Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Puppy Time posted:

Necromancying this thread to rec a couple of analog horror series!

I just watched this one last night: Winter of '83. It's very low budget and a bit cheesy but quite good structurally and generally a fun time. Makes good use of a variety of media types, which I always appreciate in these shows.

I've been following the Monument Mythos for a while and it's also a lot of fun. Extremely creepy and surreal alt-history involving horrible abominations inside various US monuments, and the unsettling and awful things that happen to people who came into contact with them. There's a lot of interesting connections among the different stories, and they cover a lot wider period of history than the usual 80s-90s analog horror.

Monument mythos is pretty solid so far, thanks for the bump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Youtube channel 'British Cryptids' has a shameful lack of subscribers considering how good it is. It's a string of video's from a fake 1970's documentary about mysterious British animals.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Puppy Time posted:

Necromancying this thread to rec a couple of analog horror series!

I just watched this one last night: Winter of '83. It's very low budget and a bit cheesy but quite good structurally and generally a fun time. Makes good use of a variety of media types, which I always appreciate in these shows.

I've been following the Monument Mythos for a while and it's also a lot of fun. Extremely creepy and surreal alt-history involving horrible abominations inside various US monuments, and the unsettling and awful things that happen to people who came into contact with them. There's a lot of interesting connections among the different stories, and they cover a lot wider period of history than the usual 80s-90s analog horror.

I've not heard of Winter of 83, but Monument Mythos is pretty fantastic. I hope there is a video explaining what exactly was James Dean.

It hasn't updated in a while but there's some good content on Minevera Alliance. It seems like its kind of like an SCP style organization
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2ZQlG5nuexztrnqS2X5Ajw