Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Vegetarian and vegans not apply

My answer would be what ever taco bell admitted their "meat" was. So 80% meat 30% "filler"

drat tacos bells is delicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

shove a turkey leg up my rear end

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
100%. I eat straight from the source.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
If provisions are made for my family should I not survive, I am willing to eat the 200% meat.

May God have mercy on us all.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

My answer would be what ever taco bell admitted their "meat" was. So 80% meat 30% "filler"

For a total of 110%

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've made really great tacos using just tvp, beef stock, and taco seasoning so, uh, I'm willing to say like almost 0 - 100%

Is not ever been an issue for me and have never considered this to be weird or gross in any capacity.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

offal meats are cheap and delicious. Liver, hearts, kidneys, all that good poo poo

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

kecske posted:

offal meats are cheap and delicious. Liver, hearts, kidneys, all that good poo poo

And they make delicious haggis.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'll take 100% of that juicy Shaq meat

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

Chrs posted:

For a total of 110%

That's why it's such a good value.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I don't care. I don't know why food snobs say things like Taco Bell meat is 30% sawdust or McDonald's burgers are 30% eyeballs or whatever like that's an "own". If their food scientists can still make it good, that's a good achievement imo.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
You realize theres more to the filling than pure meat right? Like water and flavoring etc

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

500excf type r posted:

You realize theres more to the filling than pure meat right? Like water and flavoring etc

No no one has ever thought or questioned this thank you

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
I've had good sausages that were 60% meat.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why do you want to know, op?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Big Beef City posted:

No no one has ever thought or questioned this thank you

Then I'm glad I could provide a meaningful contribution instead of being "filler"

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
69% :grin:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

100%, but only the rear end-meat.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I'm a 3% kinda guy

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'd rather eat fake meat that real meat if it tastes good tbh. doesn't even have to taste exactly like meat

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I am one of those 110% meat guys.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Seitan tastes devilishly good for a meat substitute

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
just the tip

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
sawdust is good for you. lots of fiber and antioxidants

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The other thread, combined with this one, has got me thinking. We have faux crab, and faux lobster. Which I know are still meat, but not the meat they supposedly represent. And we as a society have determined that they're sufficient enough to represent what they claim to be to just let them slide. I'm not saying they're wonderful or particularly accurate, but, to be honest, we do 'let it go'.

And yet after all this time, the development of 'krab', lobster, the impossible burger, tvp in its various applications and meats of all kinds...where are our fake shrimp?

Where? On this cursed earth can no one even attempt to master perfecting the art of duplicating the sea's embodiment of snack food? Why not done?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Big Beef City posted:

The other thread, combined with this one, has got me thinking. We have faux crab, and faux lobster. Which I know are still meat, but not the meat they supposedly represent. And we as a society have determined that they're sufficient enough to represent what they claim to be to just let them slide. I'm not saying they're wonderful or particularly accurate, but, to be honest, we do 'let it go'.

And yet after all this time, the development of 'krab', lobster, the impossible burger, tvp in its various applications and meats of all kinds...where are our fake shrimp?

Where? On this cursed earth can no one even attempt to master perfecting the art of duplicating the sea's embodiment of snack food? Why not done?

its in my pants

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I would and have eaten 0% meat before, op. Thank you

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

-5% but absolutely no lower

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
What percentage of meat are you willing to beat?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’ve had the impossible and beyond burgs and if you dress em up with usual burger fixins they’re fine op. Also a lot of ground beef recipes you can just replace the beef with black beans. I’m not really sure if this answers your question but thanks for reading some facts about what I eat sometimes.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Mnoba posted:

This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name

Moms vegan spaghetti

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Those caned hot dogs that can't legally be classed as meat in the eu.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

As long as I'm not gonna get prion diseases or whatever then everything is fine. If you're not eating things like tripe, then you are really missing out on a lot of good asian dishes

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Fumble posted:

Those caned hot dogs that can't legally be classed as meat in the eu.

don't cane your dogs wtf

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
80/20 meat is the best option for actual meat content vs price.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

genuinely if it's a burger, 60/40 is actually the perfect ratio. Too much meat and there's nothing to hold the fat in and you end up with a real dry burger unless you cook it for all about 40 seconds. if you've got 40% onions in that sucker though, they absorb that delicious fat, keep the burger moist and more importantly, make the burger have some nice sweet onion notes in it.

Imo, people who buy 100% beef burgers are idiots because of this.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Just lol if you think eating meat is about flavor and not murderous performative consumption :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
I'm making a beyond burger right now with swiss. Zero percent meat. 100 percent what was left in my fridge.