Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatchedB52
May 28, 2021
Having attempted and failed to play through this train wreck four times myself, I salute you. Technical issues aside, the story made me gag too many times to keep going on. You have an iron will!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
...There's so much to say about the final chapter that I dont' even know how to begim! Roxanne really did save the absolute worse for last!!

"Yes Elminster, my son, I intentionally delayed my chase of Baahl so that he could rape your wife, who literally gave birth a few days ago. It will be important in the future. By future I mean, in eight to ten years time, where you'll suddenly be a thousand years old"

I have to say congratulations Vichan, you're probably the only human who has ever managed to complete this saga. I'd like to wonder if someone had the courage to interview this talented artist and to inquire into why the hell she thought this final part was good or at all necessary.

This was the absolute worst of the worst. Even I'm exausted, I can't imagine how you feel!

CremePudding
Oct 30, 2011
I wonder if this last chapter is a cry for help from Roxanne, what with the constant prompt to retcon Sandrah out of existence :v:

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
After six weeks I finished binging this thread, and it was a real joy. Huge props for finishing this, as a mod it was awful but as a thread it was greatly entertaining. Don't think I'll ever forget 'quick and quickest' or 'besta friend', hihi.

Cuazl
Mar 19, 2009
You've the fortitude of a saint, OP. BG2 was something of a formative experience for a surprising number of people, so it's been... interesting... to see the sheer amount of lopsided effort that one crazy lady poured into completely ruining it with sex crimes and awful characterisation. I'd thank you for the ride, but it feels a bit like applauding someone for public self-harm, so instead I'll say this: You did it. You won. You've probably saved at least one person from terrible, terrible suffering. And you never have to do it again. Rejoice.

On a slight tangent, though... your namesake CHARNAME. Was there any sort of epilogue showing him returning to himself? Should we take that to mean that he's still Midnight? Sandrah did say that this whole story would cost you your self-identity. She didn't say you'd get it back.

Did Sandrah kill you by turning you into her grandma?

Because that's a hell of a punchline.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Cuazl posted:

On a slight tangent, though... your namesake CHARNAME. Was there any sort of epilogue showing him returning to himself? Should we take that to mean that he's still Midnight? Sandrah did say that this whole story would cost you your self-identity. She didn't say you'd get it back.

Did Sandrah kill you by turning you into her grandma?

Considering that I ran into a bug where Vichan would die before switching to Midnight: Yes, that's exactly what happened.

I want to thank everyone for the kind words, they're much appreciated! :)

I'm currently going through the archiving guidelines so I can officially shelve this thing and be done with it. The OP might need some touching up and I'm debating whether or not to switch to Roman numerals for the chapters because using the terms 'chapter' and 'addendum' just isn't pretentious enough, you know? (Also it helps preserve the numbering)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
Vichan, you're an absolute legend. I've been reading from the first day this was posted. What a long and crazy path it's been.