Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Drew Brees is going to retire to walk the Cursed Earth and bring law to the lawless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I mean, I know the Saints roster is turbofucked with bad contracts up and down because Mickey Loomis is absolute dogshit at math, and Brees is retiring, but they cannot truly be serious about Taysom Hill being QB1 from here on out, can they?

They don't have the means to trade for someone like Stafford or Watson, so if Hill isn't the guy, what the hell do they do? Jameis isn't coming back, and even if he was, LOL, but man alive, did nobody in that front office even consider drafting or obtaining an heir apparent to Brees for the last 5-6 seasons?

A buddy of mine who is a level headed, diehard Saints fan suggests that they were going to draft Mahomes several years ago prior to Reid trading up to get him, but I don't know the legitimacy of that statement, and even if it's true, it's water under the bridge.