Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Ya Got?
This poll is closed.
Buccaneers - Bills 35 21.88%
Chiefs - Packers 43 26.88%
Packers - Bills 72 45.00%
Buccaneers - Chiefs 10 6.25%
Total: 160 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bills fans are invading the Chiefs forums saying Buffalo Wings are better than BBQ just keeping you all up to date on the news/views.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

Bills fans are invading the Chiefs forums saying Buffalo Wings are better than BBQ just keeping you all up to date on the news/views.

They're right

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

hobbesmaster posted:

Counting out touchdown Tom is how you ensure he’ll win!

This is why I'm counting out Aaron Rodgers. He already choked hard once against the Bucs, he's going to do it again!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

kiimo posted:

They're both delicious. This is one thing we need to come together as a nation on.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

They're right

I'm not disagreeing I am just saying this smack week is starting off on the right foot. That and both fanbases calling the other ones inbred

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Yeah, you can have buffalo wings AND barbecue. In fact, I believe it is the secret to dying happy.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Its the secret to dying early, at least

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Spoeank posted:

Its the secret to dying early, at least

A lot of people would have died happier if they died ten years ago instead of right now.

Makes you think.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

I'm not disagreeing I am just saying this smack week is starting off on the right foot. That and both fanbases calling the other ones inbred

Its the kind of drama I'm here for

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I would choose wings over ribs at a bar 9 times out of 10.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That's because good wings can be made anywhere but good ribs on the other hand...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
60% chance of snow in Green Bay this weekend. Not sure if this is bad for Brady or not because he’s the best bad weather Qb of all time but the rest of his team is used to playing in loving Florida.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Mahomes' has quickly turned into one of my hated players

His State Farm ads are a war crime

All State farm ads are garbage. It’s not like he wrote them. This year’s batch is slightly better than last year’s at least. Remember how that man didn’t know there can be multiple types of agents?!? :haw:

Nov 6, 2002

quote:

The Saints have won 49 regular-season games in the last four years, the most wins in a four-year span by a team that failed to reach a Super Bowl, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pops Mgee posted:

All State farm ads are garbage. It’s not like he wrote them. This year’s batch is slightly better than last year’s at least. Remember how that man didn’t know there can be multiple types of agents?!? :haw:

Rodgers really was a dick to the guy that was responsible for getting him millions and millions of dollars and just happened to be kinda weird and neurotic and generally just seemed to want approval from others.

Nov 6, 2002

State Farm's ads are really frustrating. God knows how much money they're spending on two of the biggest sports names in the country just to put them in the dumbest, most unfunny commercials possible. Please spend a little more on writers!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It doesn't help that the pandemic has limited filming on commercial sets greatly. If you have a commercial in the can just run it again and again.

I'd love if Pat stopped filming any of those annoying commercials. The only good ones are the ones with Polamalu

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

It doesn't help that the pandemic has limited filming on commercial sets greatly. If you have a commercial in the can just run it again and again.

I'd love if Pat stopped filming any of those annoying commercials. The only good ones are the ones with Polamalu

His Hyvee ads are WAAAAAAAAY worse

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm thankfully spared the local commercials in Los Angeles

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'll bring up the thing that I bring up every time someone talks about hating an insurance company ad: it's just to put the company in your brain! That's all that matters! You can't market insurance in a useful way except "saves money" so insurance companies do whatever they can to get into your brain by other means. That's why all the insurance commercials are lovely and stupid! It gets people to go "wow this State Farm commercial is stupid!"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have a degree in advertising and can confirm that brand awareness is #1 and achieving that by any means necessary is the goal. However there is a point of annoyance where people will specifically not buy your product out of hatred.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

State Farm's ads are really frustrating. God knows how much money they're spending on two of the biggest sports names in the country just to put them in the dumbest, most unfunny commercials possible. Please spend a little more on writers!

So with a company the size of statefarm and an ad budget that can afford those two, those two ads are workshopped to the nth degree.

Rest assured that what you see is what a bajillion dollar consulting firm has figured out the most people will find funny/appealing while alienating the fewest number of people.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

FizFashizzle posted:

So with a company the size of statefarm and an ad budget that can afford those two, those two ads are workshopped to the nth degree.

Rest assured that what you see is what a bajillion dollar consulting firm has figured out the most people will find funny/appealing while alienating the fewest number of people.

A lot of really accomplished and allegedly qualified people thought New Coke would be a good idea.

Nov 6, 2002

I don't care what people say, I think Progressive's anti-parent campaign is great.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

FizFashizzle posted:

If its a one off ad, sure

Not when you see the same poo poo every third advert

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
edit* wrong thread

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Deshaun in Atlanta may be good given the weapons he'd have but Matt Ryan was good enough and made it to 1 superbowl before they decided not to ever do it again because of the embarrassment on the national stage. I'm surprised Atlanta hasn't been as good given they had some really solid players.

Good luck Fiz.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 18, 2021

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Gatts posted:

Deshaun in Atlanta may be good given the weapons he'd have but Matt Ryan was good enough and made it to 1 superbowl before they decided not to ever do it again because of the embarrassment on the national stage. I'm surprised Atlanta hasn't been as good given they had some really solid players.

Matt ryan is unmoveable.

No one is taking him at his contract.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
edit* wrong thread

im doing great today

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

FizFashizzle posted:

edit* wrong thread

im doing great today

lol, good luck Fiz. Hope you get if it's what you want.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Spoeank posted:

I'll bring up the thing that I bring up every time someone talks about hating an insurance company ad: it's just to put the company in your brain! That's all that matters! You can't market insurance in a useful way except "saves money" so insurance companies do whatever they can to get into your brain by other means. That's why all the insurance commercials are lovely and stupid! It gets people to go "wow this State Farm commercial is stupid!"

Geico ads are decent to good though.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Hard to believe this one was 15 years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H02iwWCrXew

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

FizFashizzle posted:

edit* wrong thread

LOL

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
State farm has made a grand total of ONE decent commercial in the last 20 years and it’s the one with the creepy fisherman that says
:shepface: “I got ya a dollar”

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I don't care what people say, I think Progressive's anti-parent campaign is great.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

kiimo posted:

What about BBQ wings that are grilled on the char pit? A compromise.

I have had BBQ in Nashville and in Texas and they are both great for different reasons. The best wings are definitely in Buffalo. I like food, food is good.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Wings are great but easy to make and the secret is in the sauce since they are vehicles for sauce or rub. BBQ is harder to do right, takes skill and management and investment of time. I'd give the edge to BBQ because when it's good, it's great and can also be a vehicle for sauce and BBQ can include wings. I'd argue wings can be a subset of BBQ. It is inclusive.

In conclusion, KC and Bills fans should hug each other and sing kumbaya around a campfire and BBQing some wings.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Wings should be smoked or not served.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This would be HUGE!

https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/1351261227771711489?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL