Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Let's play a game. Go on google and search for "Florida man" followed by your birthday. Then post the best news article you find.

For instance mine would be "Florida Man November 4th". Which gives me:

Florida man dressed like Fred Flintstone pulled over in his ‘footmobile’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Is this like one of those Facebook quiz type things to steal our passwords from our personal information? Not today Mr hacker!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

It was this or a story about Florida Man trying to buy Rolex watches with a check printed on his home computer:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RyanANJa...es-customers%2F

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 16, 2021

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
Police: Florida man abandoned child on roadside because he thought boy might be gay.
https://wgntv.com/news/man-abandoned-child-on-roadside-because-he-thought-boy-might-be-gay-police-say/

Holy poo poo Florida Man, that's bad

While googling Florida Man I found this very helpful website that looks up Florida Man's comings and going on any date.
https://floridaman.totemtattoo.com.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
https://nbc-2.com/nbc-2-wbbh/2019/04/08/drunk-shirtless-florida-man-arrested-after-shoveling-spaghetti-in-his-mouth-at-olive-garden/

A drunk and shirtless Naples man was arrested at an Olive Garden Sunday after shoveling spaghetti into his mouth

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mostly this gets me articles released on that day about events that took place prior.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

It was this or a story about Florida Man trying to buy Rolex watches with a check printed on his home computer:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RyanANJa...es-customers%2F

uhhhhh gonna need more information on this legend

PersonFromPorlock
Jan 27, 2019

That's true!
Florida Man Says the Three Syringes Found in His Rectum Weren't His

PersonFromPorlock
Jan 27, 2019

That's true!
That was the first hit. Also:

Florida man accused of stealing Pelosi’s lectern charged in invasion

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Florida man who allegedly threatened family with Coldplay lyrics ends standoff after SWAT promises him pizza

quote:

A Florida man accused of threatening his family by texting them Coldplay lyrics, and warning them of retribution from his “Nazi prison associates” was persuaded by police to end a standoff in return for a fresh slice of pizza, reports say.

Evan Charles McLemore, under the belief that SWAT team negotiators were ready to hand him one of America’s favorite foods, was taken into custody Tuesday following a 4-hour confrontation at a Pensacola home.

"Never underestimate the power of pizza with flavored crust," the Pensacola Police Department wrote on Facebook, while adding officers “cannot comment on the rumors about pineapple being on said pizza - Operational Security and all that.”

It was not immediately clear if responding officers even gave McLemore a slice -- but they did deliver him charges of resisting an officer without violence and aggravated stalking, according to the Pensacola News Journal.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Florida Man Runs from Cops, Stops to Pet Cat, Goes to Jail :3:

https://987theshark.com/2020/03/09/florida-man-runs-from-cops-stops-to-pet-cat-goes-to-jail/

quote:

Daniel Pinedo-Velapatino is in some serious kitty litter. It all started when the man allegedly stole $2,000 form another man’s wallet at a party. Police responded and have chase when Valepatino ran. At one point, the suspect slipped into the sliding glass rear door of a private residence and told the owner he was doing some work at a neighbor’s house. The homeowner gave Velapatino some water as he sat and played with the family cat. The woman’s husband began to ask Velapatino more detailed questions and became suspicious. Police eventually found the man and arrested him.

EDIT: The cat story wasn’t the first result, but it is the funniest one I saw on the Page 1. The first result is still pretty stupid and funny, though.

Florida Man Claims Trump Bumper Sticker Motivated Road Rage Attack

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/florida-man-claims-trump-bumper-sticker-motivated-road-rage-attack/33529/

quote:

Gregg Dunay was left beaten and bloody after he said he was the victim of a road rage attack in Pinellas County, Florida. Dunay claimed he was targeted for having a Trump bumper sticker and a Trump banner on his minivan.

He said the attack happened Wednesday when he tried to change lanes and another driver wouldn’t let him.

That’s when he said the situation escalated.

"He was cursing at me. He's saying 'F Trump,' 'F Trump's mother,' all this stuff and I just said that's why Trump is now our president, because of stuff like this," Dunay said.

Surveillance cameras then captured the suspects at a gas station parking lot down the street from where the incident started.

When Dunay stopped at the light, the other driver came out of nowhere and attacked, he said.

"I turn, and that's when he punched me," Dunay said.

The suspect then ran, leaving Dunay bloody and with no question about the motive.

"The Trump sticker and the Trump banner. That's all what it's about," Dunay said.

Kenneth City police confirmed it was definitely a case of road rage. But was it politically motivated as Dunay claims?

"That may be the case or not the case," said Chief Kevin Riley of Kenneth City police. "We're still investigating that and it will be a part of our investigation. Again, we're focused on the battery that occurred and finding the suspect or suspects."

Dunay, a huge Trump supporter, has been to eight rallies and the inauguration.

He believes that people need to accept that Trump is the president.

"He's our president," he said. "We got to get over it. You can change your mind in four years."
I think this one actually got posted in GBS or C-SPAM or somewhere when it happened.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 17, 2021

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i got one stealing 14k worth of disney costumes and one throwing sausages at his mom

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

First result

Naked Florida man starts house fire while baking cookies on George Foreman grill

Link

Choice quote

quote:

According to the offense report from the Police Department, the man showed no signs of understanding the danger he was in. There were several things on fire inside the home, including some towels.

Most popular result is much less funny

Crime: Florida man sentenced to 92 years in prison

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 17, 2021

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Guy masturbating in Walmart toy section :barf:

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
Halloween

Florida man arrested after throwing glass eye at doctor and nurse, police say

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Florida man accused of making bomb threat was referring to bowel movement, police say

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I got this one:

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/...HNFQBEAG4F2I74/

quote:

HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. — A 35-year-old Florida woman was arrested after deputies say she tried to use a blow torch to burn down her former residence.

A witness told police her house was on fire and that Monica Gluck, 35, was spotted leaving it holding a blow torch, according to WFLA. The witness recognized the woman because she currently lived in Gluck’s former home and had interacted with her before, according to the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office.

Law enforcement officials later located Gluck, and she told them that she wanted to burn down house because “bad things” occurred there.

She was arrested on charges of arson to a dwelling and burglary to a dwelling.

Her bond was set at $20,000, according to the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Weka posted:

Is this like one of those Facebook quiz type things to steal our passwords from our personal information? Not today Mr hacker!

You think you can avoid Florida man? Your gods can't save you now.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

^^^I would not have guessed 35. Meth is a hell of a drug.

quote:

The clams this diner ordered were ‘so small’ that he called 911 — twice, police say

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Weka posted:

Google your mother's maiden name and post a news article containing it.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Ok I’ll try this out

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Florida man accused of driving around naked with electronic device attached to what?

Sonderval
Sep 10, 2011
Florida Man With No Arms Arrested For Stabbing Tourist

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/florida-man-no-arms-arrested-130134096.html

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Florida man reportedly tells cops he thought playing basketball naked would ‘enhance his skill level’

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-man-arrested-for-playing-basketball-naked

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Dear Watson posted:

Ok I’ll try this out

I didn’t know Mike Pence was from Florida

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
https://nbcpalmsprings.com/2019/01/08/florida-man-says-3-syringes-found-in-his-rectum-arent-his/

Florida man has three syringes in his rectum ain't his

Nutella
Jun 27, 2005

"And the meek shall inherit the earth"
"Florida man arrested for having an 'I Eat rear end' sticker on truck says his rights were violated"
https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...hts-were-violat

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
"Florida man hits McDonald's worker in the face for taking too long, police say."

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2019/08/23/florida-man-hits-mcdonalds-worker-taking-too-long-police-say/

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

What are those two flags on the house?

Sricero
Nov 7, 2010

I Teach Yoga you son of a bitch.
“Florida man walks home while bleeding profusely after shark attack.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.myarklamiss.com/news/national-news/florida-man-walks-home-while-bleeding-profusely-after-shark-attack/amp/

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

You've gone too far this time, Florida Man :arghfist::catstare:

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Florida man arrested for having sex with a stuffed Olaf at target

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Ok this one peaked my interest:

quote:

Born in Alabama, Crenshaw says his mother fed him rat poison in an effort to obtain health insurance. He also shared how he has over 200 kids with music icon Gloria Estefan.

Wanna meet this dude

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Florida man pushes pastor, knocks churchgoers to ground because service was too loud, police say

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

quote:

A Florida woman faces an aggravated assault charge after authorities say she passed gas in line at a dollar store and pulled a knife on a man who complained about it.

Citing a Broward Sheriff’s Office report, the Miami Herald reports 37-year-old Shanetta Yvette Wilson passed gas while waiting in line at a Dollar General Sunday night and upset a nearby customer. The report says the offended customer and Wilson then got into an argument “in reference to the defendant farting loudly.”

It says Wilson then pulled a small folding knife out of her purse and told the victim she was going to “gut” him while moving as if to attack him. Wilson was arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill.

It’s unclear if she has a lawyer

quote:

A Polk County, Florida woman was arrested earlier this month after she reportedly brought "her meth" with her to a doctor's office to have it tested.

Barbara Ray, 73, of Polk County, told the staff at the doctor's office that she had been taking meth for about a month, according to the Polk County Sheriff's Office. She said she brought the drugs with her so that she and "her meth" could be tested to make sure all was well.

The Sheriff's Office was called and a deputy responded to the office. The deputy tested the drugs and found it was in fact methamphetamine.

Ray was arrested on November 5. She was charged with 2 counts of Possession of Methamphetamine, and 2 counts of Possession of Narcotic Paraphernalia. She was booked into the Polk County Jail on Monday, November 5, 2018 and released on Wednesday, November 7, 2018.

quote:

A Florida woman was arrested Thursday morning after she entered the courthouse with methamphetamine in her pocket, according to the Flagler County Sheriff's Office.

FCSO Deputy Vince Schrider said Tessa B. Lilly, 25, entered the Kim C. Hammond Justice Center and was about to walk through the metal detector when he noticed something in her pocket.

According to the report, Schrider asked Lilly to empty her pockets. When she pulled out a plastic baggie, she said it was makeup used for skin treatment, the report states, but Schrider thought the substance might be narcotics. Detectives tested the substance and it tested positive for methamphetamine and weighed 1.44 grams, according to the FCSO.

"She came to court with meth in her pocket?" Sheriff Rick Staly said in a media release. "Our security system at the courthouse worked. She obviously needs help and has not learned from her past mistakes. I hope this is a wake-up call to turn her life around and seek treatment for her addiction."

Lilly was arrested and charged with possession of methamphetamine and held on a $30,000 bail.

quote:

A Florida woman was arrested for alleged drunken driving - on a horse, the Orlando Sentinel reported Friday (Nov. 3).

Polk County sheriff's deputies arrested Donna Byrne, 53, after a caller reported seeing a woman appearing confused and riding a horse on a road Thursday in the central Florida town of Lakeland, the report said.

Byrne, of Lakeland, smelled of alcohol, staggered and had red watery eyes when deputies pulled her over, authorities told the Sentinel.

A sheriff's office spokesman said the woman's breath alcohol level was more than two times the legal limit, according to the story. Byrne also was booked with animal neglect.

The horse, named Boduke, was hitched to a deputy's patrol car and ate grass until being taken to the Polk County Sheriff's Animal Control livestock facility, the report said.

florida

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost

Polk County, Florida.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That fucker!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I got "Naked Florida Man breaks into home, tries on woman's clothes" which is downright quaint compared to some of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Dear Watson posted:

Ok I’ll try this out

Dude we have the same birthday I was literally just about to post this!