Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Darren Ferguson being brought up in the Prem thread made me remember the time his dad recalled three of the loanees he'd sent to Preston, hours after the news broke that they'd sacked his useless son

When you remember a funny football thing that happened, post it in here. Maybe you're in the supermarket buying a cabbage and you remember Steve Bruce getting a cabbage thrown at him, and this world class quote:

quote:

“It was really heavy. When it hit the floor you felt the thud. Had it hit him on the head, or me on the head, it would have done some damage.

“It was as heavy as a house brick - it was a big one!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Ross Mccormack missing a Villa training session because his electric gates were broken. Steve Bruce asked if he, a professional athlete, couldn't just climb over them. He said no

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Socrates being told by his doctor that he'd have to give up smoking to keep playing football so he immediately gave up football. Also Socrates turning out for Garforth Town aged 50

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Did a zoom quiz with the family and the 2010 world cup final came up

Made an absolute show of myself by saying Germany won but remembered this measured attempt to win the ball

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Jimmy Jump, the professional irritant who invaded trophy presentations and then just stopped

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Beckham getting a football boot kicked or thrown in his face by an angry Alex ferguson so hard that he needed stitches. Imagine that happening today lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Very deep cut but Boltons Israeli midfielder Idan Tal saying he wasn't worried about playing England in a euro 2008 qualifier because they were poo poo long ball merchants

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Harry redknapp signing three squads worth of players at QPR then leaving them bottom of the league because his knees hurt

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Actually while I'm on an 'Arry kick I remembered when Capello got sacked and Redknapp spent weeks putting out stories about how he'd always dreamed of managing England, but hadn't really given it much thought honestly. Spurs' form fell off a cliff because he was putting in even less effort than usual and just waiting for the phone to ring (after Capello's sacking in Feb they won 4 of their last 13 games)

Then the FA went with Roy the Boy Hodgson (lmao) and straight away the toys came out of the pram but in that very Redknapp way, 'I would have turned the job down if they'd offered it me, I never wanted it. Look at all these texts from unnamed current England players saying they wanted me to get the job, I dont know nothing about that though. Whats a text'

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Wenger finally caving to the demand for more signings by signing a 32 year old Kim kallstrom with a broken spine

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

Italy being jobbed out of WC 2002 to South Korea.

Ireland training on concrete playground pitches and eating cheese sandwiches for pre match nutrition

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Alan pardews touchline dance and the subsequent final score

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
That two month period in 2008 when amr zaki was the best striker on the planet

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Adrian Mutu doing a cheeky line and getting fined 15 million quid

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
FIFA publishing the FIFA report into massive corruption at FIFA that stated that there was no corruption and we should close the department investigating FIFA corruption

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Did he not bring a fishing rod as well just in case the opportunity arose

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Michael Owen only having watched 5 films in his life

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Joseph minala

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Ever banega running himself over with his own car

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Peter Odemwingie just got a mention in the weekend Web thread and it reminded me of him driving his car down to QPR on transfer deadline day and just sitting in the car park waiting for a move to materialise

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Ryan Babel circling London in a helicopter trying to decide which club he’d go to.

Berbatov supposedly getting on a plane to sign for Fiorentina and then not being on it when it landed (?) because he had gone to sign for Fulham.

The Reading goalkeeper (Mihaylov?) who allegedly signed for them because they sent him footage of them in the playoff final and he thought Wembley was their home ground

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Dave hockaday telling Leeds players to bring packed lunches to training

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
That one sid Lowe article about the Barcelona players running to catch a train that went on for over 9000 words then had like a two sentence match report at the end

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
All the rumours of England lining up a bid for the 2030 world Cup reminded me of the 2022 bid

Posting itf when they announced that the next two world cups would be Russia and Qatar and Cameron and Prince William immediately showing their itemised bribe receipts and insisting that there had been a mistake

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Ken bates banning the BBC from Elland Road and setting up his own radio station, the highlight of which was a weekly 'ask the chairman' segment where he'd Skype in from Monaco and the presenter would ask him approved questions of the 'just what is it that makes you so successful' variety for a couple of hours

They did a contest once where the prize was a ticket to the Monaco grand prix, where Ken was very clear to point out that the winner would have to pay for their own travel, accommodation and additional tickets if they wanted to bring a friend

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Liam Ridgewell wiping his arse with £20 notes on instagram and becoming 'the most DISGUSTING footballer in HISTORY' overnight

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Feel like Owen was the originator of 'post a pic of the trophy case when someone says you're poo poo' back in the very early days of twitter. Big fan of that posting technique

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Shola ameobi(?) coming home and thinking his house had been robbed but actually it was just messy because he hadn't tidied up

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Davey Moyes making Rio watch Tony Hibbert highlight tapes to improve his defending

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Fabio capello getting paid 7 mil a year to manage Russia, the RFU president getting sacked for agreeing the deal, the RFU being too skint to pay him until the usmanovs loaned them the money, and the Russian government demanding that he appear before MPs to explain how they could get knocked out of the world cup without winning a game

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Jose posted:

the steven taylor post in the PL thread made me remember the time he was out injured after breaking his hand punching andy carroll in the face in training because carroll had slept with his ex

Andy Carroll having to live at Kevin Nolan's house

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Darren Bent briefly being the only footballer on twitter

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

vyelkin posted:

That time Gerrard was subbed on against Man U, immediately jumped on somebody's leg, and got sent off within like 20 seconds.

Wasn't that his last game at anfield as well? Lol

Just remembered Leeds and their controversial preseason tour of Myanmar, can't decide whether that was better or worse than the training camp in Italy where they beat a pub team 26-0 and played in a stream

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Evrachat in the champions league thread reminded me of him not shaking Suarez's hand and the TV commentators doing unironic regency gasps of astonishment at the lack of decorum

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Does anyone have the USMNT thing for a world cup (2006?) where theyre all cartoons and they look like the Hurricanes and the tagline is something like 'Generation Next' but its Freddy Adu and loving idk Bocanegra or whoever. Fairly sure it was an official sponsor thing and not a fan art

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I think the source of the 'pep is bald' catchphrase is pep being bald as gently caress. I mean he's real bald

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
We were chatting at work today about our favourite 'player at a mid to low level prem club has a good last month of the season and generates a load of noise that they deserve to be on the plane' moments. Fondly remember Bullardmania for euro 2008 but forgot about Grant Holt's cruel omission for 2010 I think

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Leeds's kit supplier didn't make tracksuits big enough to fit Steve Evans so he had to have the badge sewn onto a 14xl jacamo special

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Just remembered the 5th officials, in the one season before goal line technology was a thing, whose job was to stand next to the goal and make sure the ball went over the line