Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Black Taurus rules so loving hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Decay still using that Marilyn Manson song for a theme, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCcCA9QV8qQ

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

No, just a pretty good soundalike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJZXcgGcrDc

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

J-Ro posted:

No, just a pretty good soundalike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJZXcgGcrDc

Wow that really is a good soundalike (shame about it mirroring an abusive fuckboi but that's not their fault)

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm watching the Saturday ppv-esque show. Is Tommy Dreamer's match a retirement match?

e: Apparently just his 50th birthday, which is cool.

Also, Jake got his Something back?

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 14, 2021

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Tommy Dreamer ftw

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
FINJUICE

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I TURNED IT OFF RIGHT BEFORE THAT AAAAAAA

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1360800432474456068

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wrestling is wild this year. At this rate I'll watch an episode of Impact in 2021!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/GolazoDan/status/1360900782372114432

tommy dreamer has some ideas

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1360818189337198594?s=20

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
So now we have an idea of what the plan for Sammy Guevara was:

f4wonline.com posted:

Following his on-screen departure from the Inner Circle on Dynamite, the AEW standout arrived in Nashville, TN, to work the February 9-11 Impact tapings as part of the angle. However, he didn't like the creative plan and after making some suggestions that were turned down, he was told he wasn't needed.

One story Meltzer could not confirm was that Guevara was set to be part of a six man tag on next week's show where the winning team would move on to a three way match for an X-Division title shot. He was set to team with Ace Austin and Chris Bey against Willie Mack, Josh Alexander and Trey Miguel. Austin and Bey will team with Black Taurus instead.

Guevara reportedly suggested winning the X-Division title before returning to AEW with it. He would never lose the title and it would then be stripped at some point and put up for grabs in a tournament.

Meltzer did confirm that Guevara was going to win three matches at the tapings, adding that Chris Jericho and Don Callis came up with the initial angle and whatever happened made them look bad. Guevara was only scheduled for that set of tapings.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I supported the notion that sammy might not benefit from an angle in TNA but to show up in a promotion your first day and propose that you should win their big belt title and then also never lose it is some brass balls.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

reignofevil posted:

I supported the notion that sammy might not benefit from an angle in TNA but to show up in a promotion your first day and propose that you should win their big belt title and then also never lose it is some brass balls.

tbh he is more than good enough for it

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Venomous posted:

tbh he is more than good enough for it

And it would get the belt off TJP.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

smikey posted:

And it would get the belt off TJP.

Plus it could have also furthered Santana and Ortiz' split from the IC as well, if Sammy would prove to them that 'Hey, I didn't need the IC to win a title, so what's holding you two back?'

Also, since the article says that under Impact's original plan Sammy was supposed to win 3 matches anyway, you'd think that him coming into the company with such a quick, high win record, him actually taking the title off TJP wouldn't be that unrealistic.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think in 99% of situations I'm going to side with the talent who decides "Nah, I don't want to do this thing in Impact" more than I'd side with Impact. They haven't built up enough good will and consistency to be trusted to do something the right way IMO. It's kind of a big shot move of Sammy to suggest winning the belt, but it'd probably create more interest in Impact than Sammy showing up and basically doing nothing of consequence.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
It would make Impact Wrestling look bad if they book it so a guy comes in, wins a title, and never shows up again.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sammy seems to be saying the report is false, so who knows.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

every person named sammy or sami is like that so it's true

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, if Sammy really doesn't want to work with Impact and feels comfortable torpedoing that and not hurting his position in AEW then great. More power to him. Demand a corner office and a company car.

But I can't exactly blame Impact for not wanting to put him over an entire division, give him a title, and then have him walk away and never lose the belt or pay anything off. Sammy's clearly being selfish there and its his prerogative, but its also Impact's to just say "thanks but we'll go another way."

edit: Assuming its true. Who the gently caress knows?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's not possible to devalue a title that is currently held by TJP

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Edward Mass posted:

It would make Impact Wrestling look bad if they book it so a guy comes in, wins a title, and never shows up again.

Yeah, there's some kind of middle ground for sure. Showing up to win the belt and do a better thing than just leaving with the belt would be better than the supposed idea Sammy had or the supposed idea Impact had.

I think it makes more sense for Sammy to just be nowhere right now anyway. Let him fade out a little bit before his big return to destroy the Inner Circle.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Edward Mass posted:

It's about 20 years too late to worry about that

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Thank you for giving Black Taurus more screen time Sammy.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

J-Ro posted:

This all day long.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

J-Ro posted:

This is the most important part. More Black Taurus is a beautiful thing and more people should refuse to do storylines if it means he'll pop up in their place.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's not possible to devalue a title that is currently held by TJP

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Well, I'm guessing the show is moving to Thursdays now.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Don can Do It

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

How dare Juice and Dave kick Tony "The Forbidden Door," Khan!?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

We Just Need Thursdays Mondays Mondays and Thursdays DVR viewership Wednesdays Twitch Thursdays

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

DJExile posted:

We Just Need Thursdays Mondays Mondays and Thursdays DVR viewership Wednesdays Twitch Thursdays

Thursday probably wouldn't be any worse for Impact, I think they get less than 200k cable viewers anyway.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

DJExile posted:

You forgot about Hulk Hogna

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

You forgot about Hulk Hogna

The list of "we just need" beyond the various days of the week they've been on at this point is endless

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Good Brothers/FinJuice has been announced for the Impact Plus event I guess I'm now watching live.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Give FinJuice the straps Coward Callis.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

So I take it they taped a lot of shows in advance since at this point FinJuice must have already been quarantining in Japan for about 11 days in preparation for the New Japan Cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Germansimp posted:

So I take it they taped a lot of shows in advance since at this point FinJuice must have already been quarantining in Japan for about 11 days in preparation for the New Japan Cup.

Yeah, Sacrifice is in the can if reports are correct.