Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Ya Got?
This poll is closed.
Buccaneers - Bills 35 21.88%
Chiefs - Packers 43 26.88%
Packers - Bills 72 45.00%
Buccaneers - Chiefs 10 6.25%
Total: 160 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This is what it's all about folks

The big prize.

The reason for all those hard, grueling days of work

The Championship Trophy

Sunday

3pm Buccaneers @ Packers
6:30 Bills @ Chiefs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Picturing a bunch of assistant coaches holding up stopwatches on a zoom stream.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, Ingram is gonna be a 32 year old running back at a position that mostly is toast at age 28.

Considering what he can probably give you, you'd probably rather have a random warm body late in the draft, because those guys will at least play special teams.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Strobe posted:

Do people actually think that concussion protocol just stops happening if the team tries to say it was something else? It started the minute Mahomes came off the field and it isn't stopping until he clears it.

Yes. Why does the NFL deserve any benefit of the doubt at all here?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cavauro posted:

are you allowed to re-structure someone's contract over like 20 years after they stop playing to alleviate cap and just pay them really low amounts in each new year to show up but not play? i didn't consider whether or not this could possibly do anything to help. i'm just going straight to asking the question. thank you

5 years max per the cba.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/RGIII/status/1351314625451728898

RGIII, FedEx Field January 3, 2013.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jan 19, 2021

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

2020 PFWA ALL-NFL TEAM posted:

PR – Gunner Olszewski, New England Patriots

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The best wings are on Hulu

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/NFLFilms/status/1351655485808779266

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/qWvQvus.mp4

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

I mean Kurt Warner was good but :lol: check out Nick Foles. Weirdest goddamned career.

Kaep looking good in playoff charting too.

Look at all those tiny dots orbitting a sun.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Kaep crashed so hard that he never made the playoffs once he became bad. So it's all just clowning on the Packers, forever

Just one of the funniest highlight packages to rewatch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rHWeDOJYDM

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

He had his chance. Anyone part of 28-3 doesn't ever deserve a ring.

I mean, he did make a loving insane catch that in any normal world ices that game. Just... man, what happened next

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSirjCbbP1c

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

Honestly if you were going to do a reclamation project on Haskins I couldn't really think of a better coach than Tomlin to do it.

Pretty much, and he's not going to cost anything, and it's not like it'll be hard to be better then Mason Rudolph.

They had Paxton Lynch too right?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Never said it was good for the Packers, he's obviously a really good player and getting someone back like that is gonna help but I don't expect him to have a significant impact given the circumstances, especially if he's going to be on limited snaps and the fact that they beat an arguably better defense last week, but if I'm wrong then I'm wrong :shrug:

A guy coming back from ankle surgery 3 months ago is just a little different then a guy who busted his ribs literally the previous game.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nodoze posted:

The Patriots were better without Matt Patricia and hes a gross dipshit so I'm disappointed he is coming back

Yeah, if he ends up ahead of Jerod Mayo I'll be upset, but he did first develop the gameplan that stopped the '18 Rams offense, so if he's in a lesser role, then whatever.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Professor Funk posted:

Hiring McCown would be pretty fun in a bunch of ways but I think this is spot on:

https://twitter.com/fourverts/status/1352734559444611073?s=21

I get bringing in un-qualified guys to pick their brains and see where the future of the league is going. Doesn't cost anything to interview someone. That's how you find guys like McVay. I'd also respect that excuse more if those guys being brought in were less white overall then the hires.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

You're thinking of the Bears. The '18 Lions got stomped 30-16 by the Rams.

It failed because he's not a great coach and had lovely players. But he's the first guy to slow down the Rams offense. The Bears then did it with good players and the Pats built off of that. Like the game was 16-13 until the Rams scored 2 touchdowns late in the 4th.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nodoze posted:

That was his first year with the Lions, that was Flores and Bill. His last gameplan was "get torched by Nick Foles"

This:

DariusLikewise posted:

Patricia was the first to play 3 levels of zone because essentially every play McVay was sending Cooks deep and Kupp/Woods underneath or mid-range. The Bears did the 6-1 thing first to stop zone runs though, Gurley essentially won the game against the Lions himself because Patricia couldn't stop him.

Then the Patriots built off that work and the most boring Superbowl happened.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fartknocker posted:

Watson will be traded to Green Bay because of his father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate spent a night there in July 2004 and thought it wasn’t bad.

In this example Lone Star is being played by Nick Caserio smashing the hell out of that Self Destruct button.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zg-MhEXb4c

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Trying to imagine the only starter returning to the NFC North next year being Trubisky and now I need a drink

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There's no way to make the NFL pro bowl good, but at least the poo poo like dodgeball or kickers playing horse was fun.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

really queer Christmas posted:

It's really really hard to win a super bowl even with a stacked team, if only because you need everything to go right all the time. One key injury at the worst time? An unlucky fumble? A missed kick? A double doink? Eli manning? Any one of those things can happen to the best possible team and then they lose.

Yeah, it's why the NFL playoffs are so good. They should get rid of the bye weeks so it becomes even more chaotic.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A small field, all the offensive linemen, the kick returner. The world's most intense game of smear the uh, word we shouldn't say anymore.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, the buccs had both starting safeties go out.

Seems bad against the Chiefs.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Magicpants posted:

i like where your head's at, I would just like to offer one little tweak: everyone is naked and covered in oil

Definitely need some american gladiators type stuff, but I don't know where you get a bunch of dudes who are bigger and more intimidating then football player sized dudes are to be the gladiators.

Maybe the players are the gladiators and you bring in lucky fans to get smeared into paste with giant foam paddles?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

2021 Pro Bowl: Hard Gay

This is me looking him up to see what that guy's been up to and finding out his full stage name is Razor Ramon Hard Gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

When you have a type

https://twitter.com/JeffSkversky/status/1353700735490400256