Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Black Robe posted:

This leap of logic stands out a bit. What would a healer be doing in a whorehouse? Either healing someone or getting laid, would be my guess. Or both, if he's efficient, or creative about his payment scheme. I'm not sure why that's apparently suspicious.

I think the line mostly exists to guide you to the Undercellar in case you didn't get the scoop from Tamoko. Who is easy to miss and might be mistrusted by anyone recognizing her from the last time you met:

Also if the healer was doing moderately shady stuff instead of super shady stuff, he could have just used the customer entrance instead of the sewer one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Midnight Voyager posted:

Oh no, that's always fantastic. "I have no more content with you, so you are garbage." Dump em in the bin. What do you mean a player might still want the person around???

PS: There are people on the Beamdog forums thanking you for saving them from considering this mod, Vichan.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64857/sandrah-saga-for-eet/p12

I have an unhealthy urge to find out if Roxanne had started to badmouth this thread, but I'm not going anywhere near her forums.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Midnight Voyager posted:

Oh no, that's always fantastic. "I have no more content with you, so you are garbage." Dump em in the bin. What do you mean a player might still want the person around???

PS: There are people on the Beamdog forums thanking you for saving them from considering this mod, Vichan.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64857/sandrah-saga-for-eet/p12

As it turns out this LP shows up on the first page if you Google search Sandrah Saga. :cripes: I guess it's only a matter of time till Roxanne gets wind of it.

The last BG1 chapter will probably be extremely short, I probably should've included the last 10 or so screenshots from the previous chapter but oh well. I'm going to check if different party combinations will lead to different interjections and then we're finally done.

EDIT:

While bringing characters to the final confrontation Isra turned out to have a banter with Sandrah. I'm adding it to the previous chapter as it fits better there.

Vichan fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Mar 1, 2021

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vichan posted:

As it turns out this LP shows up on the first page if you Google search Sandrah Saga. :cripes: I guess it's only a matter of time till Roxanne gets wind of it.

The last BG1 chapter will probably be extremely short, I probably should've included the last 10 or so screenshots from the previous chapter but oh well. I'm going to check if different party combinations will lead to different interjections and then we're finally done.

EDIT:

While bringing characters to the final confrontation Isra turned out to have a banter with Sandrah. I'm adding it to the previous chapter as it fits better there.

She has a superiority complex vs an entire deity in relation to her loving everything. Of course.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Vichan posted:

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Chapter LXXIII - (Hiss) Try to become weak manling god must end like this. Commander wise not to choose such path, Vichan made to destroy gods rather than become useless one.

This is it, the final confrontation. And it only took us 73 chapters to get here.

Shar-Teel and Kivan will be joining us, they both have bones to pick with some of Sarevok's cronies. For completion's sake I will also be including other people's interjections but this is the 'canon' party.

Words of wisdom, but my path is set.

As it turns out there's an entire ruined city underneath Baldur's Gate.

Right you are, Jen'lig. :respek:

No, may the gods have mercy on Sarevok! :black101:

Thank you, Sandrah. It means a lot to have you sa-

Of course she wasn't talking to me. It's not like I'm the protagonist or anything...

Sandrah can't help but bring up Mystra whenever she can.

Several others also comment at this point. Honestly I expected more.

We're not the only ones hunting for Sarevok, it seems. The second encounter is vanilla, I have no idea what mod adds the first one.

We run into this guy for the third and final time, he joins the fray and is quickly dispatched.

Before we can begin to take out the rest Tamoko approaches us, we manage to avoid a fight with her at least.

That dialogue option at the end there is one of the messiest I've ever encountered. Well done, Roxanne.

Ominous.

Bringing Gavin along and he talks to us right before the battle. Yes, his goofy music is playing.

Semaj isn't even on screen yet and Jen'lig is already talking to him. Jen'lig automatically casts true seeing and charges them but we manage to click him back to the party.

Mystra's army, reporting for duty! :black101:

Angelo, Tazok and Semaj appear and the battle is joined.

They're quickly overwhelmed.

Semaj teleports south and is almost immediately gibbed by our party.

By the time I check back in on Sarevok it seems Tazok and Angelo have already fallen. The man himself is completely overwhelmed and dies soon afterwards with Lathander's Lightbringer delivering the finishing blow.

Poor Shar-Teel... :smith:

Sarevok lies dead but it seems like our tale is just beginning...

I tried bringing everyone I could think of to this point but these are the only characters who react.

Vichan's grown a lot since leaving Candlekeep.

So has Sandrah.

After collecting a nifty robe as well as the Silver Sword from Semaj's corpse the game fades to black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kxKZwzhzOA

And just like that we're done with Baldur's Gate I. It took 43 days, dozens upon dozens of hours and over 17.000 screenshots. Certain bugs threatened the continuation of this LP numerous times but we managed to make it through, overall I'm perplexed that a mod this large is this stable. I expected Sandrah to be much more involved as we confronted Sarevok which is why this chapter is so short.

I want to thank everyone for managing to make it this far along with me. :) Your replies were a joy to read and will be well appreciated in the future as we delve further into this clusterfuck of a mod. Aside from a sense of morbid curiosity I started this LP as a way to thank everyone over at the Stopping at Infinity thread for rekindling my interest for these games. Regardless of the mod's attempts to snuff said interest out again I'm sure I'll replay this game somewhere down the line, Sandrah Saga excluded.

Up next is Siege of Dragonspear. Since I'm sure a lot of you haven't played the Enhanced Editions let alone this expansion I'll be including a lot more story beats than usual. I've got one tiny little update planned but after that I'll be taking a break from all of this, at least for a couple of days.

Again, thank you all. I hope to see you all again next time! :wave:

Vichan fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Nov 7, 2021

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Thanks for doing this! You've inspired me to replay this old chestnut; I bought the Switch version, so it's vanilla all the way, which is kind of refreshing after seeing the abyss of what some mods can do. Sandrah trivializing the final encounter with all her bullshit is both completely appropriate and egregious; good call.

I've only played Siege of Dragonspear once, so I'm curious to see it again and how it may play out differently. There's a bunch of story triggers I missed that no one knew quite how to hit as I played. Plus what mod contest exists there, given that it is a much newer and shorter chapter of the story than the original trilogy.

Tamoko was probably my favorite aspect of the original main plot. Just a character intimately connected to the Sarevok side of the story, to hammer home that not being a villain is a legitimate choice.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

You've kept an impressive and occasionally worrying and painful pace through this thing. Some rest (and reprieve from Sandrah's bullshit) is well deserved.

I'm not sure how this mod can get worse from here, but i'm sure it will manage somehow. :imunfunny:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Congratulations! This has been an interesting train wreck to see.

I've never seen Siege of Dragonspear at all, so this will be all new for me.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Addendum II - Murderer! You will pay for this!

Before putting BG1 behind us there was one more thing I wanted to show you guys. We're going to have to rewind a bit for this.

Give the wrong answer to Brage and he attacks us, we follow him to the forest and cut him down.

This triggers a cutscene where Sandrah leaves the party, it lingers for quite a bit so she can get some free hits in.

:gonk:

Sandrah really is the Maryest of Sues. :allears:

Vichan fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 7, 2021

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
That. In BG1.

SHE'S TOTALLY NOT A MARY SUE YOU GUYS!

(Also, I can confirm that Valerie does not react in the Undercity. Blame her talk with the PC that can trigger after Candlekeep where she's starting to develop a drinking problem because she's realized the scope of what the party is up against)

Lysan Lurraxol
Jun 27, 2013
Still, the player can definitely play evil with Sandrah in the party guys!!!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Also adds a whole new layer of abusive undertones to Sandrah's relationships with everyone. If you make her mad she won't hesitate to hit you with more magical firepower you'll see from an enemy short of Watcher's Keep.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

This has been a fascinating insight into some of the uh, interesting, side of BG character mods.

Thanks for sticking with it to this point and looking forward to the rest.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Tamoko was probably my favorite aspect of the original main plot. Just a character intimately connected to the Sarevok side of the story, to hammer home that not being a villain is a legitimate choice.

Sandra seems bizarrely harsh/condescending on Tamoko too, considering.

"i would simply not not choose the wrong bhaalspawn to fall in love with. it would be easy, for me"

like ok lady time and chance happen to us all but gently caress off

Incredible work on the LP though. You are a maniac.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Also adds a whole new layer of abusive undertones to Sandrah's relationships with everyone. If you make her mad she won't hesitate to hit you with more magical firepower you'll see from an enemy short of Watcher's Keep.

suck at riddles, huh? looks like its time to burn this entire polycule down

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
The entirety of the Sandrah experience seems to boil down to "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

VodeAndreas posted:

This has been a fascinating insight into some of the uh, interesting, side of BG character mods.

Thanks for sticking with it to this point and looking forward to the rest.

^^^^^

It's been really an impressive place, and a good walk down memory lane since I hadn't touched Baldur's gate since it came out when I was in middle school.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Also, someone please update this so we have a complete epidemiology map of Faerun's first magic-resistant STI.

quote:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That's a weird time to have Sandrah become an avenging Chosen of Mystra. Sometimes you're just bad at riddles.

Besides that, holy moly there is so much more Baldur's Gate and there's already been so much Sandrah. Is there going to be an equal amount of Sandrah in the rest of the game? Or will Sandrah conveniently dip out of Siege of Dragonspear?

Ramc posted:

Sandra seems bizarrely harsh/condescending on Tamoko too, considering.

"i would simply not not choose the wrong bhaalspawn to fall in love with. it would be easy, for me"

like ok lady time and chance happen to us all but gently caress off

I think Roxanne actually likes Tamoko since she made a mod for her. She just likes Sandrah more.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

This has been quite the ride so far. I look forward to seeing just how much worse things can get. I'm not really familiar with Siege of Dragonspear either so the non-Sandrah parts will be interesting if nothing else is.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Congratulations, Vichan! This has been a hilarious LP so far with one of the trainwreckiest mods I have ever seen.

To celebrate, have the updated relationship web. Please tell me if I've missed any of the many, many (and oh so badly written) hookups!

e: for comparison here is the first iteration of the web I made shortly after chapter 24 of the LP:

System Metternich fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 1, 2021

Ramc
May 4, 2008

We know Drizzt was also in competition with Elminister (midnights son i guess in this somehow) for the heart of sandra's mom for some reason but i guess does that count for the visualization? Maybe the will confirm if they boned when drizzt shows up in bg2 :|

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And in the middle of its dread web lies the beast, fattened by trapping and draining the lifeblood of scores of good people.
Surrounded by empty husks.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Ramc posted:

We know Drizzt was also in competition with Elminister (midnights son i guess in this somehow) for the heart of sandra's mom for some reason but i guess does that count for the visualization? Maybe the will confirm if they boned when drizzt shows up in bg2 :|

Good enough for me, especially because this in turn means that not only did Drizzt sleep with Sandrah, Sandrah's mum and Sandrah's grandma, but also that we get to add two more familiar names to the web!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
As often as he was in and out of the party, I'm kind of surprised Gavin's not on there.

Regarding Gavin's music, what's normal for mod NPCs is to have music playing for romance scenes, like how the BG2 romance cast do. But for every banter?!

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

IIRC one of the readme files says that Roxanne Sandrah doesn't like evil bards, just the nice and cute ones.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

This seems kind of incoherent. What is being said here anyway? "I don't worship Sune because a god shouldn't have dominion over natural rights" or am I off base reading this? It seems a weird take in a pantheistic setting.

Lysan Lurraxol
Jun 27, 2013
I took a glimpse into the teeming horrors of Roxanne's forums and she seems to have a thing against Isra (and Sirene):

"Isra/Sirene for male, provided you are happy with paladins ruling over your decisions."

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I'm kind of surprised she doesn't have a thing against Valerie, considering that Valerie has a moral code as rigid as any paladin's. She just lacks the self-confidence to tell Sandrah to go gently caress herself.

Because seriously, Sandrah is just the worst. I am fully happy to call her worse than the Imoen Romance now, and I was calling her worse than Saerileth and Chloe a long time ago.

And I say this as someone who usually likes NPC-NPC romances! I wrote one for Darian! The only reason Valerie doesn't have one is because Dynaheir politely but firmly shuts her down, Aerie never notices Valerie's flirting, and Imoen, well... BG2 happens and Valerie is a Cowled Wizard, 'nuff said. No one else is what she might be looking for, other than potentially the PC.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Lysan Lurraxol posted:

I took a glimpse into the teeming horrors of Roxanne's forums and she seems to have a thing against Isra (and Sirene):

"Isra/Sirene for male, provided you are happy with paladins ruling over your decisions."

there is no emoji big enough for the irony of that statement

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Lysan Lurraxol posted:

Isra is great actually and actually a nice departure from the like, classic idea of the rpg paladin. Can't comment on Sirene but if Roxanne doesn't like her she probably fine too.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Lysan Lurraxol posted:

To be fair, having a party member overruling your decisions does sound kind of obnoxious!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ramc posted:

This seems kind of incoherent. What is being said here anyway? "I don't worship Sune because a god shouldn't have dominion over natural rights" or am I off base reading this? It seems a weird take in a pantheistic setting.

"Ugh, gods suck. They don't deserve to hold power over natural forces and elements." She says, as a cleric.

I know its just cause Roxanne wanted an op fighter/mage who could cast every spell and had no immediate downsides, but still

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Brainamp posted:

"Ugh, gods suck. They don't deserve to hold power over natural forces and elements." She says, as a cleric.

I know its just cause Roxanne wanted an op fighter/mage who could cast every spell and had no immediate downsides, but still

Roxanne really doesn't seem to get how clerics, gods, or religious faith work in the Realms.

Calling your god a 'reference rather than a superior' is the kind of thing that in the Realms usually results in a cleric promptly losing their spellcasting until they atone. Most gods in the Realms are pretty explicit about the transactional nature of their power with their clerics: the god imbues the cleric with a tiny sliver of the god's power as a reward for the cleric's faith and advancing the cause of their god. And in the case of every cleric, ranger, and paladin, their god can immediately take their gift away should the individual blaspheme, betray their god, or do something at odds with the god's ethos.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 1, 2021

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Yeah, but Sandrah is blatantly either the literal natural biological daughter of Mystra Herself or the mortal incarnation of Her, so as with everything else the rules don't apply to her.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Yeah, I know. :(

Just, pointing out all the many ways Sandrah is fundamentally wrong is one way I stay sane while reading this thread.

Maybe it's a good thing Valerie BG2 probably won't happen, the fact that most of her endings see her become a priestess of Torm - never a cleric, but a priestess with a separate, secular set of skills would probably blow her mind, with her understanding of faith and religion being what it is.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Wow, at that reaction to screwing up Brage. I don't think I've ever seen a single character unleash that much magic at once. Even liches with the Tactics mod went easier on you than that, Sandrah is the literal worst.

Congrats on beating BG1, I can't wait to see what happens in Siege, really looking forward to what kind of bullshit Sandrah pulls there.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Sandrah is just God awful in every way, shape and form.

Her voice acting sucks, she has no discernible personality traits of any value, her banters suck to the point that I genuinely get giddy whenever she has one that's just mediocre. The encounters her mod adds suck and can only really be overcome if you take advantage of the OP summons the game throws at her every other minute. I barely spent time talking about this but Sandrah gains an ability each time the visits a new temple, the only problem is that it's just low level priest skills that she's able to cast anyway. There's no in-between, it's either OP or forgettable.

I really wanted to give credit where it's due and talk about some of the good things about the mod but there's barely anything. Jen'lig is loving amazing (though extremely annoying gameplay-wise) and stability-wise the mod is pretty solid.

The only other *infamous* mod I spent any amount of time on was Saerileth, at least with her I could understand what they were going for and what their goal was when developing her. But what the gently caress's the point of Sandrah Saga? Who does this mod cater to? Roxanne is obviously comfortable with the English language so why does Imoen talk quickest with her bestest friend about her puffing daddy time and time again? Why does she has to gently caress everything with a pulse including a mentally challenged man?

This mod just confounds me. You'd think as the person playing it I'd have somewhat of a grasp on these things but no...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Vichan posted:

Addendum 2 - Murderer! You will pay for this!

Before putting BG1 behind us there was one more thing I wanted to show you guys. We're going to have to rewind a bit for this.

Give the wrong answer to Brage and he attacks us, we follow him to the forest and cut him down.

This triggers a cutscene where Sandrah leaves the party, it lingers for quite a bit so she can get some free hits in.

:gonk:

Sandrah really is the Maryest of Sues. :allears:

Aren't... aren't all of those mage spells? Extremely high level mage spells? Something Sandrah explicitly isn't?

What is the point of this other than the mod author punishing you for making a choice that they wouldn't?