Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

Poopernickel posted:

I just wish I hadn't waited until I was in my mid thirties to do it

why's that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

Poopernickel posted:

The pregnancy was harder on my wife, and we're behaving trouble getting a second one to stick. The risk of birth defects is statistically higher. But we want our son to have a sibling to grow up with.

Also I'll be in my 50s before my kid goes to college, and probably in my sixties before I ever see a grandkid. I could be dead before I ever see a great grandkid.

Plus I'm the oldest in a bunch of parent-group situations.

Also I like having my kid, it's fun and rewarding - why not start something good as early as possible

ah, sorry to hear about those troubles. my “have a kid” plan is currently early to mid 30s which is why I asked. I have trouble seeing having the money / stability before then at any rate

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

might be a hot take, but I don’t think teaching your kids grammar is bourgeoise

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

evil_bunnY posted:

nobody's being that obtuse but you friendo

hmm, I think that’s true

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

even as a non-religious person I appreciate some of my religious upbringing for giving me background and context into the lives of a large group of people I would otherwise not have

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

evil_bunnY posted:

That's what you loving get for getting together in huge unmasked groups TBH. Have no idea how it's still a thing, last year *everyone* I knew who got together in large groups got some people infected with *something*, and a colleague's parent spent days in the hospital. If you (not you personally) can't be safe stop loving congregating.

shut up ya big baby

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

it's your duty as a parent to talk to your child about deez

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

:same: I wanted a poppin guild page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my homie dhall