Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink
I like the tile on the back wall. From a practical perspective, the shower will need to be tiled anyways, so it would make sense to tile the back wall. Otherwise, you’d have one tile on the sink wall & then something else in the shower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

AFewBricksShy posted:

I’m pretty sure the other walls will just be the off white tile.

I somehow missed that the off-white in the post was also tile.

Still think the darker on the back wall makes the most impact.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink
So, I’m a visual for Bassett & we just updated our solid wood dining line with some new tables.

You can do this one with the live edge or a regular straight edge. Comes in maple or oak & your choice of finish.

https://www.bassettfurniture.com/DZ4021-K7840LLE

Also have a metal base with solid wood top, but it runs closer to $3500 because it uses a thicker top. Same deal, maple or oak & same finish choices.

https://www.bassettfurniture.com/DZ4021-K9042B

I don’t think you can do a lot of customization online (we just aren’t set up for that yet), but if you have a store or dealer nearby you can order through them.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

Anonymous Zebra posted:

Hello all, Queen Victorian pointed me to this thread based on a post I made in the home ownership thread. I've quoted the post below.

She seemed to have some criticism of the kitchen pictured, but didn't go into them there. Realize I'm a complete newbie at design and decoration, so be gentle with me.

There were a lot of choices made in that kitchen. It looks like they were going for an old farmhouse look with all of the brick & that sink (which by the way is a giant apron sink).

Counters are granite. Backsplash is a brick veneer. Oven looks like a real vintage oven, but there are a few companies that make fake ones. Flooring looks like brick.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink
You need to paint your ceiling light blue, Sherwin Williams’ Atmospheric looks great on porch ceilings.

Is this just a southern thing? I’ve seen so many blue porch ceilings in my lifetime.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink
There are a lot of different types of performance fabric, some easier to clean than others. Make sure wherever you bought it from gives you the actual cleaning instructions & know that spot cleaning will probably leave water rings. Better to remove the dirty casing & clean the whole thing.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

kreeningsons posted:

And I don’t know what kind of step up transformer I’ll need.

We just use standard Euro>US converter plugs for the Italian lamps in our showroom (work for an Italian furniture manufacturer).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink
Assuming you’re looking for more modern styles, do you have a Natuzzi store or dealer near you?

Full disclosure, I work in merchandising for the American team. But we have two brands that both have some unique styles. We aren’t as widespread in the US, so I rarely see our name come up as options for upholstery.

Italia is all made in Italy & has some very unique styles. We do stock our best sellers in one or two covers in the states, so if one of those options work for you, you could have a sofa in a few weeks.

The Editions brand is mostly made in Asia & is a little less European, but super comfortable.