Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I figured this would be an ok place to ask: Is it really stupid to get carpeting put in if the budget can stretch enough to get vinyl plank flooring?

I've seen that the planks last much much longer, are easier to clean, improve the resale value of the home... I just don't think I like em! I prefer going barefoot at home and I hate the idea of putting my feet down on cold hardwood flooring in Michigan winters, the dog and cat are not gonna enjoy running around the den or down the hallway (the dog already somewhat avoids the kitchen), and I don't like the idea of getting down on a hard floor to play with them either. And yet everything I read and all my family's advice is that I'm being stupid to consider wasting money on carpeting rather than spend 2-3x the price on hardwood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU