Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
We have a full card for Sacrifice:

Rich Swann (c) vs. Moose for the Impact World Championship
The Good Brothers (c) vs. David Finlay & Juice Robinson for the Impact World Tag Team Championship
TJP (c) vs. Ace Austin for the Impact X-Division Championship
Deonna Purrazzo (c) vs. ODB for the Impact Knockouts Championship
Fire and Flava (c) vs. Jordynne Grace & Jazz for the Impact Knockouts Tag Team Championship
Violent By Design (Joe Doering & Deaner) vs. Chris Sabin & James Storm
Eddie Edwards vs. Brian Myers in a hardcore match
Decay squashing Reno Scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is Kenny seriously gonna win the Impact world title? Why the gently caress would Impact do that?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Is Kenny seriously gonna win the Impact world title? Why the gently caress would Impact do that?

If Omega wins the Impact title, he would have to drop the title to someone in Impact Wrestling down the line. That guy's going to have the biggest rub in the promotion's history, probably.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Might as well go all the way with your inter-promotional angle? Dunno if that's the smartest decision in the long run, but it seems entertaining and that's what I'm here for.

Edward Mass posted:

And Moose's TNA World Championship. Unification match.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
ODB is still wrestling? :psyduck:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Benne posted:

ODB is still wrestling? :psyduck:

i think her main business is her food truck at this point, she just wrestles dates here and there

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Edward Mass posted:

We have a full card for Sacrifice:

The Good Brothers (c) vs. David Finlay & Juice Robinson for the Impact World Tag Team Championship
TJP (c) vs. Ace Austin for the Impact X-Division Championship
Deonna Purrazzo (c) vs. ODB for the Impact Knockouts Championship
Fire and Flava (c) vs. Jordynne Grace & Jazz for the Impact Knockouts Tag Team Championship
Violent By Design (Joe Doering & Deaner) vs. Chris Sabin & James Storm
Eddie Edwards vs. Brian Myers in a hardcore match
Decay squashing Reno Scum

Wow, Joe Doering is actually wrestling? I hope he's got something left in the tank. And why the gently caress is Eddie Edwards just a hardcore wrestler now? Dude used to be good.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What else are they possibly going to do to get people to pay attention to them now?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Alaois posted:

i think her main business is her food truck at this point, she just wrestles dates here and there

The truck used to be her main business, but unfortunately Will Hobbs stole it a couple of months ago, so now she has to wrestle to make ends meet.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Why the gently caress would Impact do that?

We've been asking this question for nearly 20 years now

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

there is an impact ppv on and i have it on in the background i guess

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hell yeah Ace :woop:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

dlo is like just fine on commentary but hes a massive improvement on whoever was doing commentary the last time i watched an impact show

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

boxcarhobo posted:

dlo is like just fine on commentary but hes a massive improvement on whoever was doing commentary the last time i watched an impact show

Josh Matthews is who was probably doing commentary last time you watched Impact

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

^^^ yep thats what i figured, dlo is a big improvement

this tag match is pretty good but whoever directs impact is an rear end in a top hat

yep, that was honestly a hm worthy match except the cameras were so bad it took me out of it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:woop: hell yeah FinJuice

Aergo
Feb 1, 2009

FinJuice!!!

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Really surprised the Good Brothers lost.

This main event is a hell of a match, both of these guys are great

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kenny/Swann at Rebellion, AEW and unified Impact titles on the line, winner takes all

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

All of the title matches ended with the right people winning. Crazy.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Sacrifice was more than worth the cheap price tag - these Impact Plus cards are usually a mixed bag.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Roasted Donut posted:

Really surprised the Good Brothers lost.
I just assumed it's a jumping off point for then to join AEW.

The show was far better than recent efforts, good poo poo!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm not really sure why Impact would want the Good Brothers to leave. They don't have a lot in the tag division right now.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Unless they signed a nine-month contract for some stupid reason, the Good Brothers aren’t leaving Impact Wrestling.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

of the last three tag title challengers, two were out of company tag teams from outside relationships. if you never accept putting the titles on a team like that temporarily, you strongly risk stagnation, so if you are able to use guys like that for a bit, it's not a bad choice to do a surprise win of sorts I think.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm watching impact. Tommy Dreamer is commissioner for the evening.

Eventually I'm gonna know the names of the people on this product but today is not that day.

Edit- Having a wrestler named "Jake Something" is a little on the nose, considering.

Edit-2 Rhino beat Jake Something. Really fast. Rhyno is in some kinda group called Violent by Design now and they all have t-shirts that say Violent by Design. That's the design.

Edit-3 TNA has a large group in the women's division who have all come to agree that new groups in TNA always bicker and argue and so they should just work together and try to win. I agree.

Edit4- Rohit Raju said last week he doesn't owe.. someone... something. I guess Shera is who he doesn't owe anything to. They're having a match.

Edit-5 Rohit Raju won via foot on the ropes leverage. Another really short one.

Edit-6 Rich Swann told someone they weren't going to party right now but that they would party all night at some indeterminate point in the future.

Edit-7 Rich Swann has something to say

Rich Swann says he made his sacrifices at sacrifice. Also he's 30 years old. Also he doesn't like Moose but he respects him.

Also it's hard to become a double champion, unthinkable, unspeakable. But he did it. Also he partied after he won. A lot.

Now he's got a chance to make up for the time Kenny Omega pinned him at the next PPV.

Supposedly Kenny Omega won't have the good brothers at his side during the upcoming PPV match with Swann. No idea where Swann got that idea but he's committed he won't have Chris Sabin at his side nor will he have Moose at his side. If they said yes, I'd bring them!!!

Don Callis is here.

He says he's proud of Rich Swann but he isn't mic'd up or anything.

Don Callis wants to talk about history. Please dear god no.

Don Callis was really in Swann's corner. He got him paychecks when he was injured. He made phonecalls at least once a week.

Don Callis says Kenny Omega is a much fancier car than Rich Swann and somehow this is Iron Sheik's fault.

Don Callis is speculating about what Rich Swann and his wife do in bed. He thinks Rich Swann was thinking about the one winged angel.

Rich Swann is a once in a decade talent and Kenny Omega is a once in a lifetime talent.

Don Callis is yelling real loud directly into a microphone mere inches from Rich Swann's face.

Anyway he says Kenny is definitely going to win and now I guess he's leaving and Rich Swann has no response like some geek. Commentary is speculating "where don callis allegiance lies" like he didn't just make it really really clear he loves Kenny and he loves the One Winged Angel.

reignofevil fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 17, 2021

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Six on six women's match. Tenille Dashwood and fire n' flava with- ah gently caress it there is just no way. 12 names is too many names I've missed some as they were coming out trying to get everyone's name straight and now I'm hopelessly behind.

Team 2 came out and they waited on the ramp for eachother instead of going to the ring individually and this is our big indicator that they're unified.

I did learn Susan's name last week and she's in this match on the heel side with Tenille and Fire n Flava.

Commentary saying kimber lee (who is on the face heel side) is the general of the team.

Commentary hates that stupid "Skip ad" button on youtube too.

There was a dive and it took everybody out. I think we're going to commercial. I pray to the gods I can make some kind of sense of this when we get back.

As an additional note, Tommy Dreamer has not exactly accomplished a whole hell of a lot in his role as commissioner for the evening. I think he brought a bunch of prospective matches to that one guy, the one who looks like a knockoff Patton Oswalt. So theoretically all these matches are because of him I guess.

We're back. I don't know who's in the ring right now because Commentary is busy talking about other things.

Alisha being dominated by Tenille Dashwood

Alisha tagged Jordynne Grace, who is now legal and fighting Kimber Lee.

I'm trying to look these names up as they happen.

Jazz is in.

Commentary has no clue who is legal at this moment. Great. They're doing worse than I am.

I don't think the concept of "legal" really applies right now in the match. Stuff is just happening.

Susan is yelling at her own partners, everybody. Like six women in the ring. Now I guess things are back under control and we're back to two in the ring.

Jazz gets the submission, makes Kimber Lee tap with the STF. Decent length match compared to some tonight.

Ace Austin is doing an interview. He's X division champion which is news to me!

He's happy he won at the PPV. He has a really tall guy next to him.

Ace Austin reminds me of a dollar store Ricky Starks.

Chris Bey is here to say he won a match against Ace Austin last tuesbay. He said it, not me.

Ace Austin wants his many challengers (there are a few now) to get in line and wait. One guy actually did step away, what a geek.

Twitch is running the Scott Steiner promo. I can't even be upset, I'd listen to this a million more times.

reignofevil fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Mar 17, 2021

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
We're back. "Scott" I think is the patton oswalt looking guy. I guess we're supposed to feel some kinda way about him putting tommy dreamer in charge for the night.

Main event time.

Sami Callihan versus Trey Miguel- very fast start to this one

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume Don didn't mean Iron Sheik, but Kenny's uncle and Don's mentor who also did a Sheik gimmick.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

I assume Don didn't mean Iron Sheik, but Kenny's uncle and Don's mentor who also did a Sheik gimmick.

This is probably true! I think I got confused on this one.

Trey Miguel fucks around and taunts his opponent when he probably should be beating up Sami Callihan.

Someone put someone in the boston crab but it was outside the ring, then we went to commercial.

Okay they're in the ring now. We're having a match. Trey was getting beat a bunch around the ring.

Okay we're back outside the ring again. Pressing Trey's ankle up against the ringpost.

Sami wants to punish Trey. I guess because Trey doesn't have enough passion.

Trey is just getting absolutely murdered here. He's rolling around in pain because his ankle hurts and he's getting tossed around.

Commentary is clarifying that toe-holds are painful and that they feel real real bad.

Sami puts Trey into a boston crab in the top corner turnbuckle using the ropes as leverage.

Trey got himself some space, trying to make a comeback.

Trey's ankle is just absolutely hosed. He does a lot of high flying stuff but with no ankle he's just getting torn apart.

Trey rolls through and does a double stomp, commercial time.

reignofevil fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Mar 17, 2021

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

the boston crab in the ropes looked cool

Matt Striker is literally incomprehensible

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have had a really really bad day and I have to take some time and effort to post to say Sami Callihan loving SUCKS and goddamn I hate him so much.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

well if you're lucky it looks like he might melt into a puddle during this match

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Exchange of blows. Trey seems to have gotten his ankle mostly back in order.

Trey making a firey comeback, doing top rope stuff. Didn't pay off.

Sami just punched him.

If this wasn't a wrestling match but was any other sport where Trey was getting his rear end beat this hard and he was so clearly unable to defend himself I would just call the match and get him medical help.

Trey is still fighting though, even if it's mostly not working. So the match continues.

reignofevil fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 17, 2021

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sami Callihan is a Hot Topic Oompa Loompa worthless gently caress with a stupid voice, a stupid gimmick, and even stupider nicknames, The Draw is literally the stupidest nickname of all time and doesn't fit his gimmick at all

Sami Callihan is what you get if Thrasher from the Headbangers thought he was Jon Moxley

loving poo poo-rear end poo poo

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Sami Callihan is a Hot Topic Oompa Loompa worthless gently caress with a stupid voice, a stupid gimmick, and even stupider nicknames, The Draw is literally the stupidest nickname of all time and doesn't fit his gimmick at all

Sami Callihan is what you get if Thrasher from the Headbangers thought he was Jon Moxley

loving poo poo-rear end poo poo

I think it's very kind of you not to draw comparison with Baron Corbin back when he had longer hair.

Commentary pointing out that in a boxing match you would have more rules protecting you from concussions than we have here in impact apparently. Talking about "Rabbit punches"

Trey makes it to the ropes with his ankle.

We're outside the ring again. Bleh.

Now Sami is talking to the camera when he should be beating up Trey. Trey uses this opportunity to jump on him.

I think these morons are going to accidentally get themselves counted out.

reignofevil fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 17, 2021

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

reignofevil posted:

I think it's very kind of you not to draw comparison with Baron Corbin back when he had longer hair.

Commentary pointing out that in a boxing match you would have more rules protecting you from concussions than we have here in impact apparently. Talking about "Rabbit punches"

Trey makes it to the ropes with his ankle.

We're outside the ring again. Bleh.

I think Matt Striker and D'Lo putting over Sami just makes me want to kill something that much more

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
By some miracle they both ended up back in the ring. The ref is checking on Trey to make sure he's okay. Trey did some kinda move and commentary doesn't know what the gently caress it's called and neither do I.

Sami wins with some kinda top rope piledriver.

Commentary calling it a package piledriver. The move looks fine but I guess this means Trey really is a gigantic fuckin' loser. Like Sami said he "didn't have passion" so he elected to beat Trey's rear end for it, and then he proceeded to beat Trey's rear end for it really bad. And it's at least partially Trey's own fault! And Trey did a really cool move that probably should have ended the match so that maybe he WOULDN'T look like a gigantic loving loser.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

reignofevil posted:

By some miracle they both ended up back in the ring. The ref is checking on Trey to make sure he's okay. Trey did some kinda move and commentary doesn't know what the gently caress it's called and neither do I.

Sami wins with some kinda top rope piledriver.

It was a package piledriver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Overall this episode kept my attention, I'm excited to see Rich Swann try and do stuff or talk about stuff next week. It'd be nice if the other matches had gotten a little more time to breath and the tommy dreamer and scott stuff could have been entirely cut with no actual "impact" on the overall show.