Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

i am not happy, and i know it. i will not be clapping my hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Kiddo has a "squishmallow" i got at ALDI and my neice has informed me that it's apparently rare. It looks like a corgi and is very soft. I have no complaints with the toy.

Relatedly, my ex got our kid a build-a-bear with a voice clip of said ex singing. I have some notes with this one.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Peppa Pig is verboten in my home, we have one book about how good the dad pig is and I even avoid it. i cannot tolerate the voices or the horrible faces.

Shows I recommend:

Gabby's Dollhouse - cat-themed show, mostly a cartoon but with a live action intro - it's very Blue's Clues and vaguely educational. Good music, I rate Spa Science.

True - "And the Rainbow Kingdom" is the main series but there's a few. Girl and her cat and her ninja friend use magic wishes to solve environmental or personal issues. The animation is ludicrously gorgeous.

There's a decent chunk of both on netflix. Neither are annoying to listen to.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

my kiddo has done like 1 angry flop ever and I laughed at it and she cheered up. when she sees other kids pitching a fit at the shops or whatever, she kinda glares at them like "you make us all look like poo poo". weird kid but i approve

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

just learnt about Rudolph Steiner ... i had no idea

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

You know Steiner schools? They're called Waldorf schools overseas. Kinda montessori adjacent teachings.

Steiner was an occultist with Nazi/KKK level racism. He believed in racial purity, atlantis and clairvoyance.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

don’t take this away from me

doesn’t always happen

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It gets cold in sydney and kiddo refuses to wear a jumper or outer layer of any type, because it makes her "look fat". She is 5 and between my ex and I we have no idea where it has come from. I would never and my ex has become a cartoonishly woke person who would never say the word "fat" in front of another person.

My solution was to go to a department store and buy the thickest dress and paired leggings. It's pink/purple checkerboard and she insists on wearing them matched. Looks like a cheap extra for alice in wonderland, is near to adequately warm.

Kids are weird

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Eeyo posted:

ouch yeah poor kid. hopefully she can work past that, but it’s got to be hard when they’re kids.

my wife’s mother used to comment on my wife’s weight sometimes, which is hilarious because she’s pretty skinny. her stomach pokes out a little because of her posture from cerebral palsy so it just looks slightly bigger than another woman of the same build.

after my wife gave birth her mom said she still looked pregnant and drat that’s just not it.

I figure it came from daycare (some of the kids are grubs) but it's hard to say. Pretty much everyone in my family is built like a street sign, she's the same, it's just a nuts thing to say, particularly for a 5 year old

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

kids are fun, babies are demons sent from hell to punish you via sleep deprivation and noise torture

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

THAT BEING SAID all of my kids were sleeping through the night by 8 weeks

my deepest gently caress you

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

repeat after me: "oh, do you not provide safety measures? that's troubling."

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

protecting your soft underbellies is a key tactic no one warns you about

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

getting zandatsu’d by a toddler is a rite of passage

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

MrQueasy posted:

drat, why you gotta be such a rat nut all the time tho?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

mini echi gets an account even sooner

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

When my kid was tiny tiny and slept a lot, i watched Special Ops Mission and Altered Carbon S1 with her on my lap. Her tastes are now mostly unicorn and princess focused, and I have to say, disappointed at this regression.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

mine has a bluey magazine my mum bought her when we moved back in, it’s 2 years old and tattered beyond reason. It remains in high rotation. lots of activities and simple comic stuff, very easy and motivating to learn to read. the books are the same but more narrative. whatever works

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

lmao

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

big a achievements on this page

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

babies are so dumb; even when tired they might not know to shut their eyes to sleep so maybe em a little break

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

food

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

pretty sure that’s truancy in Aus as well. my bosses took their kids to eu a bunch and the school were bigmad lol

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I presume that when there is no one under 15 in my life i'll buy non-ikea furniture. Until then, gimme that swedish cardboard.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

5yo’s favourite song is Shake It Off by T. Swift. I don’t like it, but at least it’s a song. she also likes Kingslayer and Heavy Metal by BMTH.

had to have a quick chat explaining that swearing is OK in songs, but that’s not purchase to write songs for the express purpose of swearing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

i am not with my kids other parent, so I get some very sincere and weighty threats to dob me in for not acquiescing to the whims of a six year old lol