Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

wait Beliphet is the last boss of icewind dale 1 right? cute callback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Is the bit at the end there with Maevar the transition to BG2 from the Big World Project? I don't think thats part of the vanilla ending.

I think the whole Skie getting murdered by David Warner plotline would land a bit better if she was recruitable as a party member, instead of Safana, who can still be an NPC in the coalition forces because she's needed for that spy sidequest.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

That cinematic would probably be kind of jarring if you picked Skie's portrait for your CHARNAME so she was stuck with her second choice one. (back in the day my first lady main char used that portrait not that I ever realized or cared) ofc I guess this is also jarring because this mod just straight changes her portrait anyway so the end no moral

Kallev
Nov 16, 2014
I actually started up another game of Baldur's Gate as I was reading this LP and was waiting for you to hit this part, specifically because I have a Steam achievement relating to Skies murder and had 0 recollection of her getting murdered. The whole bit feels really rushed for a few different reasons. I feel like the two that irritate me the most are that, one, Skie was a useless idiot to the city at large, so why does killing her turn the whole city against you as if you killed their personal hero? And two, everyone instantly jumping to condemn you for a single murder after you literally just breached Hell in order to save them seems poorly written. It really feels like if they wanted the Boareskyr Bridge thing to have really tainted peoples view of you, I think it would have helped to showcase that more. It might even have benefitted from having implied to any extent that there were provocateurs in the Coalition, like maybe the very mysterious Hooded Man, who were trying to really agitate the issue.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Leraika posted:

did they just have Sandrah run so that she didn't have to have 'beaten in the leadup to the game transition' on her resume

lol gently caress this mod

What, are you daring to suggest Our Lady And Savior Sandrah, the Beast of the Sword Coast, couldn't handle Irenicus in a fair fight?

TAKE THIS HERETIC TO THE GALLOWS!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
How much of that ending was from the Sandrah saga? I haven't seen the bit were you team up with Caelar because I think the alternate path is a way more fitting end to her arc. Sorry Aun ends up having to pay the price, but them's the breaks. I also haven't seen that whole sewer dungeon; I convinced Belt I was on the level and he busted me out, which was a much smoother ride. The party members also had a much less lovely attitude to meeting me on the outside, you'd think the people with whom you've traveled might take you at your word, at least. I also didn't see the Corwin encounter in the sewers, but I'm betting that's vanilla as well. Screw her for the whole "I don't care about the murder, if you were a good person you'd just let yourself be the scapegoat" speech, anyways.

The last bit where you actually play out the encounter and have goons talk about Mae'var I'm guessing is not a consequence of your actions. Sounds like it's from a non-Sandrah mod, though?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kallev posted:

I actually started up another game of Baldur's Gate as I was reading this LP and was waiting for you to hit this part, specifically because I have a Steam achievement relating to Skies murder and had 0 recollection of her getting murdered. The whole bit feels really rushed for a few different reasons. I feel like the two that irritate me the most are that, one, Skie was a useless idiot to the city at large, so why does killing her turn the whole city against you as if you killed their personal hero? And two, everyone instantly jumping to condemn you for a single murder after you literally just breached Hell in order to save them seems poorly written. It really feels like if they wanted the Boareskyr Bridge thing to have really tainted peoples view of you, I think it would have helped to showcase that more. It might even have benefitted from having implied to any extent that there were provocateurs in the Coalition, like maybe the very mysterious Hooded Man, who were trying to really agitate the issue.

I mean, they literally sent us on a recon mission because having us around the camp was freaking people out after the Boarskyr Bridge. Also Skie isn't just a useless idiot, she's the grand duke's daughter.

At best, they think maybe you're a good person who is being possessed by a dead murder got to stab people. I don't think it was done perfectly, but I didn't really have any problems with everyone being mad I was found covered in the Grand Duke's daughter's blood. (And it may easily have been rushed because I heard a lot about people higher up in the company wanting them to cut down their plans massively for budget reasons.)

I do feel like the other ending for the DLC felt MUCH better to me because they talk about how half the city wants to tear apart the other half because you're a goddamn hero. And even the Flaming Fist has people saying poo poo like "I knew you were bad news" and also people telling you how the good things you've done mean they don't believe it for a second. They quietly let you go so you can get away from the Grand Duke who wants your head, and they and hope things will settle down.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

How much of that ending was from the Sandrah saga? I haven't seen the bit were you team up with Caelar because I think the alternate path is a way more fitting end to her arc. Sorry Aun ends up having to pay the price, but them's the breaks. I also haven't seen that whole sewer dungeon; I convinced Belt I was on the level and he busted me out, which was a much smoother ride. The party members also had a much less lovely attitude to meeting me on the outside, you'd think the people with whom you've traveled might take you at your word, at least. I also didn't see the Corwin encounter in the sewers, but I'm betting that's vanilla as well. Screw her for the whole "I don't care about the murder, if you were a good person you'd just let yourself be the scapegoat" speech, anyways.

The last bit where you actually play out the encounter and have goons talk about Mae'var I'm guessing is not a consequence of your actions. Sounds like it's from a non-Sandrah mod, though?

The last bit mmmmmight be from one of the mods that stitches the three games together. I had this happen to me, though I am not sure Mae'var was namedropped.

Actually, I want to say it was an "unfinished business" style restoration that they intended to be in there but got cut out.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 1, 2021

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
I'm planning on including vanilla BG2 content where appropriate, not as much as SoD but definitely more than BG1. I think it'd also be best if I installed a 'multiple romance' tweak so we can get into all the mod romances. I really don't want to miss out on anything.

Speaking of mods, due to downloading issues I don't have every Sandrah-crossmod NPC installed, but considering the literal army that's available to us maybe that's for the best.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

That's definitely the 'bad' ending and I have no idea how I got pigeonholed into that one.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh, yeah, forgot it has a good and bad ending. It makes sense they kick you out on the good ending but in a nice way because obviously Skie's dad is not gonna be pleased unless you die whatever you do, and the bad ending makes sense if you were too murdery/can't defend yourself. From what I read the Corwin thing on the sewers is on vanilla but only on the bad ending route, but unless you romance her she still says you should let yourself be executed so screw her anyways.

Can't wait for Sandrah's excuses for leaving you to die/get captured and how she will let you skip the first dungeon of BG2 (because if there's content that's made skippable is that dungeon).

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
HAHAHAHAHAHAH Sandrah just loving runs out of there. Vichan please stay behind, the protagonist can't be killed yet :allears:

Kallev posted:

She's a Silvershield, she's the daughter of one, if not the most, important person in the city and you not only murdered her, you made sure her soul was forever lost.

Before the murder, a lot of people were already extremely suspicious of you. Half of the camp doesn't want a son of Baahl hanging around, especially after you carved the symbol of Baal on the bridge where your father was slain.

To the general populace, you were a hero for killing Saverok, but these actions made them easily convinced that you were only killing off a competitor. You can prove your merit during the trial and get a better ending, but I wouldn't really fault the general mob for thinking that an extremely powerful spawn of Baal, who just recently killed an even stronger spawn, was a danger to Baldur's Gate.

Also, you went into hell after her and came out alone. Are you a selfless hero, or an opportunist killing off the competition?

Ramc posted:

wait Beliphet is the last boss of icewind dale 1 right? cute callback

I really loved that! Beliphet gets dunked every time he tries something smart.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Chapter LXXXVIII - This monster man will pay for all, besta friend Sandrah, he'll feel your hammer and my fireball, I swear and swear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnC_EjbE2ks

Baldur's Gate II sure gets off to a great start. The opening cinematic scared the hell out of me as a kid, as did the entire opening dungeon. I won't be covering the vanilla story as thoroughly as I did with SoD but definitely more than I did with BG1, God knows this game deserves the attention.

Imoen sets us free, we take her advice and arm ourselves. Soon after I put on some equipment the screen fades to black.

:gonk:

That's certainly random. I have NO idea why Sandrah gained a skill as soon as I regain control, she's not even in our party at this time!

Two out of four ain't bad, I suppose. Poor Dynaheir... :(

One of Drizzt's companions is here? That's certainly random.

That portrait's certainly something.

One of my favourite conversations in the game, it's so creepy.

This entire dungeon is atmosphere at its finest.

It doesn't seem like there's any danger.

Wait, could it be?

Pelligram?

SANDRAH!?

You'll notice we can't ask her the most pertinent question on our minds. Namely why she left us behind like it was nothing.

I'm beginning to think the game tried to warn me about losing my sanity. :negative:

The whiplash between Imoen's lines is giving me a headache.

Anyway, are there some new PIDs?

If Sandrah can blur the line between consent and non-consent then so can I! :colbert:

Yuck.

:smith:

Besides acorns our old gear is also here, including our multiple bags of holding. Nice!

This might be a good time to take a nap.

I really wished Imoen had used her BG2 portrait, this one just looks dopey at this point.

What's going on here?

Ah, the infamous Chloe.

She reminds me of someone.

I don't know, what does our counsellor think?

Well, that settles it. Welcome to the group, Chloe!

Sorry, Wulfgar. Six is the limit.

Normally I'd laugh at this but I've become numb to Mary Sues by this point.

Anyway, we can FINALLY touch on a subject that I know you've all been dying to learn about.

Pitiful, absolutely pitiful. Sandrah ran away like the coward she is yet here she is rewriting history. And we can't even call her out on it. This dialogue was probably written before SoD but that doesn't make it any less ridiculous. :doh:

Oh boy. They really don't waste time, do they?

An item that has my essence? He must be talking about Gorion's dagger! Time to find this flask.

They seem to be hitting it off, maybe it'll lift Imoen's spirits.

Good thing we already picked up those acorns.

We don't have a home to go to. :smith:

Oh God, it all makes sense now! The hooded man that's been hounding us was Jon Irenicus! :aaaaa:

I love Imoen's dialogue throughout this dungeon. Such a contrast with the sparse dialogue we had with her in BG1.

Anyway, we retrieve the portal key from this room and head back to the genie.

Bummer, we wanted Gorion's tiny dagger and got Sarevok's badass sword instead.

We're done with this part of the dungeon, time to press on!

:roflolmao:

gently caress off, whoever made her.

We're not bringing Yoshimo with us. Why?

1. That exchange with Sandrah is the only mod-specific content we're going to get.

2. Our party is full as it is.

I might change my mind and pick him up later, for now he can find his own way out.

Mental note: Buy a treadmill for Boo once we're out of this hellhole.

We're interrupted by another cutscene. It's an absolute nightmare to screenshot.

You're goddamn right I'm giving her a dirty look. I know where this'll lead. :argh:

Oof, get a load of this guy.

....Oh. :(

This part devastated me when I first played it, in no small part because Jaheira's so distressed.

Thankfully Sandrah makes things alright. I wonder if 'you have loved him too' refers to him being one of her victims, it's a pity we didn't get to fully explore their content in BG1. Normally such a notion might come across as ghoulish but we saw what Sandrah did to Minsc.

I really wish we could've avoided a fight here. :smith:

The tone whiplash almost killed me. Sandrah absolutely leapfrogs the plot here because of course she does.

Stating the obvious is her other dialogue trick.

We're almost done with this place! :black101:

Sorry, Drizzt. There's just no room for you in this LP for you and your companions. Luckily Sandrah Saga offers a way to complete the Region of Terror mod without additional NPCs.

There's light at the end of this tunnel!

We have to suffer through one more cutscene before we can leave.

Imoen, no! :negative:

I'm at a loss for words as to what to say right now.

Well said, Minsc. :hai:

Next time we'll try and get our bearings as we explore our new surroundings.

Vichan fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Nov 7, 2021

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

We could've picked up Adrian and Yasraena here, I couldn't install the former due to availability issues and forgot to install the latter. Yasraena in particular has quite a bit of Sandrah content. I've ultimately decided not to try and fix this because there's enough NPC mods on our plate as it is. I might get into them, as well as other mods that we've missed, if I decided to do a 'what we missed' playthrough after this LP is over and done with. No promises though.

Anyway, as I've said before it's going to take a bit of puzzling to find out the correct way to tackle the mountains of content that BG2 and the many many mods provide. I figured I might as well get 'Chateau Irenicus' out of the way before I did so. :)

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Nice Mystra Mojo there, Sandrah, letting them take away your BESTA. I guess passing up the chance to make the rescue center around her efforts was too good to pass up.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I really hope having Chloe and Sandrah on the same party eventually causes their blacks holes to explode in a singularity that takes them away forever. Is that too much to ask for?

And how gracious of Sandrah not to inmediately expose the whole deal with Yoshimo. And even with the whole "SoD was made after SoA" it's hilarious to see Sandrah lie so blatantly to Vichan when he was there to see her run away. Of course no one can disagree with the beast...

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vichan posted:

I'm planning on including vanilla BG2 content where appropriate, not as much as SoD but definitely more than BG1. I think it'd also be best if I installed a 'multiple romance' tweak so we can get into all the mod romances. I really don't want to miss out on anything.

Speaking of mods, due to downloading issues I don't have every Sandrah-crossmod NPC installed, but considering the literal army that's available to us maybe that's for the best.

That's definitely the 'bad' ending and I have no idea how I got pigeonholed into that one.

Did you not say all the good things you did? Or did you just not show it? Because you have to say all the good things you did and it has to be over three.

Unless this mod forces you into the bad ending for some reason. I THINK this thing includes the mod that just lets you get the bad ending if you want instead of forcing you into the good ending if you qualify for it.

Did they remove the EE djinn guy who asks you a question about a button puzzle? I mean, it was random, but I find it odd that it's missing. Also Imoen's dialog here is just loving haunting. My adorable little sister's so messed up. :(

-Wait, why is Chloe just... that's Leliana from Dragon Age.

What the gently caress are all these random interrupting cutscenes?!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I really hope having Chloe and Sandrah on the same party eventually causes their blacks holes to explode in a singularity that takes them away forever. Is that too much to ask for?

And how gracious of Sandrah not to inmediately expose the whole deal with Yoshimo. And even with the whole "SoD was made after SoA" it's hilarious to see Sandrah lie so blatantly to Vichan when he was there to see her run away. Of course no one can disagree with the beast...

Good thing for her that you were tortured so hard that your memory has holes in it!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Everyone else: look at the crazy science dungeon, this is freaky
Chloe and Sandra: ...sex?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Midnight Voyager posted:

Did you not say all the good things you did? Or did you just not show it? Because you have to say all the good things you did and it has to be over three.

I did, yes. Maybe I said something wrong?

quote:

Did they remove the EE djinn guy who asks you a question about a button puzzle? I mean, it was random, but I find it odd that it's missing. Also Imoen's dialog here is just loving haunting. My adorable little sister's so messed up. :(

One of the exchanges that I didn't include, it was still in there.

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

"Sandrah, why didn't you help Imoen?"
"Don't you remember? I was busy fighitng the 100 demons that attacked me at Talos' behest!"
"....no, I definitely don't remember tha-"
"Oh no, Talos' mind altering powers must have affected you!"

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

To be fair, that's in-character for Chloe.

There's a lot of very good reasons why Chloe was previously held as the nadir of Baldur's Gate modding, only seriously rivaled by the Imoen Romance.

Sandrah manages to be worse than Chloe, and that is one hell of a feat.

As for the mod NPCs Vichan skipped, Yasraena is actually kind of okay. She's from the same authors who made Saerileth and Tsujatha, but she's relatively inoffensive. Just a nonchalantly CG drow fighter lady with nothing particularly interesting going on. Only side eyes thing about her is that a male PC can torpedo their romance with Aerie/Jaheira/Viconia by hitting on Yasraena too hard (she's not interested, she's spoken for). I remember her being oddly bland despite the concept and just kind of boringly friendly and pleasant.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Dynaheir :(

There's such an immense gulf between Jaheira's reaction to death and the scene with Jaheira and Sandrah afterwards where the latter's all 'no I needed to show Jaheira this for her own good' and Jaheira just accepts it.

:sigh:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vichan posted:

I did, yes. Maybe I said something wrong?

Super weird. I SWEAR that's the exact dialog I used and got the good ending though. As long as you said all the things, it should have worked. At least, unless Sandrah did something weird to it.

Leraika posted:

Dynaheir :(

There's such an immense gulf between Jaheira's reaction to death and the scene with Jaheira and Sandrah afterwards where the latter's all 'no I needed to show Jaheira this for her own good' and Jaheira just accepts it.

:sigh:

Also Jaheira's voice actress loving NAILED the grief in her voice for her dialog. You can hear her tears

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 1, 2021

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I've grown kind of "meh" on Irenicus over the years, the intro is very good but you generally skip that after the first few times and after that he doesn't do all that much terribly interesting - but the voice acting is excellent and some of those lines still pop into my head 10+ years later and i can hear them all perfectly as i read them.

I was (because i am very stupid) fully expecting Imoen's portrait to change to the vanilla BG2 one at this point so i had a pretty strong "wait that's not right" reaction here, more so than in the BG1 portion.

quote:

I have NO idea why Sandrah gained a skill as soon as I regain control, she's not even in our party at this time!

Because you cannot be allowed to forget :ghost:

Ahahha that Wulfgar portrait :suicide: I don't know who made that but i wish they'd stop.

"Do not fear for me. I was not captured." Because your overpowered hax rear end ran like a bitch and left the entire party behind aaaaa

there is a very good reason dungeon-be-gone is considered a must-install if you're going to play this game more than like twice, but it is still very atmospheric and Sandrah's ruining everything, gently caress me but i am so mad at video games.

It probably says something about the quality of Roxanne's writing that even the infamous Chloe seems reasonably inoffensive at first. I'm actually somewhat surprised she "only" has 14 cha... and those weapons are downright reasonable compared to some of the poo poo we've seen before now. I might also be developing a tolerance...

...nope, nope, no tolerance, still hate it, of course she has to specifically mention that she has Divine Protection From Plot Device!

...I'm having the most disturbing urge to actually write some of those npcs i had ideas for way back in the day but never actually got around to coding, purely out of spite. I don't think this hack is good for me :shepicide:

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

:emptyquote:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I always thought there was kind of a weird tonal shift where the game kind of glosses over the PC being tortured horribly and it never coming up outside of Imoen's chats in the dungeon. I feel like just having some banters address it would be a better fix, but Sandrah goes for full immersion by torturing the player instead.

vilkacis posted:

I've grown kind of "meh" on Irenicus over the years, the intro is very good but you generally skip that after the first few times and after that he doesn't do all that much terribly interesting - but the voice acting is excellent and some of those lines still pop into my head 10+ years later and i can hear them all perfectly as i read them.

I feel the opposite; for a long time I thought he was kind of dull (outside of the voice, obviously), but when I finally realized what he actually is, he is a fuckin A+ villain.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Noshing can bring him back :ughh:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

vilkacis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z3aY0uELTQ

:allears: Jon is the bestah friendest of them all.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I knew Henning was gonna get a name drop, but I was really hoping for him to inexplicably accompany sandrah on the rescue operation. Why would he be there? Who knows, same reason a generic shopkeeper is now somehow the love of imoen's life

Lysan Lurraxol
Jun 27, 2013
Adrian is a top tier NPC mod - neutral evil sorceror with a Zhent background who manages to feel believably selfish without ever overstepping the mark & feeling like a mildly snarky but more serious alternative to Edwin.

Probably for the best he's escaping Sandrah's terrible clutches tbh

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

There's just something about the voice clips in this game, i guess...

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlvxKEP38ds

Still think Bioware did it best.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

When Tiax rules, britches shall not ride up so wedge-like. :haibrow:

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Vichan posted:

One of the exchanges that I didn't include, it was still in there.

I actually want to clarify this further to prevent any confusion from this point on: If I don't include a certain quest/interaction it's because it's unchanged from vanilla/not really relevant to the LP and I don't really feel like adding it because this is an enormous undertaking as it is. If something was removed from vanilla and I pick up on it I'll be sure to let you guys know.

So for example in the Circus I'm going to include the 'main' interactions on the way to Kalah but not the housewife-turned-spider.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I still can't believe that when you defeat Saverok, you realize he was simply a puppet of Tiax.

Rumors say that the only creature stronger than Sandrah is Tiax after two cold beers.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

So... why exactly couldn't we have taken Khalid's meatsack to the nearest temple or got our Wise Counsellor TM to resurrect him? Jaheira is so obviously devastated, but at the same time saying 'oh well guess it was time and there's nothing to be done about it'.

And yes, I am nitpicking at this to avoid acknowledging pretty much anything else that happened this update.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Black Robe posted:

So... why exactly couldn't we have taken Khalid's meatsack to the nearest temple or got our Wise Counsellor TM to resurrect him? Jaheira is so obviously devastated, but at the same time saying 'oh well guess it was time and there's nothing to be done about it'.

And yes, I am nitpicking at this to avoid acknowledging pretty much anything else that happened this update.

Ironicus 'no backsies' spell on his soul or whatever to prevent resurrection, cause he is a dick.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

JamMasterJim posted:

Ironicus 'no backsies' spell on his soul or whatever to prevent resurrection, cause he is a dick.

Or maybe he just took his soul for experiments. I'm not sure about 100% of Irenicus methods (I never reached BG2 but I've already been spoiled on the gists) but it feels like what he'd do. And in retrospect it makes him kill Skie by taking her soul more consistent.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Sandra "I knew they wanted you alive so I figured I could cool my heels and take my time to rescue you with my 100 summons."

"sandra he only wanted me and imoen alive khalid and dynahier are insanely dead"

Caros
May 14, 2008

So I'm only about halfway through the thread and the same mind poison may have infected others, but I present you modern art. Sandrah Devouring Her Prey:

No I'm not putting in more effort. This is the exact effort this mod deserves.

Edit: Wait, no, the piece was imperfect. I've corrected those horrible mistakes.

Caros fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 2, 2021

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Caros posted:

So I'm only about halfway through the thread and the same mind poison may have infected others, but I present you modern art. Sandrah Devouring Her Prey:

Edit: Wait, no, the piece was imperfect. I've corrected those horrible mistakes.

:magical:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Black Robe posted:

If you're a dick and grill Jaheira about it she'll point out that it is entirely possible to be too dead for resurrection, and from the state of his body, that's how dead Khalid is.

This conflicts with the P&P version of the resurrection spell, but is consistent with game mechanics. If a party member is hit so hard they explode into gibs, or burned to a pile of ashes, or petrified and then smashed, or killed with a disintegrate spell, you can never bring them back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Caros posted:

:eyepop: