Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
It will probably turn out that Imoen is the actual other child of Khalindra, but the current implication that even the PC's very conception was all about Sandrah is certainly something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the only way this can be redeemed is if Sandrah turns out to be an end game villain and a threat that makes even Baahl himself look like a common bandt.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Mans posted:

the only way this can be redeemed is if Sandrah turns out to be an end game villain and a threat that makes even Baahl himself look like a common bandt.

She's a serial rapist and guilty of many counts of emotional abuse at the very least, so she's well on the way.

RatchedB52
May 28, 2021
I'm surprised Sandrah didn't have more to say in the Drow clearing Eilistreae mod, but then again Lava is likely one of many modders who will not tolerate Roxanne's bullshit.

On a side note, I recently played through the first couple chapters of BG1 with both Sandrah and Drake (remember him?) and their banters were surprisingly sane, with Drake even roasting Sandrah a little bit regarding how she knows Mellicamp (hinting that he's not surprised that she may have hosed a chicken). That was my read on it, anyway.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

RatchedB52 posted:

On a side note, I recently played through the first couple chapters of BG1 with both Sandrah and Drake (remember him?) and their banters were surprisingly sane, with Drake even roasting Sandrah a little bit regarding how she knows Mellicamp (hinting that he's not surprised that she may have hosed a chicken). That was my read on it, anyway.

Drake's a fun well-written NPC all around, yeah. He and Isra are probably my two favorite NPC mods right now, though I'm enjoying Breagar in my current playthrough a lot, and I'd like Aura pretty well if her dialogue didn't keep bugging out.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

docbeard posted:

Drake's a fun well-written NPC all around, yeah. He and Isra are probably my two favorite NPC mods right now, though I'm enjoying Breagar in my current playthrough a lot, and I'd like Aura pretty well if her dialogue didn't keep bugging out.

Aura worked a lot better in EET for me when I realized there's a fix in the Git bug reports that makes her properly understand if she's in BG1 or SoD's plot.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
Chapter CXXI - (Smiles) You do not give us much time to rest a bit after all we have been through. (Sigh) The boss man calls and the bed waits empty...

Considering we have to wait a few days before we can talk to her again it might be best to get Region of Terror over with in the meantime.

Not going to bother with sidequests here, our stay will be short.

The villagers aren't exactly helpful...

Jaheira's sure been acting funny lately.

Ah, magic's too blame for the lack of leads! Good thing this guy's immune.

Time to save Catti-Brie! :black101:

Four Chaos Guardians? Feels like Final Fantasy.

Lots of enemies here, mostly demons. The Glabrezu hit like a truck.

Halfway there.

:smith:

Looks like we're not the only ones looking to rescue Catti-Brie, let's keep an eye out of Sandrah's favorite drow.

Oh, I know this riddle! We did it before.

The amount of bodies are a good indicator on the amount of trouble I had with this one. I spent ages asking questions to the other shadows not knowing I had to talk to the first guy again. :bang:

I have to kill a what now?

Who's the Gholim?

Ah, I see.

This thing spent ages summoning skeletons in a cutscene only for them to die in 10 seconds.

Really making progress here!

Just one left!

:unsmith:

I have to get the what?

Oh sh-

Good thing I'm OP. :c00lbert:

Nice meeting you.

Great, dead end. After backtracking a bit...

After beating the last Chaos Guardian we enter the door he was guarding.

Who chooses these portraits when there's loads of others you can find online? :psyduck:

That just leaves Jarlaxle to deal with, good.

The guy loves to talk, just as we're about to fight we fade to black...

I've gotten used to Vichan hanging out in cutscenes where he's not supposed to be but this time he can actually help out against Entreri. Neat.

It's not enough to save poor Drizzt. :negative:

That's the third time we've kicked Jarlaxle's rear end. Hopefully he'll stay dead this time.

Lots of neat effects and it's curtains for the crystal.

Catti-Brie snaps out of it and takes care of the assassin, luckily she's able to revive Drizzt.

This allows us to loot Artemis Entreri's poo poo. Again. We also get a hold of Drizzt's boots for our trouble.

We can talk to Catti-Brie to leave this area. I figure Vichan being present is sort of a Sandrah Saga workaround since Drizzt is supposed to be a party member otherwise.

Jesus Christ, Drizzt. Catti-Brie's right there!

And that's pretty much it for Region of Terror. There is one final thing for us to do but we'll save that for another time.

Catti-Brie and Drizzt's stats for those of you who were curious. I can only imagine what Region of Terror's original Drizzt portrait looked like.

I forgot how long Jaheira's romance was, we're still not at the end.

I hope these talks are interesting to some of you out there.

Anyway, we can finally continue Fishing for Trouble, time to go back to Portpentych!

With the help of the potions we got from Ceinwen Vichan was able to reach the back of the cave. With the key in hand we can go back to the lighthouse.

The demon tells us where to go next and promptly fucks off to who knows where.

I'm thinking Sandrah has a secret hankering for this Black Lotus stuff.

Familiar territory, right?

Everything's going smoothly so far.

The first floor of the Hold is home to two of the Red Wizards and some of their 'Red guard', their color distinguishes them from the ordinary guards that you see around. You can't talk to them.

The Caravan Master he's talking about is nearby.

A more discreet location might be best. Good thinking.

The guard captain's no use.

Another wizard on the second floor.

A plot, exciting! Let's take care of the guards first.

One of the cells has the actual entrance to the dungeon. I don't get it either.

There, the guards are freed. Time to see about this Earl Wultheof.

Viconia's like sandpaper.

The third floor doesn't have a wizard around, let's just head for the Earl.

Okay, I guess we can get sidetracked with a silly sidequest, why not?

She's like putty in my hands.

Time to check out the roof.

This really is a gorgeous area. :allears:

The tower to the left is our destination.

You have to pick these exact dialogue choices or he runs away.

The quest is bugged so the game thinks he ran away anyway. :doh:

The Earl is easy to convince, time to head back to the Caravan Master.

To battle! :black101:

You have to clear out all three floors of the castle while the Hold guards battle the Red Wizards' guards. After the dust settles there's still no sign of the fourth wizard.

Ah, there we go.

Jaheira! :( Ease up on the slurs!

Looks like we have multiple leads. Let's see about this caravan first. (It's impossible to talk to the Earl, I tried)

We run into more Jaheira shenanigans as we exit the Hold.

Next time we'll intercept the caravan as we finish up Fishing for Trouble!

Vichan fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Nov 7, 2021

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Even by previously established standards, the English in this one was pretty bad. The gently caress did 'acception' come from.

Also, boy is Jaheira's content repetitive. I feel like all the romance dialogue you've shown us is either her questioning you sleeping with someone else, or her questioning what it all MEANS. And all her interactions with other people seem to be her being defensive and angry and insulting. I know everyone in this game is pretty one-dimensional, but really.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Man so many modders just absolutely bloodthirsty about killing jarlaxle and entreri. so many they just keep stepping on each others narrative toes.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Black Robe posted:

Also, boy is Jaheira's content repetitive. I feel like all the romance dialogue you've shown us is either her questioning you sleeping with someone else, or her questioning what it all MEANS. And all her interactions with other people seem to be her being defensive and angry and insulting. I know everyone in this game is pretty one-dimensional, but really.

Not all of that is vanilla content, to be fair. Like I think the base game has one chat where she wants do double check that you're still you, and then the next one apologizes for that, and admittedly a whole lot of agonizing about renouncing the Harpers, but for some reason a mod has decided that she didn't spend enough time second-guessing herself. Dunno if it's deleted dialogue someone decided was worth restoring, or if they're just really into Harper angst.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Also I guess this puts Cattie-Brie and Wulfgar on the relationship chart now huh

RatchedB52
May 28, 2021

Ramc posted:

Also I guess this puts Cattie-Brie and Wulfgar on the relationship chart now huh

Too late to hope for a Wulfgar/Sandrah/Cattie-Brie sandwich?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Chapter CXXII - It was this very air I was breathing when I had my first glance of you on that mournful day long ago..

We're about to intercept a caravan carrying Black Lotus.

It's been months since our innocence was lost. Thanks, Roxanne! :mad:

The only noteworthy thing in this area is the guy in charge of the caravan. We kill him and confiscate the Black Lotus. You're supposed to destroy this stuff in the campfire nearby but for some reason I couldn't do it.

His guards' arrows stung a lot but we managed to power through regardless.

Time to visit this former Harper in the west government district.

Sandrah decides to but in on Jaheira's romance path again because why the hell not?

I guess we could just give him the money but let's do this the hard way.

Welp, guess we have to go back to Porthpentyrch. I couldn't talk to Garalial again like she suggested.

Resting outside the village leads to this conversation with Viconia.

When we awaken someone seems to be missing...

You'd think Sandrah would have something to say to 'Terminsel' but no such luck. Looks like it's back to Athkatla.

More fights at the Harper Compound.

I'll assume Sandrah should have initiated this convo on our first visit to the building.

We're reunited with Jaheira! :swoon:

We have to deal with some more 'harpers' while leaving the building, no problem.

Back at Porthpentyrch we can reach a new area in the caves.

Oh God, BG1-style dungeons...

Again Sandrah takes credit for something I decided for myself. :jerkbag:

There's an exit to the east and north of the dungeon, going there teleports us away.

Eventually these death knights appear and we have to deal with them. Compared to similar enemies we had to face back in BG1 they're a piece of cake.

After the fight we can finally move on.

We retrieve the orb and get a 'compliment' from Sandrah for our efforts. Time to head back.

Great, back to Garalial.

The Silverale Hall is in the north of the West Government District.

It has its own area and everything.

Looks like Eildaren's not here.

The infirmary's our next stop.

...That's not good.

I'm getting really sick of these talks.

Back to the infirmary again.

A fetch quest, great.

Back to Garalial.

And just like that we're in the desert.

I've got to say, as far as mod areas go this mod knocks it out of the park. There's a lot of sidequests here but I'm going to skip those for the most part. Some of them are bugged anyway.

A blocked cave, you say?

...drat.

Time to get some answers.

Ugh, MORE fetch quests.

Lots of little moments here but I wanted to include this one. Irenicus' reach is far indeed.

This is so demeaning. I've beaten Errtu three times for crying out loud.

Fatigue is really starting to creep in now, will they ever stop talking?

There, I've fetched the water. Time to head back.

:suicide:

...Oh, okay.

...Really?

Well, okay then.

Enough of this, time to head through the cave.

I'm sick and tired of BG1 dungeons.

The desert trolls are the most unique thing about this area.

The guardian doesn't fight us, we can kill him without him fighting back.

Finally, we manage to get what we came here for.

We use the portal we got to head back.

Time to get some rest.

Thanks, I needed that.

Anyway, time to head back.

Don't mention it.

That's pretty much it for Fishing for Trouble. We can visit the village later on but we'll save that for later.

Viconia leaves us, probably forever.

Next time we'll head to Icewind Dale like I promised chapters ago. This is probably one of the last things we'll do before finishing up Shadows of Amn.

Vichan fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Nov 7, 2021

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I know they're taking portraits from whatever, but the Elder from Fallout 2? Really?

RatchedB52
May 28, 2021
The Journey to the North portion of that mod is a big OP Grind. Lots of nearly invincible golems , if only you had someone who could do massive damage to golems...

Honestly Vichan I hope you're in the mood for a redundant hack n slash.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

RatchedB52 posted:

The Journey to the North portion of that mod is a big OP Grind. Lots of nearly invincible golems , if only you had someone who could do massive damage to golems...

Honestly Vichan I hope you're in the mood for a redundant hack n slash.

It's definitely a slog, I've teased going over there two times though so I suppose I just have to power through. I'm thinking of going back to the main quest after that, there's more mods we could do but I don't think it's worth going through them all.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I wouldn't even have noticed the low-content Sandrah buzz of taking credit for the PC's actions and getting to correct them after they're forced to pick a specific dialogue option if you hadn't pointed it out. It barely even registers at this point.

E: Yeah don't worry about any of the mods that might slog you down.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Chapter CXXIII - Here is a first taste of your reward, great hero.

Back to Icewind Dale once again.

I'll warn you guys up front, this was quite the slog.

I have fond memories of this map from IWD2, mostly because of the great soundtrack that accompanied it. Too bad it's not playing now.

A new addition to our party.

While visiting the houses we can enter we pick up a quest.

The inn is quite cozy.

This sounds interesting.

We check in with the mayor, he gives us a quest but I never got around to completing it.

Time to leave this place.

A lot of enemies in the wilds beyond.

We head back for a bit which leads to this scene.

I guess we can look for them while we're in the ar-

...Oh.

From here we can go west, north and east. Let's try the west area first.

A familiar area, let's check out that house to the north.

Ah, a kooky hermit. Let's see about this temple first.

In the next area we run into these adventurers but they leave before we can talk to them.

These things are called Shadow Samurai, they're quite a pain.

Chilling.

A fight? Sign me up!

Can't go this way, have to go around.

Quite a tough fight.

The spirit opens the door for us.

If only the picture could illustrate how much of a pain it was to go through.

The inside's not much better.

Some of the monks don't attack you, they've gone mad.

After this (sort of) boss fight I decided to head back out to rest.

Jaheira's 'friend' decides to show his face again, his loss.

Now that that's over and done with we can head back in.

I guess I should've known better.

She's still going, this romance really does go on forever.

Sandrah gaining experience in these moments will never cease to amaze me. :doh:

Great, more riddles.

Time to get to work.

You know, for once I'm glad Sandrah decided to take charge. :)

...Except she managed to get it wrong. :negative:

I had to do the entire thing by myself, I eventually had to resort to trial & error. On to the next floor.

A cheap imitation of Kangaxx, he wasn't too hard to deal with.

Eventually I get teleported to this place, I don't know what triggered it.

Screw this, I'm done with this area. Time to head out. Suffice it to say this area was an absolute pain to go through.

We get the hermit his supplies.

Back at the crossroads we decide to head east now, the first time I get teleported back but the second...

We can't go through the portal, guess it's time to hit that frozen dragon.

That's the ticket, next up is some sort of maze.

We have to kill this thing multiple times before it decides to stay dead.

Entering these flames leads to an encounter, avoiding them is very hard. Lots and lots of repetitive combat.

Thank God we got through that, the next area...

...Is another loving maze. :suicide:

More and more combat, I'm getting sick of this.

Finally, we're out.

Will these talks ever end?

Don't mind me, just passing through.

Let's see what this 'Great One' has to say.

Trippy.

A bit of an anti-climax, I've got to say. (The hoard is barely worth mentioning)

Oh boy.

This fight was such a pain that Sandrah actually managed to get herself killed. I thought it was impossible by this point. She's only died about four times so far.

After a couple of tries we manage to beat them. :colbert:

We get these items for our trouble.

There's another dragon hiding around here, might as well kill him as well. :black101:

That's it for this area, time to head back.

That just leaves the north, what do we find there?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Just. More. Combat.

Welp, her brother's dead. What a shame.

What a complete and utter waste of time, I shouldn't have bothered but since I teased this two times I felt I had to include it.

Oh, we can revisit the fishing village. Let's d-

Oh for gently caress's s-

Fine, let's get this over with.

Demonhunting, huh? Good thing we're experienced.

Let's get this party started. :black101:

Area after area of fights, nothing noteworthy.

At the end there's just one more demon to deal with. No big deal.

The monk sacrifices himself to close the portal.

Jaheira's finally calmed down a bit, good.

'Veto Death' sounds like an interesting skill but I couldn't actually find it. I think it's the second time she gained this skill.

And that's that.

Looks like Portpentyrch is back to normal, quite a lovely place. :)

We bump into Garalial at the inn. Now there's just two things left to do.

Anomen's back in.

That takes care of Fishing for Trouble.

Next time we'll *finally* get back to the main quest, there's a few sidequests here and there we've yet to take care of but they shouldn't take up too much time. We're at the final stretch!

Vichan fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Nov 7, 2021

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLjhbtUSRwg

I appreciate that Sandrah gets the puzzle wrong. If there was any chance Roxanne had done it on purpose, it would've been cute.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I've been loving obsessed with that song for ages, it's perfect.

quote:

I appreciate that Sandrah gets the puzzle wrong. If there was any chance Roxanne had done it on purpose, it would've been cute.

I laughed my rear end off when it happened.

I wasn't the only person who ran into that particular situation, Roxanne suggested to just edit some variables to make the quest progress. I had to resort to doing that because the quest wouldn't progress no matter what I did.

Anyway, do you guys have any preferences as to who we should bring to the end of SoA? Imoen, Chloe and Sandrah are definitely coming and I probably should bring Jaheira along as well. That still leaves an open slot though.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Does anyone have any particularly interesting content for the last leg? Otherwise I'd say Minsc, just to bring everyone who had loved ones murdered by Irenicus.

E: Wait, is he still shacked up with the orc queen lady? If he's not available, uh, didn't Irenicus murder Valygar's girlfriend at some point? Maybe Valygar deserves to kill one more evil wizard.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 9, 2021

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Oh god, just power through

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

This was a fantastic update! Sandrah got something wrong, and then loving died!

Vichan posted:

Anyway, do you guys have any preferences as to who we should bring to the end of SoA? Imoen, Chloe and Sandrah are definitely coming and I probably should bring Jaheira along as well. That still leaves an open slot though.

Wilson, obviously.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I never really was a bit console command user, but for some of the mod content that just ended up slogging on with more and more ridiculous enemy mobs, ctrl+y was my friend. I didn't need the XP or gold, and the grind just got too much at points. Never had felt I had to do it in the main games.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Black Robe posted:

This was a fantastic update! Sandrah got something wrong, and then loving died!

:hai:

Bring Valygar, he will be ever so happy to watch what you're about to do to Irenicus.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

i wonder if you can call minsc back in the Throne of Bhaal pocket dimension

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013
Can you still get Tiax or is he gone forever in Spellhold?

Also: have been powering through this thread for the past couple of weeks and finally caught up. You are a man of impressive mental fortitude to make it this far through this absolute dumpster fire of a fan fiction. I've played the other big three of terrible mods (Imoen Romance, Saerilith, and Chloe) and most of the other terrible companion mods over the years and thought there was no way it could get worse than Saerilith; my god how I was wrong. Godspeed Vichan; hope you don't need to be committed when this is done.

Livewire42 fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 10, 2021

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! Valygar it is.

Sadly Tiax and Minsc are unavailable, I couldn't find Wilson either.

Livewire42 posted:

Also: have been powering through this thread for the past couple of weeks and finally caught up. You are a man of impressive mental fortitude to make it this far through this absolute dumpster fire of a fan fiction. I've played the other big three of terrible mods (Imoen Romance, Saerilith, and Chloe) and most of the other terrible companion mods over the years and thought there was no way it could get worse than Saerilith; my god how I was wrong. Godspeed Vichan; hope you don't need to be committed when this is done.

Thanks, as it stands I'm barely hanging on to what remains of my sanity. My decision to wrap things up has done wonders for it. :)

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Chapter CXXIV - Her first attack was to you? She knows my heart's feelings better than anyone.

Time to wrap things up, our first stop is the Graveyard District!

...Why does Bodhi have a new portrait all of a sudden?

Can't show this in screenshots but the screen shook like hell, after a fade to black Sandrah teleports back to the party like nothing ever happened. Looks like Bodhi's kidnapping attempt backfired.

Bodhi still shows up some feet away, with her old portrait. :psyduck:

Jaheira's not so lucky, it seems. :smith:

:suicide:

Christ, even for Sandrah Saga standards this is a bad one. Giving me no choice but to admit that Jaheira plays second fiddle to Sandrah after she's been kidnapped is just awful.

Anyway, before setting off to rescue her we'd best see about getting some help.

The Shadow Thieves have our back.

The temple directs us to the Order of the Radiant Heart.

:allears:

I talked to the wrong guy while I was here, we might as well do this quest while we're running around town.

Paladins and thieves fighting under one banner. :respek:

The empty slot is filled by Keldorn.

:)

Order or no Order, a paladin's still a paladin.

...A cup, really?

I've faced demons and here I am doing yet another fetch quest. :negative:

Needless to say it doesn't end well for Anarg and poor Reynald.

Now there's just one more thing we have to take care of.

We got this quest from the temple ages ago, for reasons I can't get into right now it's important that we get it out of the way.

...Why are these things never easy?

The main quest will take us to the Shadow Temple anyway so let's deal with Bodhi first.

It's been awhile since we've had a Chloe banter.

We get ambushed by some Drow on the way there, the equipment they carry is resistant to sunlight.

I've already covered the vampire compound four times and I don't feel like doing it again. Suffice it to say that the vampires were no match for us. Too bad we couldn't ask Drizzt and his companions to join us.

At the end we face Bodhi as well as Jaheira who seems to be out of sorts.

It doesn't take long for Bodhi to fall to our blades. :black101:

Sadly we also had to deal with Jaheira. :negative:

We stake Bodhi's corpse, take her heart as well as the Lanthorn.

:unsmith:

The books point us to the Shadow Temple, that's where we're headed next. (The Oghma priests at the local temple just point you to the books)

The elves definitely have some explaining to do. I don't appreciate being manipulated at every turn! :argh:

We make our way to the Shadow Temple.

That was easy, now to the important part.

Step aside, Keldorn. We need the party slot.

We put Jaheira's body and Bodhi's heart on the altar.

She's back! For some reason she's wearing ar-

...And just like that Jaheira's gone... :negative: (I tried talking to her before she disappeared and her BG1 dialogue popped up. She might be gone for good. Strangely fitting for the LP.)

With a heavy heart and an empty party slot we make our way back to the Copper Coronet.

Neb is someone we could've run into while we were incarcerated in the Flaming Fist headquarters back in BG1 but we bypassed that because Shar-Teel was in our party. Time to pay the nasty little runt a visit.

There, that takes care of our empty slot.

Now to visit Neb.

What a ghoul.

Using a child-killers head as the place for your dev cameo is a pretty weird flex.

There, almost ready to head to Elhan. Just a few things left to take care of.

:allears:

Haer'Dalis joins us once again.

Time to run into an old friend...

Coran doesn't comment on our short but sweet romance... :negative:

Lanfear was a member of the Bioware boards who was adamant that Coran and Safana return for BG2. Hence this little quest.

What a shame.

You'd think Coran would be used to having affairs with beasts. :rimshot:

It doesn't end well for poor Lanfear. This fight is quite a hassle not so much because the wolfweres are hard to deal with but because Coran tends to die in one hit. I don't even think it's possible to keep him alive if you're playing as a female, Lanfear just kills him in a cutscene instead.

Coran won't be joining us, too bad... :sadwave:

Anyway, it's finally time to report to Elhan.

The way to Suldanessellar is open to us.

By popular demand I'm bringing Valygar for this one. Sorry, Jan.

Next time we'll visit the city of the elves, with any luck we should be able to wrap things up next chapter but we've been sidetracked before...

Vichan fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Nov 7, 2021

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Apparently there's a final part to Darkest Day that might be important to Sandrah's storyline. :cripes:

I'm going to check it out and if it does turn out to be worthwhile I'll include it in the LP.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
Oh, of course Sandrah is so special and awesome she avoids the Bodhi abduction storyline. :rolleyes:

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

So the last part of the Darkest Day isn't noteworthy enough to warrant its own chapter, when this abortion of an LP eventually gets archived I'll probably amend this to the previous chapter but for now here it is:

We journey to a floating castle to face the fisherwoman who we saw get possessed a couple of chapters ago. As it turns out she was possessed by Cyric. This wasn't nearly as interesting as it might sound.

Mystra arrives to heap praise on Sandrah.

Afterwards we have this conversation with Sandrah.

And that was pretty much it, nothing else worth mentioning. I did run into and killed Artemis Entreri and Jarlaxle again but they didn't have anything to say.

I'm pretty sure that's it as far as diversions go, as it's looking now we'll probably finish SoA next chapter. :)

No I'm not completely burnt out, why do you ask?

Vichan fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 10, 2021

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Fighting Trousers posted:

Oh, of course Sandrah is so special and awesome she avoids the Bodhi abduction storyline. :rolleyes:

The Enhanced Edition romances also avoid the abduction, so it's not exclusive to Sandrah. Rasaad makes Bodhi run away with Sun Monk powers, Neera hits the luckiest Wild Surge in the history of DnD and teleports away, Dorn either is inmune to Vampirism or his patron protects him and Hexxat... probably leads to an awkward scene given her situation :v:

Of coruse, all of them tried to explain why they didn't get abducted, instead of Sandrah who is just "so strong guys", has whatever other companions you romance kidnapped instead and apparently bugs them out of existence because only The Beast is allowed to have a polyamory, not anyone in her harem.

Edit: Also Vichan, if you're getting burned out it's ok to take a rest, specially after doing all the endless mod content for BG2. And given Sandrah Saga has even more content after ToB... (which I'm still not sure it's real or just "future epic saga, I'll do it soon guys!")

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 10, 2021

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Edit: Also Vichan, if you're getting burned out it's ok to take a rest, specially after doing all the endless mod content for BG2. And given Sandrah Saga has even more content after ToB... (which I'm still not sure it's real or just "future epic saga, I'll do it soon guys!")

I'm definitely taking a break before starting ToB. I took some breaks from SoA here and there but no matter what I did I just got tired of the endless mod content.

From here on out things should be a bit more manageable, at least the ToB portion. God knows what awaits us after that.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Vichan posted:

Looks like Bodhi's kidnapping attempt backfired.

Of course it did :rolleyes::hf::barf:

Vichan posted:

No I'm not completely burnt out, why do you ask?

No one could possibly blame you, and i'd have given up on the mess long ago.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Man, I knew it was...not a good mod...but you've really gone through the wringer with this. I actually laughed when Bohdi tried to kidnap Sandrah and she just went "...naah"

Do take a break, and I would not blame you if you didn't push on into the extra two all-Sandrah all-the-time chapters (though obviously I would love to see you take them on).

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

docbeard posted:

Do take a break, and I would not blame you if you didn't push on into the extra two all-Sandrah all-the-time chapters (though obviously I would love to see you take them on).

I know this is probably evidence of me losing my marbles but I mostly get burned out on non-Sandrah mod content.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Vichan posted:

I know this is probably evidence of me losing my marbles but I mostly get burned out on non-Sandrah mod content.

I can actually understand that. I just played through a heavily-modded-up BG1 and SoD (would have continued into BG2 but I hit a completely unstoppable crash after leaving Irenicus's dungeon) and there is such a thing as too much endless dungeon crawls.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
That makes perfect sense. Sandrah content is almost artful in just how terrible it is, and the gameplay segment doesn't seem too egregious, where a lot of mods to the opposite and just have minimal or boring writing and way too much slogfest combat. The worst crime any piece of media can commit is to be boring; no one will remember a b-list movie after watching it, but The Room will live on forever.

Sandrah saga has a lot of boring text, but it's not like you'll lose anything by just skimming over it or ignoring it entirely. You can't as easily opt out of trekking across three maps full of liches and end bosses from other infinity engine games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

The Enhanced Edition romances also avoid the abduction, so it's not exclusive to Sandrah. Rasaad makes Bodhi run away with Sun Monk powers, Neera hits the luckiest Wild Surge in the history of DnD and teleports away, Dorn either is inmune to Vampirism or his patron protects him and Hexxat... probably leads to an awkward scene given her situation :v:

Of coruse, all of them tried to explain why they didn't get abducted, instead of Sandrah who is just "so strong guys", has whatever other companions you romance kidnapped instead and apparently bugs them out of existence because only The Beast is allowed to have a polyamory, not anyone in her harem.

She genuinely could have just had Bodhi go after a vanilla follower first and without particular comment, but noooo, had to first try for Sandrah and fail. (I don't much like how the EE companion romances can't be kidnapped either. The only one it makes any sense for is Hexxat. If Anomen the CLERIC WHO CAN TURN UNDEAD can get kidnapped, surely they can. Just copying what happens to the vanilla LIs isn't that hard, I've seen mods do it before!)