Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

the night before last, newbie let us sleep for five hours straight, and is now repaying the favour by cluster feeding every hour around the clock since yesterday at 1700 lol

do not have kids around the holidays, getting her into the paediatrician has been a complete nightmare, and when we took her to the after hours yesterday after calling to confirm that they were open at 11a for the holiday whoops! they don’t actually open until 6 because it’s not actually a holiday, and also would your newborn enjoy a case of RSV? that’s all who’s going to be waiting with you

idk about elsewhere but our pediatrician has been scheduling things so there’s nobody in the waiting room, you get in and are immediately shuffled off into an exam room to wait.

although it’s probably dire if you go to the urgent care rather than a pediatric clinic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Eeyo posted:

ok my wife is finally back from the hospital at least. just crossing my fingers that her bp stays low enough.

gonna lose a lot of sleep when the boy graduates from the nicu. do they really just let you take infants home? that seems like it should be illegal, i feel like i don’t know enough yet.

it’s hosed up yeah

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

we pay our house cleaner about $40/hr and our nanny like $25/hr but the former is here 3 hours every 2 weeks and the latter has guaranteed 40 hours a week so

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

ours is turbo hell but I think we’re nearing the end. drooly rear end kid tho, it’s tapered off a bit in the last couple of weeks but we can see canines cutting through and she’s getting irrationally grumpy

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

on the upside, her genetics came back and she’s got normal chromosomes and dna so that’s good

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

ugga mugga

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i stg how does this kid get colds when she hardly ever leaves the house?

how do I somehow get a worse version of the colds she gets, at that?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

oh I had always wondered where kids got the whole “collapse on the floor in rage when you try to get them to stop doing something they shouldn’t do” and figured it was a socialized behavior but nah, kiddos figured that one out all on her own.

tantrums rule, can’t wait for her to get even bigger!!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

ours is obsessed with books. she’ll pick one up and find you and smack you in the leg with it until you read it to her.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

babyfrida makes a nail clipper that’s pretty safe for em. we tried the electric one but she hated the noise

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

can’t believe this little poo poo is turning 2 years old

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

also a very merry gently caress you to my brother in law who sent a giant outdoor playhouse for kiddos birthday present

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

one of my coworkers had the skull helmet for their kid, it was cute, the mom put the kids name on it in sparkly letters

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

YouTube Kids lets you allowlist and has no ads (maybe only if you have YT Premium?)

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Achmed Jones posted:

LJ liked pinky and the brain but all the weirdo 90s political jokes really brought it down

bet those bill clinton jokes will absolutely slay on the playground tho

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Eeyo posted:

fed my guy some peanut butter in his oatmeal and he fuckin loved that poo poo. like kicking around and shoving his face towards the spoon to get more.

did you guys try the whole "baby led weaning" thing? i've been reading some about it and idk there's like a weird vibe about it i can't really place. we're just spoon-feeding our boy for now, not sure if any of the stuff i cook would work at all for a kid.

we did. she refuses to eat anything but Dino nuggets most days.

(specifically the kind with the hidden veggies, she won’t eat normal chicken nuggets)

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

honestly I’m just hoping that it did something because the kiddo really loved a lot of what we ate (curries, avocado toast, whatever) and she’s firmly in a picky as hell phase

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

ours spent like 4 weeks in nicu because she kept having o2 problems when she’d get into the car seat

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Achmed Jones posted:

tbh sounds like she's getting overtired. put her down earlier, or at least start the routine earlier so that the hard parts are already finished

nth. ours is dropping midday naps and starts to go sicko mode around 7 on the dot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

somehow*, norovirus returned

*children are disease factories