Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Are any of those surfaces safe to clean via wet mop, and/or Murphy's Oil Soap?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Is there such thing as a round, glass-top table, either a coffee table or small table for dining, that has a bottom layer which allows you to insert something under the glass?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

If there's a name or term to help with searching I'd love to know what it is.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Thanks!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

actionjackson posted:

sirotan is some sort of tapestry expert i would pm him if he doesn't reply

pm her

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Would this be the right thread for furniture appraisal?

My parents got married in 1969 and either later that year, or the next year they were gifted a pair of Queen Anne chairs, one is a wingback and the other is similar but not wingbacked so I guess it's an armchair? Anyway the wingback is similar to this (and the other has a curved back sans wings):

Dad doesn't want these chairs any more, he's interested in getting a new La-Z-Boy and he wants to sell these to pay for it. I offered to buy them and he said he'd love to see them stay in the family. What would be a good way to find out their ballpark venue? I want to give him a fair price.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I can look for tags or any labeling next time I'm there. They've been reupholstered a few times over the decades so it could be that the tags are long gone. My dad might know when they were made though.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Would this be the right thread for furniture appraisal?

My parents got married in 1969 and either later that year, or the next year they were gifted a pair of Queen Anne chairs, one is a wingback and the other is similar but not wingbacked so I guess it's an armchair? Anyway the wingback is similar to this (and the other has a curved back sans wings):

Dad doesn't want these chairs any more, he's interested in getting a new La-Z-Boy and he wants to sell these to pay for it. I offered to buy them and he said he'd love to see them stay in the family. What would be a good way to find out their ballpark venue? I want to give him a fair price.

Anne Whateley posted:

Like $20-100 probably. Do you have any reason to think they were exceptional at the time vs. being mass-produced? You mean they were made around 1970, right, not given to them as antiques?

The style isn't widely popular now (which is what's driving the value of MCM) and you can find tons of it on craigslist or facebook marketplace, more in the last couple years due to the increased rate of dead grandmas. Sorry.

If my assumptions are incorrect, you could flip them over and look for a maker, and/or take them to a furniture appraiser / antiques dealer.

Thanks to Anne Whateley and everyone else who chimed in. I had lunch with my dad today and asked him when the chairs were made, he says late 19th or early 20th century, they had previously belonged to his then-boss's mother in law. However, in addition to being reupholstered they've also had some (or maybe all?) of the legs replaced. Should I have an appraiser look at them?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

From randomwaffle.gbs.fm:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Your floor joists intact?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Is there a proper name for the type of sectional sofa where each "seat" is an individual piece? I'm thinking about getting one but all the pieces must fit through a relatively narrow doorway.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Will do, although I'm looking for cheap and I'm okay with lovely - if all goes well I'll only have/use it for a few months.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Put in the groverhaus windows

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

KillHour posted:

Where do I get high quality California King blankets and comforters that won't fall apart or be uncomfortable?

I really like mine but the thread also hated it when I posted it last time so

You might try asking in the mattress megathread, the resident expert Synastren can probably make some good recommendations though he sometimes takes a couple days or so to respond.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I used to unzip the cushion covers and put them through the laundry, but that was it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Have you found a stupid, wagon-wheel, Roy-Rogers, garage-sale coffee table?