Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Absolutely no issues with this at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

That time Chico Flores did a dive in front of Big Sam who proceeded to laugh in his face, even after Chico squared up to him.

Emre doing a racism to Didier Zokora and getting the poo poo kicked out of him every time he got the ball in the next match between the teams.

Benoit Assou Ekotto headbutting his own teammate in the World Cup.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
e: ffs gifs not working on Awful App

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

sticksy posted:

e: ffs gifs not working on Awful App

here u go op
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pgREH4z0vU

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

just thought of this and did a lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

I must have saved this from a similar thread in 2015:

https://i.imgur.com/12qhw0G.mp4

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

bees everywhere posted:

I must have saved this from a similar thread in 2015:

https://i.imgur.com/12qhw0G.mp4

:stoke:

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Troy Queef posted:

Joey Barton's entire tenure at Rangers, up to and including him buying a Nespresso machine for the first team as a gift, and taking it with him after he got his contract terminated
:hmmyes:

Bundy posted:

El Hadj Diouf gallery
:hmmyes:

Still angry about that game

The time Chris Burke fainted during a game in Aberdeen and the official excuse was "sun stroke"
Rumour was that he was actually incredibly hung over

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

https://twitter.com/oddsbible/status/778189494512078848

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

found this in the related tweets and did a little lol having suddenly remembered

https://twitter.com/FootyRustling/status/1361685550818852866

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Ever banega running himself over with his own car

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Kyle Lafferty getting sold by Palermo because he was too much of a womaniser for the Italian owner.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

HappyCamperGL posted:

Kyle Lafferty getting sold by Palermo because he was too much of a womaniser for the Italian owner.

You gotta post the quotes

President Zamparini posted:

Lafferty is sold as a result of a precise request from my Coach BeppeIachini.

He is an out-of-control womaniser, an Irishman without rules. He is someone who disappears for a week and goes on the hunt for women in Milan.

He has two families with six children, he never trains, he’s completely off the rails. On the field he’s a great player, because he gave us everything he had and more.

In terms of his behaviour, however, he is uncontrollable. My Coach told me he cannot sort this player out, so he has to go.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

"He is an Irishman without rules" is one of the coolest things ever said about a human being

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
He should get a trophy for that.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Lafferty owns and also had a very good goalscoring record while he was at Palermo. I would love to find out what finally drove Iachini to want him out; he must've done something absolutely insane. I'm guessing somebody's wife is involved.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Palermo runs afoul of an Irishman

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Lafferty owns and also had a very good goalscoring record while he was at Palermo. I would love to find out what finally drove Iachini to want him out; he must've done something absolutely insane. I'm guessing somebody's wife is involved.

I mean, do you really need more information than him being an Irishman without rules who disappeared for weeks on end to look for Milanese women and had two families with six children?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

or multiple wives

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
It’s a shame Lafferty never played for Berlusconi but there’s still time

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bobby Digital posted:

It’s a shame Lafferty never played for Berlusconi but there’s still time

If Monza don’t get promoted he’d actually be a pretty good buy imo.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Gigi Galli posted:

If Monza don’t get promoted he’d actually be a pretty good buy imo.

After he got caught out messaging women in Glasgow and had to grovel to get back with his missus I don’t think ‘season in Italy?’ would end in anything but a severe injury.

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
Iain Dowie forgetting which way he was playing and power heading an own goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im_sME-zlQA

QPR's friendly with the China U23 squad aka “the Battle of Harlington” which became a 30 person brawl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt0zjgT6Xxw

The song for Palace's Sun Ji Hi after an incident with a ref:
"He's tall, Chinese
and beats up referees
Sun Ji Hi
Sun Ji Hi"

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He’s fat, he’s Scouse
He’ll rob your loving house
Wayne Rooney

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

This just popped up on my youtube feed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15x9YYK2R2U

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Peter Odemwingie just got a mention in the weekend Web thread and it reminded me of him driving his car down to QPR on transfer deadline day and just sitting in the car park waiting for a move to materialise

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Julian Faubert, pretty mediocre for West Ham, somehow getting a move to Real Madrid, where he fell asleep on the subs bench.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Ally McCoist's incredible use of very accurate bar graphs

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Julian Faubert, pretty mediocre for West Ham, somehow getting a move to Real Madrid, where he fell asleep on the subs bench.

This reminded me of

And how he was somehow featured in one of the Goal movies

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Bobby Digital posted:

This reminded me of

And how he was somehow featured in one of the Goal movies

Wasn't the rumour that the Madrid scouts thought he was a defensive midfielder because they had mistaken him for Lee Carsley

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Her Dryer posted:

Wasn't the rumour that the Madrid scouts thought he was a defensive midfielder because they had mistaken him for Lee Carsley

quote:

“Real Madrid wanted to sign Antonio Valencia but Wigan wanted £25m, which is like £80m in today’s market,” Le Mée says. “The second option was Faubert, the manager’s choice. Juande Ramos had been at Tottenham the year before and Julien played two fantastic games against them for West Ham. That was the reason he got this chance – sometimes miracles can happen.”

From an article by The Guardian last year

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Oh I meant Gravesen haha. But also lol.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Ryan Babel circling London in a helicopter trying to decide which club he’d go to.

Berbatov supposedly getting on a plane to sign for Fiorentina and then not being on it when it landed (?) because he had gone to sign for Fulham.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Her Dryer posted:

I remember hearing that, don’t think it’s ever been confirmed. I choose to believe it because it’s funnier.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Speaking of footballers in helicopters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFnymJDZAS8

Frankston fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Feb 24, 2021

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Ryan Babel circling London in a helicopter trying to decide which club he’d go to.

Berbatov supposedly getting on a plane to sign for Fiorentina and then not being on it when it landed (?) because he had gone to sign for Fulham.

The Reading goalkeeper (Mihaylov?) who allegedly signed for them because they sent him footage of them in the playoff final and he thought Wembley was their home ground

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

blue footed boobie posted:

Malcom being on a plane to Roma, their sport directors waiting with papers on hand, then literally turning around mid-air to sign for Barca.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Sven Goran Eriksson having an affair with an FA secretary, a story that Sven's long-term girlfriend wasn't particularly happy about, but otherwise not of a huge journalistic significance other than it being damned impressive that a man who looked like a dead ringer for c montgomery burns managed to gently caress as much as he did

the head of the FA offering the press that he would shove this poor woman out in front of a press conference, in exchange for them not reporting anything to do with the fact that he was also having sex with the same FA secretary, a much more interesting story that the media immediately reported in full along with the attempt to undermine the manager of the England team by the head of the FA

FullLeatherJacket fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
Phil Babb destroying his nads on the goalposts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3aCobgEeWw