t seem to make much of a diff

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

RokosCockatrice posted:

Honest question for people with older kids- do you teach your kids about having game? An early scene in into the spiderverse where the uncle sits the main character down and says "this is how you talk to girls" was funny but also something 15 year old me could have really benefited from.

while this thread is full of people who have verifiably had sex, it’s probably not the one to get tips on how to talk to girls in

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

wow mr. seinfeld it’s an honor to have you on the forums

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

glad that our baby has decided her daily meltdown will run for about 2 to 3 hours anywhere between midnight and four am, really easy to schedule around

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i mean I assume teeth work the same way for everything with teeth

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i just slept for five hours straight for the first time in like two months and boy I feel fantastic

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i can’t imagine flying with young kids right now

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

we didn’t get any of the birth classes stuff cuz covid. I was expecting a lot more tbh, they kinda just shuffled us out of the hospital with a cpr class and making sure we knew how to put her in the car seat

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

also Jesus Christ where do babies keep all this poop, just had a diaper full of liquid poo poo the approximate color and consistency of Mississippi delta mud

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

you didn’t at least get linked a bunch of videos to watch?

nope, maybe my wife did and didn’t bother sharing them with me

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

when we were hanging out in the nicu we'd listen to the nurses prep the other parents to see their kids and the most :stonk: one was when they had to get some people ready to see their kid with an IV line into the head for glucose

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

having a baby that needs medical procedures done is pretty great if you like to inflict trauma onto people though. we took kiddo to get some blood drawn (they couldn't do a heelprick due to volume required, had to be a vein draw) and when the phlebotomist realizes we're there to get the baby drawn the color drains from his face.

we've been advised to specifically ask for pediatric nurses in the future.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

my wife's epidural for c-section went ok but they had to do an arterial line to monitor her bp because she has some valve problem, anyway, I was trying to keep her mind off the dudes putting the line in and I noticed they loving missed on the first go-round and oh boy there was a lot of blood all of a sudden.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

kid's doing pretty good. we got a referral to early intervention stuff and they did an assessment, said her cognitive stuff is fine, bit of a delay on motor skills tho so we get like six months of in-home baby physical therapy, score.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

didn't have the heart to tell them that she probably face planted when they put her on her tummy because she spent most of last night screaming rather than sleeping

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

the only thing I really recall from the actual c-section was that the doctors spent 90% of the time complaining about how they just changed over to epic from whatever their old EMR was and it struck me as hilarious that jobs are jobs at the end of the day

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Kenny Logins posted:

gently caress nextdoorigins gently caress

nextdoorigans sounds like a really racist children’s television show

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

you could put a gun to my head and I would not have another child, I literally can’t think of a time in my life I’ve been more miserable on a day to day basis than dealing with one baby

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

6 months is a long time away

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

personally I’d probably be handling all of this better if our little monster decided to have her meltdowns during the day rather than in the evenings.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

she’s very cute when she’s not an absolute terror, so there’s that at least

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

her new favorite noise is screeching like a pterodactyl

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

it’s funny to watch the cat btfo when she does it

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

these anecdotes all seem much more tolerable than banshee mode from 8 to ~midnight

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

you want fun, we're scarring phlebotomists right and left by having to get veinous blood draws on a 2.5 month old

after they spent like 3 minutes trying to get a vein today they finally listened and paged a pediatrics nurse who got it in like 30 seconds, way to go team

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

the end is in sight for the supplemental oxygen for babby, gonna trial her off it during waking hours this week then schedule an overnight test on Friday, if she stays good all night then we’re free from the monitor and o2

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

holy poo poo nannies are expensive, now I know why people pay under the table for this poo poo

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i hear getting an au pair can be cheaper but you've gotta have a spare room and be comfortable with a 19 year old dumbass who probably doesn't speak good english caring for your kids and living with you

yeah…

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Shaman Linavi posted:

in the hospital now about to join the yospos parents group

welcome

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

we’re looking at like 4k a month for a nanny (specifically one that has worked with infants and is looking for a multi-year arrangement) which is, frankly, nuts. but it’d be extremely bad to send the kid to a daycare given her respiratory stuff, even without covid to deal with.

I can see why a lot of women quit to take care of babies though, the cost for this poo poo is really nuts. we’re both puter touchers so we can find the cash for it, but idkwtf other people do

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

highly recommend giving your child a gender neutral but coded as opposite sex name so people call them the wrong thing or try to spell it in a feminized fashion

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

President Beep posted:

cool cool. still getting over lingering rsv and now hand foot and mouth. gently caress!!!!

this is if nothing else really making me glad we’re getting a nanny

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

we finally bit the bullet and used one of those gas relief butt straw things last night and i have never seen a kid poo poo so fast

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

coxasckievirus is a fun word

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

babby had her sleep test last night and seemed to do very well, this is the first time in her life she’s gone 24 hours without supplemental oxygen.

much easier to handle a babby when they aren’t strapped to a pulse ox/hrm and nose cannula

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

this kid fights sleep like it owes her money

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

we have the happiest baby swaddle and it’s about the only one that actually works reliably, but she still fights it. looks like you’ve got her in a baby straightjacket though

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

ours has started to really develop a preference for mom to the point where she’ll be chilling out with me as long as mom isn’t in the room or she doesn’t hear her, but the second she’s in LoS it’s max strength party time until mom holds her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

kiddo is officially off the oxygen, passed her sleep test with flying colors :unsmith: