Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
This really is one of the most misogynistic things written by a woman I've ever seen outside real life politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Was there an assault plotline or am I confusing this with another trainwreck?

It's vanilla BG1 content that Angelo is her dad, but it's a minor plot point. What's happening in this nuclear train wreck, welp :ohno:

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
What the gently caress was that? That entire thing was bonkers, even by Roxanne's normal standards.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

the banter project mod introduces something like that when she talks about her past I think, which, to be 'fair' different author than the roxanne content if it is the banter and not the sandrah

Ramc
May 4, 2008

biscuits and crazy posted:

What the gently caress was that? That entire thing was bonkers, even by Roxanne's normal standards.

'first drop of milk' are you making GBS threads me with this

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
That was pretty bad, but I think I was expecting something a lot worse than just horny and stupid.

Nice job timing it immediately after finding Cernd's baby and him trying to ditch it. I'm sure that either took a lot of work to pull off or was just an incredible coincidence.

Judging by the kid's appearance you've spent 1d6 years playing house, before bowing to the "call of adventure." I guess it'd be too much effort to have the script remember that you've got a sister trapped in a dungeon with a torturer, since you'd have to write alternate text in case you'd reached the singular other urgent plot line in the story.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hypocrisy posted:

Remember, Vichan's mother is also Sandrah's mother.

No, Sandrah's mother is not Vichan's mother, not unless they changed the actual plot of the game. We (will) know Vichan's mom's name, and it's not Kalindra. It's Alianna, and she was a priestess of Bhaal.

They just... I guess introduced that thought so we'd be horrified? I don't know. Jury's still out on if she's Imoen's sister though.

PS: Anyone else think she googled "anime kid" and used a crappy picture she found and didn't realize it was a female teenager named "Kid", not an actual child?

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 13, 2021

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...

Ramc posted:

Now that's what keeps us coming back, more stupid-rear end poo poo from the diseased brain of Roxanne herself! hahahaha whew

Ramc
May 4, 2008

EggsAisle posted:

Now that's what keeps us coming back, more stupid-rear end poo poo from the diseased brain of Roxanne herself! hahahaha whew

These portrait choices are absolutely schizophrenic, too. Absolutely impossible to trace a rational train of thought to their selection and execution.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

There's a dialogue option at some point where you can laugh at her man-hating attitude and ask if it's because her dad molested her. Can't imagine why Vichan didn't choose it, that's a completely normal thing to say to someone.

Cythereal posted:

This really is one of the most misogynistic things written by a woman I've ever seen outside real life politics.

One of, yes, but sadly I've read quite a few things almost if not equally as bad. Though usually not so unrelenting.

Ramc posted:

I'd believe it from some countries, but Roxanne's German if I remember right, and they provide actual education around sex and pregnancy. And she sure as hell isn't saving herself for Jesus given the rest of this cesspit, so I guess she just slept through it and has also never watched a documentary ever or ever been around a pregnant woman.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Of course this was a trainwreck, we've been mentioning Sandrah had been surprisingly tame for the last few updates, she was just charging Beast energy to blast us with... this.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Black Robe posted:

There's a dialogue option at some point where you can laugh at her man-hating attitude and ask if it's because her dad molested her. Can't imagine why Vichan didn't choose it, that's a completely normal thing to say to someone.

Shar-Teel is easily the worst part of BG1NPC.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
Chapter CVIII - (That should get her!! She cannot await to enlarge her knowledge...sometimes I'm afraid her beautiful head might explode from all the useless stuff it gathers...)

Nalia makes way for Anomen.

I've been avoiding this guy for too long.

Sounds straightforward enough, we'll go there after checking in on our strongholds.

Sending them away is the only way to keep them all alive.

We do some more counseling at the temple of Lathander.

With the keep sorted out we're done with stronghold affairs for now.

The mountains are populated with some very sensitive people.

Hmph, that's it? :smuggo:

Oh no, what have I done? :negative:

We might as well follow him.

Time to bring out the board games!

Garren's daughter makes us feel right at home. :)

Not to worry, we can de-

...Crap.

At least I can slaughter these guys! :black101:

Right you are, Anomen! We have a damsel that needs saving!

I can't wait to kill this smug assh-

We're interrrupted by bookhunters. It's been awhile since we encountered these guys but they seem really interested in Celeste's manuscript.

They weren't hard to begin with, now they're pushovers.

We fade to black, nothing like a battle to get the blood pumping I guess.

This event was related to healing Chloe for some reason. I don't get it either.

We deliver the acorns we got from Irenicus' dungeon.

Don't menti-

She has some parting words for Sandrah.

Angelo can breathe a sigh of relief for escaping the maw of The Beast.

More assassins are after him.

Storming Firkraag's hideout we encounter quite a lot of colorful characters. DigDag managed to get away.

Sandrah hopscotches the plot again.

We run into this guy again, this time we manage to take him down.

We run into Tazok again, how random!

We let Angelo do the honors.

He was holding this key, it might be important later.

Bah, we might as well deal with him now, how imposing can he b-

...Oh.

Let's not confront him just yet and just head back to free Iltha.

I could swear I heard somebody talking, must've been nothing.

With the lovely lady freed we head back to Windspear's cabin.

Batman's got nothing on the rogue's gallery we've faced up until this point.

Things still feel unfinished but for now we're done here.

Let's not end things here though, we've got plenty of other stuff to deal with and we might as well do it now.

We've seen Angelo's Sandrah content so we're going to replace him with Korgan. :black101:

Anomen is replaced by Edwin as we make our way to the catacombs.

We let Korgan show us the way.

Healing Edwin with Sandrah caused him to initiate all his available banters, presumably because his Sandrah banter wouldn't fire. He kept following Sandrah around after this and wouldn't interact with anything else so I had to reload.

I always feel bad for this guy, I guess that's what you get when you run with evil party members.

:getin:

drat, we're too late. We'd best hurry to the Temple District.

I love Korgan, even in mod dialogue. :allears:

Sandrah knows what's coming because why wouldn't she?

On the way to Pimlico's Estate we check in with Ti'Vael, we can't continue our counseling right now though.

drat it, late again! These bastards are going to pay! :black101:

Korgan really is amazing, it's a shame a lot of people'll probably pass on him because of his alignment.

Anyway, let's head to the Sphere to see if we can do anything.

Laughs were had, tears were shed.

We're heading to the Umar Hills ne-

Again!? But we were just there!

What the h-

Ugh, another trap. At least they die quickly.

Our goals are aligned, I'll gladly seize the chance to get my revenge! :black101:

Maybe they'll warm up to each other later on? :shrug:

On our way to the upper rooms of the Crooked Crane we run into some lovebirds. I'm sure our advice will have the desired effect instead of backfiring on us. :downs:

Great now we just have to u-

Ugh, now!? I'd completely forgotten about this. We'll deal with the lamp later.

Sandrah couldn't help but kill this guy shortly before he was imprisoned, I had to reload and do it again.

Great, we've finally got the Cowled Wizards off our back!

Neat.

Time to head for the Umar Hills, for real this time.

Alora has really gotten a makeover, hasn't she?

We'll deal with Region of Terror next time, before I leave you however...

Yes, returning to the ranger cabin leads to an encounter with some priests of Talos. I'm sure you can forgive me for missing it since there was no reason to return here to begin with.

Edwin's coming close to realising his true form and we're about to head to Westchar. We'll see how both of these things play out next time!

Vichan fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Nov 7, 2021

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

There's light at the end of this tunnel, there's a few more things we still have to do before we can proceed with the main quest but it shouldn't be long now. :)

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Korgan is in every bg2 party I make.

Is Kalah's lamp stuff from a mod?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Korgan is in every bg2 party I make.

Is Kalah's lamp stuff from a mod?

Yep, Unfinished Business.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
What is even the point of Sandrah spoiling everything? It serves no purpose for anyone who has already played the content; they know what's coming. I can't imagine it's particularly interesting to anyone who hasn't, either, it'll just take the wind out of the upcoming plot events. It'd only be interesting to someone who personally identifies as Sandrah and revels in having everyone fawn over her, which must be a pretty slim fan base.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder if using Portraits Portraits Everywhere accidentally gives this Alora the portrait of the other? That's be a fun accidental mod interaction

look, I got nothin otherwise, of COURSE Sandrah spoils every fun surprise ever

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

What is even the point of Sandrah spoiling everything? It serves no purpose for anyone who has already played the content; they know what's coming. I can't imagine it's particularly interesting to anyone who hasn't, either, it'll just take the wind out of the upcoming plot events. It'd only be interesting to someone who personally identifies as Sandrah and revels in having everyone fawn over her, which must be a pretty slim fan base.

By all accounts, Roxanne seems to sincerely believe that people are crazy into Sandrah and are rooting for her to take over the setting.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Cythereal posted:

By all accounts, Roxanne seems to sincerely believe that people are crazy into Sandrah and are rooting for her to take over the setting.

Yeah, every time I've seen her respond to any criticism she says some variant of 'oh, no, you're mistaken, just keep playing and you'll see how good it gets'. The only problem anyone can ever have with her creation is that they just haven't seen enough of it yet.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
You're doing an amazing job, Vichan! Imagine how many of us you are saving from thinking we might try this mod!

It's bizarre because you would think anyone playing with Sandrah played the game before, so they already know the twists. So what is the point of making your mouthpiece character go through the process of spoiling every twist? She doesn't change the plot, so you still have to do all the stuff anyway. Its just so you can say 'Sandrah's so smart!'. But of course she knows all the twists, the modder rewrote the whole game.

It would have made more sense to make the mod such that you play as Sandrah, a chosen of mystra who is trying to protect and tutor a bhaalspawn so they do good.

edit: with Saemon, will she be like 'hey this guy's untrustworthy!' as if it's not the most obvious twist in the game, or will she bone him? Or both?

Cafe Barbarian fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 16, 2021

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Cafe Barbarian posted:

You're doing an amazing job, Vichan! Imagine how many of us you are saving from thinking we might try this mod!

It's bizarre because you would think anyone playing with Sandrah played the game before, so they already know the twists. So what is the point of making your mouthpiece character go through the process of spoiling every twist? She doesn't change the plot, so you still have to do all the stuff anyway. Its just so you can say 'Sandrah's so smart!'. But of course she knows all the twists, the modder rewrote the whole game.

It would have made more sense to make the mod such that you play as Sandrah, a chosen of mystra who is trying to protect and tutor a bhaalspawn so they do good.

edit: with Saemon, will she be like 'hey this guy's untrustworthy!' as if it's not the most obvious twist in the game, or will she bone him? Or both?

Sandrah is so loving smart and can see through magic but man is she fukken silent after you kill Ajantis and co huh

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ramc posted:

Sandrah is so loving smart and can see through magic but man is she fukken silent after you kill Ajantis and co huh

Roxanne really hates Paladins.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ramc posted:

poo poo yeah you're right. No way she didn't know there was magic going on there! But she hates paladins, so let em die. And Tempus blesses Sandrah for it!

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 07:20 on May 16, 2021

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
Anyone else disappointed Talos wasn't at your child's birth?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Chapter CIX - BIG WORDS FOR A MORTAL WHO DARES TO COME DOWN HERE FOR THIS CRAZY INVENTION CALLED LOVE SPIT LOVE!!

The first half of this chapter might fool you into skipping it but you definitely want to stick around for this one.

We arrive at Westchar to rescue Bruenor.

I figure this quest was related to rescuing Bruenor...

...I was wrong.

This kind of reminds me of Kalah's Circus.

We battle orcs throughout this dungeon until we can't go any further, forcing us to look in the siderooms.

One of them is home to this dragon who has the key we need to continue.

I am not enjoying these quests. At all. Let's continue searching for Bruenor.

Ah, this must be the place!

Pick any other option and you die. This quest sucks.

We pass the tests and are allowed to continue.

As soon as we enter the city we're brought before the king.

We have to scour the city for the other stones so we can complete the riddle.

I agree with Jaheira, this place is dull as dirt.

At least Edwin(a) manages to liven things up. :allears:

We find the riddle stones and use them to proceed to the next area.

Fire Giants roam this area, as advertised.

:allears:

We rescue the captive Gragha.

At the end of this area are some vampires, the most notable thing about them is the loot.

To be honest I expected more. :(

What is it with these portraits? :psyduck:

We're not actually adding Bruenor to the party but I though some of you might be interested in these things all the same. :)

And that's that for this area as well as Westchar. I'm not going to subject myself to more of this poo poo than is necessary.

Our first stop is the Copper Coronet, of course.

:allears:

It's a pity I had to reload, I have a reputation to maintain after all!

Looks like further progress with Region of Terror will have to wait until we get to Brynnlaw.

We run into Haman again, looks like he finally has the life he always dreamed of.

Good job, counselor!

I sort of regret not going for the Silver Pantaloons but oh well.

Ugh, enough of this mundane dreary nonsense. It's time to make things interesting again.

It's not often that I run into a Sandrah banter that I actually enjoy, let's take a moment to appreciate this moment.

Moving on.

Korgan leaves (He'll be back) and Haer'Dalis rejoins us. We can finally take him outside the city!

As soon as you enter an area outside the city limits you're teleported to this area where Haer'Dalis indulges in his foot fetish.

Hold o-

Look who decided to drop back in. Why are they using Sandrah and Haer'Dalis' pet names for each other?

Looks like we'll be fighting again. We've already beaten Naronguth a few times before, Alzaligrundel shouldn't be much harder.

Haer'Dalis decides to leave the party at the start of the fight.

Naronguth is first to fall, ka-ching!

His companion was way harder to actually take down, mostly because he had a shitload of HP and was immune to most damage I could throw at him.

Wait, is Haer'Dalis...?

:ohdear:

I get the feeling that we're in over our heads but I trust Sandrah's judgement.

We pick up Haer'Dalis' body and take a gander at the map. We also pick up the dragon's heart, something which I forgot to take a screenshot of. :cripes:

No time to waste, to the Shadow Temple!

As soon as we arrive we see that they are up to something. In text only because they're far off in the fog of war.

When we finally arrive we have to deal with some Demon Knights. They're quite tough and pack a serious punch.

Our next stop seems to be the Druid Grove.

More demon knights.

Luckily Mystra's Army can brute force almost every encounter.

Looks like our next stop is Baldur's Gate, but how the hell are we supposed to get there?

Thanks, little feller! Time to head to our Guildhall.

I love you too, Narlen. :respek:

Looks like we're heading back to the Gate!

And just like that we're back at the Baldur's Gate chapter of the Shadow Thieves, we can't actually leave the building so the only way forward is through the basement.

We finally get an answer as to why Sandrah randomly decided to heal this lady. The Glabrezu dies, though not without a fight.

More demon knights, I hate these things! :argh:

Looks like the demons are already busy fighting, who can this Marilith be?

Gah, another demon! It's a good thing Sandrah is extremely overpowered.

We battle through the maze and the undercity, eventually winding up where our story originally ended. I have faith that Roxanne will treat this moment with the gravity that it dese-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsiZOJjfUg

The resulting fight is slightly easier because we only have the dragon to contend with. When he falls...

We're treated to this cutscene again.

Of all the places where Jaheira could say this...

Immediately afterwards we're teleported.

Every time I think I've seen the worst this mod has to offer only for it to prove me wrong time and time again.

He's laughably easy, chiefly because he loses half his HP before the fight even starts. :shrug:

Moving on we come face to face with the Demogorgon.

:suicide:

This makes the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon from the '80s look like Lord of the Rings.

The Demogorgon leaves us, absolutely baffled by what he just heard.

Well, what are we waiting for? Let's blow this po-

:doh:

I can't quite place this next area, trippy.

Sure, why not? :jerkbag:

'til next we meet, false brother! :wave:

These demon knights are all that stand between us and freedom! :black101:

I'd really like to know where this is from.

Leaving that area brings us back to a crypt in the graveyard district.

Sandrah and Haer'Dalis decide to celebrate their reunion right in front of us in a loving graveyard.

This spell imprisons whoever you cast it on. Maybe some day I'll let Sandrah cast it on herself.

More useless summons, great.

That's it for today. Next time we'll see what odds and ends are left to deal with before we continue forward with the main story. I reckon Spellhold is just a few chapters away at this point!

Vichan fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Nov 7, 2021

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

...anime really has a lot to answer for, doesn't it.

edit; does the power of love even work when it's diluted amongst 99% of the men and 75% of the women Sandrah has ever met?

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 16, 2021

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Why Haer'Dalis? Are we supposed to believe that the Beast actually cares for the souls of its many victims?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Demogorgon is a demon not a devil he doesn't reside in the nine hells or care about rules he's from the abyss im weeping here his name is literally DEMOgorgon im howling

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
...Sandrah is definitely gonna end up banging Sarevok, isn't she?

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The Beast must feed.

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

She will redeem Sarevok through the power of love.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think Roxanne got jealous of the PC's Bodhi vs romance sideplot and decided to do it before we could.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

What does your heart tell you.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
So who's in Watcher's Keep if Demogorgon is in the Nine Hells for some reason?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

There has to be a mod somewhere that changes Edwin's headshot into a female version?

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I hate this. I really, really hate it. It causes me actual physical pain and i'm barely even reading the dialogue at this point. So much time and effort went into this mod and it's so horribly, brain-shreddingly godawful. How. :shepicide:

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

There has to be a mod somewhere that changes Edwin's headshot into a female version?

There absolutely is and i'm surprised it's not included in all this mess already.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

More than one actually!

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

vilkacis posted:

I hate this. I really, really hate it. It causes me actual physical pain and i'm barely even reading the dialogue at this point. So much time and effort went into this mod and it's so horribly, brain-shreddingly godawful. How. :shepicide:

...I realise now what this reminds me of. That goddamn rollercoaster book, it was called Twisted or something. She was so loving dedicated to this stupid fictional universe full of assholes who shapeshifted into rollercoasters and got each other pregnant and every single aspect of it was just bafflingly awful in every way.

This mod has the same energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Black Robe posted:

...I realise now what this reminds me of. That goddamn rollercoaster book, it was called Twisted or something. She was so loving dedicated to this stupid fictional universe full of assholes who shapeshifted into rollercoasters and got each other pregnant and every single aspect of it was just bafflingly awful in every way.

This mod has the same energy.

Even then i think this is worse. Any idiot can write and self-publish a horrible book but this is a horrible book's worth of text and also the coding and graphics work to go with it! Like i think the thread overstates the difficulty of modding BG, a basic npc is really not that hard to make, but this mod is enormous and the amount of work required just to make it work must have been equally enormous. At the same time it's way less creative (because if there's anything to say for Miranda Leek, at least "sentient roller coasters" is a novel concept), it lacks any respect for the story, settings and characters she's appropriating and does nothing interesting with any of them other than twist them into repeatedly telling the player that Mary Sue is the bestest goodest strongest prettiest importantest person in the whole wide world and also involves other modders' work in this mess without asking permission! :rant:

Nothing about Sandrah would have been worth a second glance as pure prose, it would probably have some following as a web serial or something because for some reason there are people who like main characters who are absurdly overpowered without having to lift a finger, but she made 700 times the effort to cram it into a format where none of those people will ever see it and all the people who do see it are likely to loving hate it. :tizzy: