Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That seems sketch as gently caress - and then I am now reading Shopify is like, COOL - this is a GREAT idea.

https://www.shopify.com/blog/dropshipping-guide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Any suggestions for painting a tray ceiling or not? I am leaning towards a lightish/medium blue for our accent wall with the TV on it and there's a tray ceiling above. Should I match the colour? Do something complimentary? Leave it alone? I am weirdly so nervous about it. :lol: And I know I can just repaint it but a ceiling is a PITA.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

actionjackson posted:

painting a ceiling sounds terrible, do you have any pics of it right now?

Still being built and i'll get a better picture this weekend of the entire wall but here is the area:

On the right will be tv wall that I want blue and obv above is the tray.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

actionjackson posted:

I think you really need to wait until the room is done, and you have your furniture in there. Then decide on wall paint. Then after that is done, decide on the ceiling. Are you able to leave the ceiling unfinished prior to that?

I can probably leave the ceiling unpainted but as you mentioned - it'll be a bitch so id rather a pro do it. I'll think it over - once more is done i'll use the Sherwin Williams colour tool - it overlays things on there.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Our guy is gonna let us just slap the paint on the walls and let us see what works best. He's really good. :)

I was more talking about if painting it is even recommended or just leave it as the base colour all the walls will be.

PS if you're interested here are the colours i've chosen right now and im gonna go get samples to put on.

Whites
========
Arcade White - SW7100
Greek Villa - SW7551
Ice Cube - SW6252
Zircon - SW7667
High Reflective White - SW7757

Blues
=======
Swimming - SW6764
Moonmist - SW9144
Sleepy Hollow - SW9145
Undercool - SW6957

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

actionjackson posted:

yep, though I don't think showing through should be an issue if you use the proper number of coats. The paint samples I did in my bathroom are not visible at all underneath the paint I chose. I would definitely paint samples directly on the wall if possible.

you're going to notice an enormous difference between the last two just because of the vastly different light reflective values. Zircon is 59, which is just a bit above average. High reflective white is 93, which is REALLY high - this is something I see on the walls of modern furniture stores, along with very bright lighting.

The more natural light your room takes in, the lower LRV you're going to want. I would start with those two, and ice cube since it's in the 70s. You should also setup the lighting you plan to have in the room if possible, as that will change how the paint looks at night of course.

This is an insanely detailed post and I wish I could bring you along when we pick colours. :aaa:

Thank you! I will nix the last white - I thought it was just the name. :3:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Do y'all like the Hue background lighting setups?

Folks seem to love getting backlighting for their tvs and computers, and even have corner lights. They sync the hue lighting up with the movie, as the color changes during the movie, the background colors change accordingly.

Seems distracting more than anything else.

I use some lights that plug into a USB slot on my tv and have 3m tape to go around the back around the edges of my tv. It's REALLY good for your eyes and is a cheap solution to getting deeper blacks as it tricks your eyes (cheap as in not needing to buy an OLED screen for the best blacks).

I have this: Luminoodle
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07RP1DR7Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The colours changing with the movie is dumb tho.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I think we picked that exact vinyl plank grey. :lol:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

For all the walls we went with Greek Villa

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW7551-greek-villa

Our accent wall in the living room will be Faded Flaxflower

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW9146

Our bedroom we are doing Downing Slate behind the bed's wall

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW2819-downing-slate

Did a test yesterday on the wall and it looked nice to me.

Cabinets are these, brown on the bottom, the lighter colour on top:

We didn't get that quartz and upgraded to one that looks more marbley since I didn't like the nougat look.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That painting has seen some poo poo

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jimmy Fallon's 3 story apartment is up for sale if you got $15 million laying around.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/jimmy-fallons-nyc-apartment-is-absolutely-unreal-and-its
https://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sales/detail/180-l-1178-gx7cy5/34-gramercy-park-east-phb-downtown-manhattan-new-york-ny-10003

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What a deal!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I thought those chairs were for people to watch the loving.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's nice to be RICH.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

theflyingexecutive posted:

In my $15,000,000 NYC penthouse, eating loving spaghetti-os and $1/box lasagna noodles. I unironically love the couch with the square footage of my apartment.

It’s Jimmy Fallons place hehe

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I just buy a million Bath and Body Works foaming soaps cause the scents are so loving strong and good (to me). :lol:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wracking our brains trying to figure out what to put in the middle of our living area between the kitchen and tv area. Just a rug? Another table? No idea. Was hoping to see what you all think.

Apologies about the mess and poo poo rear end curtains in the big window (they were used in our apartment we lived in for a year) - we just moved in and are figuring things out. We are eventually going to get a nice entertaininment area for the tv and I need to put the tv on the wall when that comes up. I know my wife wants a bar cart near the fridge but that middle area is bugging us.

Crude floor plan:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Here's the floor plan, hehe.

The bottom center area is just the hallway leading to our rooms and bathroom. As you can see it's about 33' by roughly 20 feet of area to fill up.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Thanks everyone - I am gonna take all these ideas and brainstorm a bit. <3

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol: Art(se) :cheeky:

The couch is roughly 10' wide by 8' at the longest point - the chaise part is about 6' out.

Our replacement stove came in today and the delivery guys said they aren't qualified to remove gas lines so I have a stove just sitting in the spot where the red thing is right now, haha.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

actionjackson you're incredible, thank you.

We are going to be calling in someone to get a quote for blinds very soon. Debating sheer shades or saving a bit of money with larger and nicer looking curtains.

The stand the tv is on definitley temporary too and was something in my wifes room. We used the Lack tv stand at our apartment but that would have been even smaller. The Besta TV setups at Ikea are really good IMO and there's also some great stuff on Wayfair we're looking at.

A good rug will help tie the room together though... we need a bunch though. I think that is next on our list as there's a lot of echo.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

We've been debating hiring one just to get some ideas. Checking out rugs of that size though - you're right, really expensive so a little bit of saving needs to be done. I think we need to setup a spending plan cause we also want to get some pedestals for our washer+dryer and those are $300 each.

Sometimes I wonder why we do this to ourselves. :lol:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Found those pedestals on FB Marketplace for $270/pair - that's a steal IMO. Matches too. I did the measurement and it adds 14.7" and that's a drat huge lift. My wife's back will be happy lol She played rugby and gets all hosed up sometimes.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, that looks perfectly fine. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I do like those posts but I wish you could use timg as it makes scrolling a pain. :3:

I really appreciate the effort though!!