Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

President Beep posted:

the whole “seen” vs. “saw” thing is 100% arbitrary

one is the (irregular) past tense and the other is the perfect participle of “to see” you dirty uneducated poor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

President Beep posted:

turn your dual monitors on

:batuka:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

kitten emergency posted:

kiddo has developed an irrational fear of talking toys. she likes books that talk/make noise, but anything else? instant meltdown

i mean, they are pretty creepy

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

born on a buy you posted:

kiddo has become obsessed with rhyming but she does this just making up rhyming sounds even if they’re not words. she’ll do this in the middle of random sentence with no transition. every time I think I’ve finally stroked out

think you’ve droked lout stroked out?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

President Beep posted:

idk about sending a 13 year old off in an uber by themselves. not saying it’s a bad call, certainly doesn’t merit police involvement, but I don’t know if I’d do it. i might very well feel different when mine are that age. hell, i flew across the country by myself at 15. depends on the kid and other factors i suppose.

leaving them home alone, for especially such a short amount of time? unless there are some really bizarre circumstances that’s an outright nonissue as far as I’m concerned.

in general that sounds like a bunch of bs to me.

i flew intercontinentally to france by myself when i was 15 (and without the unaccompanied minor poo poo because i presume the age cutoff for that is a few years younger) to visit family

parents be on edge in 2022

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

im going to be a dad :shepface:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

RokosCockatrice posted:

Congrats! Pulling out is for suckers.

go play outside Skyler posted:

congrats. witnessing the birth of your child will be the single most amazing emotional experience of your life
:getin:

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

congratulations and also sorry for your loss (of freedom)

now I live in the suburbs/a satellite town I keep pining for the city life and then my wife points out that 1) this was done because it's way better for baby and 2) you're old now so its not like you are gonna live like your 20s again

also 3) you still go in 2-3 times a week and end up in a bar after work so shut up

echinopsis posted:

woah holy poo poo brother high faive

thank you all :) i mostly wanted to provide an explanation as to why i started posting here hehe

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

lol

this thread was stated by a barren old man

but welcome 2 the thread. roughly when are you due?

april :coolspot:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

lol I think my wife is in labour already

she’s currently counting contractions and since it’s our third I’m guessing in 8h we’ll have a new babby

time to pack a bag, call gramma, and peace out :toot:

godspeed goon 🫡

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Buck Turgidson posted:

Congratulations!

Here is my piece of unsolicited parenting advice: wear hearing protection when you tend to the crying baby. Don't need it all the time but drat it makes it way less stressful when you can't figure out why they're crying.

thanks! a dad close to us highly recommended noise cancelling headphones when tending to crying baby which i will definitely take into consideration to protect my mental health

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

my brother in law is in town with his kids

one of them got me and brother in law sick after some play date a few days ago

now im sitting here in bed thinking "oh cool, this is my life now starting in april" :shepicide:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

President Beep posted:

I’ve had a cold since 2013.

:stonklol:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

SpaceAceJase posted:

Hey guys I ejaculated back in October and there were consequences. 11 weeks preg

no pullout club’s newest member! congrats

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

bobbilljim posted:

i haven't been able to have more than 2 or 3 beers for 4 years now lol. it is what it is. plus i start gettign hung over almost right away these days anyway

it’s called being a cheap date my friend :quagmire:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

oh god like 10 weeks left until baby

loving gently caress

Asymmetric POSTer fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Feb 9, 2023

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

polyester concept posted:

gonna wanna put at least one comma in that sentence

lol, yeah

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

i regret to inform you all that last night during his shower, little jones told me about squishmallows, and how many students at his school brought them in when they were the star of the week

apparently he has known about them for some time, but is not interested in them really. perhaps this is because his favorite stuffed animal is a puppet wolf from nearly 30 years ago that was mine as a kid. LJ did not bring wolf jones to school when he was star of the week because he was "too special" and might get damaged

drat, tell us more

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Kenny Logins posted:

cool. when i was in the thick of it i just got told to sort of generally get/keep my poo poo together by someone who left his wife and kids shortly the second was born.

lmao

im glad im in communist europe now, im gonna take almost a year off when the kiddo pops out

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

I remember the first time I posted on here back in 2014 and people were mean to me and it really hurt. after half a life time on something awful forum I now have some thicker skin when it comes to people saying mean things to me

a year or so ago someone on minecraft multiplayer someone said something to my youngest that was mean and he got all upset etc

he was like 10 but I was like 22

is it possible be shielded from this or is just necessary for all humans, to learn that the internet is pain

its important to learn early whether being bullied/teased is from a hazing-like experience from a place of love (i.e. you’re being tested because your deemed worthy of the energy expenditure) vs just cruelty because the person doing the meanness is hosed up
and broken inside

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

prisoner of waffles posted:

if you find yourself needing to tire kids out and can’t let them do it on their own or with someone else, swimming is a very good choice of activity.

a lot of the energy people use in swimming just comes from body heat lost into the water. children’s volume to surface area ratio is way lower so they lose a lot more energy just being in cool water than adults do. many other activities, if you do them with your young kids, you will run out of energy before your kids do or your kids will recover from that activity before you do. NOT SWIMMING

hell yeah, this is the type of parent hack i need

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

MrQueasy posted:

kids lick everything

guess im still a kid :q:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

4 weeks until the due date :shepface:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

how are you feeling

excited, inadequate, unprepared

Kenny Logins posted:

you're going to be great

thank you

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

maybe those crazy parents that give birth at home and never integrate their kids into normal society are onto something :shuckyes:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

baby boy finally joined us on tuesday, still feels unreal but at the same time not strange at all

glad to see the “holy crap stop scratching yourself in the face” problem is not unique to my little guy

slowly trying to get him to stop insisting on sleeping on my partner’s or my chest…so far we are successful with it during daylight hours but he refuses at night so we’re still taking turns sleeping then :shepicide:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

congrats mate

thank you mate

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

love that modern society has normalized introducing children to gambling behavior

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

HamAdams posted:

further proof that the human body was designed by a fool

:hai:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

we’re on week 3 of this little guy saving up all his energy during the day so he can do marathon breastfeeding sessions and be 100% awake from midnight to 6 AM :shepicide:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Eeyo posted:

drat just had a perfect feeding. ate all his milk in like 5 minutes, didn’t spill a single drop, immediately burped, and immediately went deeply to sleep. he’ll probably not repeat that for a while.

the dream

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

last night my 5 week old son slept from 12:30 AM until 11:30 AM with just 2-3 relatively small pauses for breastfeeding/pooping/complaining about pooping and it feels so god drat good

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

go play outside Skyler posted:

enjoy it before the sleep regression starts :shepicide:

don’t take this away from me

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

it’s a maternal gene

:hmmyes:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

The Fool posted:

happy fathers day yosfathers

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

the closest thing I think I ever experience similar to psychosis is when shopping for clothes. it’s like I can feel judgment from idk who like as if someone was watching me and my decisions. hard to explain but maybe relatable. hosed up

dont sign your posts :xd:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

in 2004 I was 9” shorter and 55lbs lighter than I am now lol

username + post combo

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

the cool kids risk their lives tandem riding electric scooters without a helmet these days, trampolines are so 1980

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Eeyo posted:

i think it's not targeted towards me because it's in a private window, so hopefully i'm not telling on myself. i did not watch it.

they’ve at least got your ip address so it’s targeted for you and your neighbors!

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

my 3 month old woke up at 9 am this morning after just a single wake up during the night for some breastfeeding :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

im sure god has a plan for my demise through my child soon enough though