Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Can I post here yet we got a c section scheduled in 2.5 weeks and this chunk is already 8 lbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

it was one of the most brutal things I’ve had to do and I’m still somewhat burned out from it, but now I have a great relationship with my kids and solidified my desire to never go to an office again

the last four weeks off have been tremendous for the burnout issue, but also showed me my wife has it way harder considering she’s scaled her hospital hours down and took over most of the house stuff

keeping a house up is a fuckload of work if both of you are picky about how straightened and clean it is, and it’s legit harder than my real job

Pay for a person to come clean your house its so much easier. I was getting extra bitchy about our house because im a huge clean freak but loving when do you have time/energy to clean, just accepting the expense has made everyone happier.

My biggest complaints these two huge loving dogs but they're so fluffy :3:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
We just had all most of our 1 year shots and it was a nothing burger thank god. Pediatrician splits the shots a few months apart because she thinks its excessive and I guess i agree?? Got the last 2 (or 3?) in a few months

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

like I’d rather take the psychic damage than exploit some lady making minimum wage, but also if she’s getting a fair wage it’d be expensive unless she can clean this place top to bottom in like three or four hours lol

I mean its only exploitation if you are not paying a fair wage? Also they just do the basic poo poo which sounds overpriced but it gives so much piece of mind, our lady is out once a month and finishes in half a day but even that is a huge mental relief. Frees my mind/wallet to deep clean random poo poo without being stressed about spending two hours vacuuming all the time

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I guess how much is a fair wage? I’m assuming this is like $300/visit, but maybe I’m just attaching too high of a price to something I’ve always associated with “rich people do this”

obv usd in Cali or nyc or something goes less far than usd in Detroit but I can’t imagine it’d be affordable

$40 / hr seems to be average around here for "professionals", ofc it probably varies quite a lot.

$300 would probably be the cost for a deep clean.

Its not an insignificant amount of money but again, if your a clean freak and you have a small child its so worth it. i guess it depends on how well you can handle it, i was getting super bitchy

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
We use a bulb sucker and have never had a problem, maybe our kids less snotty :shrug:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I literally cannot wait until my daughter is old enough to skate. she already knows what they are and I've zoomed her around in the pram a few times

she's gonna be so much better than me because she won't have started in her 30s when you've got an actual fear of breaking bones

To be fair childrens bones and joints are rubber

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Oh god are molars bad?

Our little one got her first two teeth ez and it has been "turbo hell" since

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
God im a salty bitch this morning, no sleep cause little one was just screaming incoherently all night, couldn't keep her asleep. This morning shes grabbing poo poo she knows she aint supposed to off a table flat footed when im pretty sure she had to stretch on tip toes last night the gently caress lol

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Thankfully ours likes the taste and 95% of the time happily takes meds. Sometimes you gotta do the fire hose and hope for the best though.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

echinopsis posted:

the skull of a teething baby

cool just want all the parents want to see in the parent thread, horrifying skulls of children

:chloe:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Kenny Logins posted:

on the one hand i feel you even for a plaster cast or 3d fab

otoh this kind of thing is below table stakes if you're in the delivery room

I don't know what you're talking about i was doing a very good job looking at everything but the bloody mess coming out of my wife :downs:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Accept everything and regift what you dont need.

Baby poo poo is so drat expensive for something that gets 2 months of use (if ur lucky). We have been getting and giving like a huge tote of baby clothes every couple months.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
ive been making a point to watch older (the classics) disney movies with my toddler and they captivate her so much more than modern kids stuff with cgi, i dunno if its the art style or all the songs or what

We watched alice in wonderland last night and holy poo poo this movie is weirder than anyone remembers.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Check out the PBS kids app PBS has a bunch of good wholesome shows i dont hate my self watching with her and generally have good messages and hold her attention. I couldnt imagine just picking poo poo at random off netflix or youtube.

Rosies Rules and the Alaskan one are cute, and Daniel Tiger is always a hit (its the spiritual successor to Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, which is obvious but I didn't notice it until several episodes in).

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
I have no idea what roblox is beyond the video game essay sound. Old status.... achieved...?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

polyester concept posted:

my 8 yr old beat the first dark souls boss on his 3rd try. :darksouls:

trip report when hes beaten capra demon :smuggo:

hell ya little dude!

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

polyester concept posted:

lol

he is having a real hard time in the undead parish. the difficulty really amps up compared to the intro area and it feels like there is a long gap between bonfires - you gotta deal with the poison rats, several knight guys, and avoid the armored pig, all before you get to the next bonfire, nevermind the blacksmith to upgrade your weapon.

i told him about being able to shoot off the tail of the dragon and he found the crossbow, but ran out of bolts. he killed the npc that sells them too, lol. sorry bud, no takesies-backsies

Lol im pretty sure i accidentally did this my first play through too

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
I drink coffee every day? :raise:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Buy them some concert specific ear plugs and show them live concerts where all the musicians are wearing plugs maybe? My kids to young to have that problem yet but i use these and they're great

https://www.amazon.com/Etymotic-Hig...9790257&sr=8-16

edit: oh didn't see you work in the industry

Mr. Crow fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 26, 2023

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Eeyo posted:

whew back from the hospital. it was so sad right after his surgery, he was all confused and disorganized. just crying for milk but he couldn’t take it down because of the anesthesia still wearing off. had to stay for 12hrs of observation too. but at least he doesn’t have a hernia anymore.

Glad to hear everything worked out.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
I'd be looking at lawyers tomorrow, personally, because that sounds like some bullshit.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Are there still formula shortages the only thing that saved us from that bs was bc we were on hypoallergenic formula which was always in stock

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
my 16 month old has had 5 teeth cutting for the past 3? weeks and im so loving done with this. just come out already!!!

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

jeebus bob posted:

My oldest "broke" his leg (bones so soft the x-ray looked like the bendy part of a straw) and the ER put a half cast on it with instructions that he not put any weight on it for four weeks.

I told them he *just* learned how to walk, there's no way I can keep him off it and sure enough the very next morning it just snapped. Fortunately he wasn’t further hurt but we could've done without the extra three hours at a different ER to get a real cast put on. He chose a purple one :)

:sympathy:

thats terrible sorry to hear that

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Eeyo posted:

i wonder where i'm going to end up on the expensive toy spectrum. i'm mostly an anti-consumer so my instinct is to just throw cardboard boxes at the lil dude and maybe a lego set occasionally when he's old enough. but perhaps he will break my will.

you cave and buy an expensive toy and they love it for a day then go back to the cardboard. repeat every 2-3 months

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Godspeed :patriot:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

kitten emergency posted:

ours is obsessed with books. she’ll pick one up and find you and smack you in the leg with it until you read it to her.

This is ours except she hands it to you and you have to read jt silently while she reads her own book. She starts yelling at you if you attempt to read it out loud or dont turn the pages often enough

:3:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
another all nighter boy i love teething :shepicide:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

cowboy beepboop posted:

why do mental breakthroughs in babies have to come with such bad sleep :qq: but my daughter started sort of saying words this morning ie butter more yum yum

Neurons and nerves are firing like crazy building new pathways

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
our daughter has been, at the end of bedtime routine, point to her crib and tucking herself in and passing out all by herself while we just sit in the chair across the room. its so cute and so nice to not try and get her in the crib without waking her up

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

my lab only barks at people out of my office window when he’s in there with me when in working. he also lays in until about 11a and then groggily comes downstairs every morning to ask me or one of the kids to give him his brekkie :3:

King

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
our friends did, they work? but talk to your doctor dont just put a helmet on them

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
i dont think the kid cared at all but kids will hate something till you do it a couple times then hate it if they DON'T have something. they were definitely cute though despite fears of it being unusual or whatever.

our girl would lose it and throw a fit if she went outside with a hat on and it was a battle to keep it on now she does the opposite and wont go outside without a hat, even for like a few minutes. she pats her head and grunts as a sign she wants to go outside now :3:

Mr. Crow fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 10, 2023

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
being a dad was literally the opposite experience for me now i just dont even give a poo poo about anything. confidence levels through the roof!!

ya my daughter is covered in poo poo and trying to wriggle out of my arms while screaming, im working on it, sorry about your steak dinner, but deal with it i got bigger problems

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
venting but is there anything worse than parents ignoring their shithead kids in public spaces? some jackass 7-10 y/o decided it was cool to "help" my 18 mo old up the stairs at the park by just grabbing her from behind heimlich style. my wife was nearby but to shell shocked or embarrassed to say anything the first flight, i had to run across the park and physically grab my daughter out of his arms before he could make it up the second flight (because he was convinced "i can do it its ok")

Jfc, never did see who his parents were

Mr. Crow fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 26, 2023

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
i have a zero turn mower with a big old open chute by the blades for mulching that also tomahawks anything and everything and my wife refuses to walk towards me from any other direction but directly into the line of fire i am constantly trying to tell her to stop and go around

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Shifty Pony posted:

no, it is not that one.

tw: another nightmare to have as a parent
it is either the parents mowing the lawn thinking they know exactly where their kid is but turns out that kids can move or trip, or parents letting a tween/teen kid mow the lawn but the kid isn't strong enough to easily maneuver the lawnmower and the mower slips back onto them. this leads to foot and hand mutilations that in the best cases require repeated surgeries and constant physical therapy as the body continues to grow.

This seems extremely unlikely to happen, the issue is rocks etc being tomahawked. How does a lawn mower "slip back onto you" outside of some freak thing?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

pseudorandom name posted:

hills and other slopes

must be a lot of mowers without safety bars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
i was curious and looked up if there were any studies on this topic, https://www.americanjournalofsurgery.com/article/S0002-9610(16)30006-X/fulltext

quote:

The estimated national incidence of lawnmower-related injuries (LMI) is 9,351per year (10.6 LMI per 100,000 children per year; based on the 2010 US Census data). This incidence has remained unchanged for over 2 decades.

The most commonly injured body regions were the hand and/or finger (30.1%), followed by lower extremity (16.8%), and face and/or eye (14.0%).

The leading types of LMIs were laceration (32.9%), followed by soft tissue injury (22.9%), and burn (13.5%).

Amputations (RR: 11.5; 95% CI: 11.00 to 12.10; P < .0001) and fractures (RR: 2.82; 95% CI: 2.64 to 3.00; P < .0001) had the greatest risk of requiring hospitalization.

with this new knowledge i am in agreement, abolish lawns. we must protect these kids.