Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caros
May 14, 2008

No, no. It is a mistranslation. It is troublea of time revisited, namely Roxanne's troubles with how time works.

This series makes a lot more sense if she is one of those weird aliens that has trouble perceiving the concept of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Wow, "these words are without value" indeed.

Vichan posted:

I'm done with Sandrah Saga, all that's left to do is edit screenshots and decide how many chapters to divide them in. :)

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Vichan posted:

I'm done with Sandrah Saga, all that's left to do is edit screenshots and decide how many chapters to divide them in. :)

...but is Sandrah done with you?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Comrade Koba posted:

That gave me a genuine chill.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
Chapter CLXII - There must be anti-climax before there can be catharsis.

After a time-skip we're right back at it, Midnight sure knows how to pick 'em.

Oh boy, a surprise! Time to head downstairs.

:suicide:

We run into our son on the way. Please keep in mind that Elminster, Vichan and Sarevok are the same age according to Roxanne.

I've run out of things to say. It's just bad.

Gee, I wonder what Roxanne is trying to hint at here.

Surprise!

Looks like we're back at it, there's still a tablet to hunt down.

Midnight's living large.

Pelligram helps Midnight catch on.

Liriel suggests filling our empty party slot with everyone's favorite drow.

He's still hanging out in Mystra's temple.

Not sure if his bio's different from the last time but I thought I'd post it nonetheless.

Don't expect him to talk too much. This is one of the few banters he has.

Anyway, we can go to Tantras by boat in Mornbryn's Shield.

We have to track down the captain first though.

The Troll in Flames seems like a good place to start.

The start of a very complicated and extremely problematic friendship.

We met this guy waaaaay back in BG1 where he claimed to have met Midnight.

:shepicide:

Not only is the captain's son missing but Sandrah's mother is with him. Looks like we have no choice but to track them down.

Nope, this still feels creepy.

On the way to Cerameon's Grave we run into a slime.

It keeps dividing.

I might have to ctrl-y instakill them, this is getting annoying.

Oh God I'm not hitting the buttons fast enough.

...I ended up having to reload, this time the slimes only split once. There's probably a really obvious trick here but I can barely be bothered to play the actual game by this point.

Almost nothing's changed here.

Oh, look. It's another Forgotten Realms celebrity!

Thank God it's just an ordinary slime and easily dispatched.

Finder goes on ahead and we follow.

You can just walk through the door and don't have to open it, an oversight that's been pretty rare so far.

One more god to fight, why not?

One of these enemies is called a slime king and 'spongey' doesn't begin to cover how annoying it is to take down.

We delve deeper and face some shambling mounds.

As well as multiple slime kings... :cripes:

I can excuse wonky pathfinding at times but we actually have to take this path to progress.

We've rescued Khalindra's father but still need to find his daughter. It'd probably be better for the realms if I didn't but oh well...

After backtracking a bit and finding a different route I come face to face with the god of decay.

We'll see about that.

Moander is actually easier than the shambling mounds we've already fought.

That portrait scared me for a bit there.

Khalindra and Finder Wyvernspur leave and our work here is done.

After we loot Moander's corpse that is.

The area we just explored.

Narthil is freed before I even get the chance to open the cage. :cripes:

Finder takes the spark and leaves with Olive.

We also send Khalindra and her father to Elminster. The timeline must be kept intact.

Resach thanks us and sends us to...

Tantras, where a battle is currently taking place.

:ohdear:

The battle starts off easy enough.

It gets progressively harder as we make our way south.

Some Martyrs teleport in to help out.

More martyrs and enemies as we get closer to the southern edge of this map.

When we finally reach the end Bane and Bhaal are waiting for us.

They quickly move to secure the tablet and we follow them to the next area.

The area we just traversed.

No enemies in the next area so we can take a breather.

High praise coming from the god of righteousness.

He storms off to face Bhaal and Bane, we'd better not let him do that alone.

More martyrs teleport in even though this area is free of encounters.

I like this map. :)

In the next area we follow Torm up a mountain.

He bypasses these enemies leaving us to fight them.

Bhaal flees while Torm faces off against Bane. Bane on the other hand is more interested in attacking our party. I played through this part multiple times and the scene didn't want to progress.

Turns out the answer was to lounge offscreen until they both die in a cutscene, because the area was still unexplored I can only show the aftermath.

Cyric is up to his old tricks again.

Nothing to do but head back. We didn't even get the tablet. :negative:

You might want to sit down...

From the mouth of babes...

Oh dear, Bhaal has his sights set on Khalindra. :ohdear:

Let's strike one of his temples, that'll show him!

On our way out of Morbryn's Shield we arrive in Wyvern's Crossing where a familiar face is waiting for us.

No portrait? Disappointing.

I can try but I really don't feel like it.

Elminster seems to have bought his house in Waterdeep already.

The temple in the Forest of Mir has to be dealt with first, though.

Some fire giants guard this place but by this point they're a piece of cake.

I'm actually going to take Midnight's last line to heart and end things as anti-climactically as possible.

Some good news though, the next chapter will be the absolute last. We're almost done! :woop:

Vichan fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Nov 7, 2021

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

vilkacis posted:

Wow, "these words are without value" indeed.

Brilliant.

Comrade Koba posted:

Call me a masochist but I'd absolutely play through this. I'm already chuckling at Sandrah mangling the plot in every way possible.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Hahaha the map where Bane and Torm fought each other is stolen from Pillars of Eternity. Its the Temple of Hylea. Roxanne just grabs whatever strikes her fancy it seems.

Also, isnt Elminster really old, like 1,000 years old or something? I know hes definitely older than Gorion.

Congrats on getting to the end of this. Its been great fun to read.

biscuits and crazy fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Oct 29, 2021

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

biscuits and crazy posted:

Also, isnt Elminster really old, like 1,000 years old or something? I know hes definitely older than Gorion.

Yes, he was born in the 200s. The Time of Troubles canonically happened in 1358, just to compare. I was expecting Khalindra to be Midnight's daughter, not... this! Clearly there's no god of time in Faerun because what Roxanne just wrote would have killed them.

Comrade Koba posted:

Can't wait for the reveal that The Nameless One's ultimate sin was being mean to Sandrah once.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Can't wait for the reveal that The Nameless One's ultimate sin was being mean to Sandrah once.

He turned down her advances.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I think I'm more offended by the stupid handwave asspull of exactly how Elminster is really Kelemvor's son than just about anything else that's happened. 'Oh, great plainscats have a year long gestation period'. Oh, gently caress off. One, I really really doubt it, for big cats generally it's about 100 days. Two, Kelemvor wasn't a cat, he was a cursed human. Three, who the gently caress cares, there was absolutely no reason for this to be some big mystery, Cyric is perfectly capable of not liking his stepson without needing to believe he's his biological son.

I know literally everything about this is a complete mess that shits on canon in every way, but this just got to me.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Elminster, Sarevok, Vichan and Sandrah are all the same age. Sure, why not. Also Sandrah is a werepanther I guess? Weird how that never comes up.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Comrade Koba posted:

how dare you

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Comrade Koba posted:

What can change the nature of a man?

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3

docbeard posted:

What's eatin' you, beast?

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

I'm just imagining Sandrah completely missing the point of Fall-From-Grace and having a deep romance with her, bringing in TNO for a threesome. Of course, she'll be "besta friends" with Annah, Morte would find her smarter and cooler than himself, and Dak'kon would smile and be all happy after Sandrah sorts him out.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

I think we all know Sandrah would be the one to wake you up in the Mortuary and immediately drop twenty pages of lore exposition about Ravel and all the actions of your past incarnations.

The first half of the game would be replaced with a story about how Sandrah outsmarts and defeats the Lady of Pain and ends the faction war forever.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

docbeard posted:

"Me."

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Chapter CLXIII - Your last rape was the one you should better have left undone.

The end is near.

My companions balk at me leaving the Bhaalspawn alive but I manage to convince them otherwise.

You might think there's a choice here but we can't visit Elminster's house in Waterdeep without first going to Bane's Temple.

Back to the Temple of the Black Hand. Hopefully it's not as annoying as the last time we were there.

Our journey to the temple is uneventful, two drow and a priest are waiting for us at the entrance.

Turns out they're some familiar faces! Sendai's mother is also with them.

Her mom's so weak that we manage to kill her in a cutscene.

Sendai and Aschmaan are supposed to teleport away but we manage to kill the latter before he did so. This caused a sequence break and I had to do this encounter again.

Now that that's taken care of we can finally go back to Waterdeep.

Elminster's house was inaccessible until now.

Is it?

Thay again?

Let's go to the gardens so we can talk to Elminster.

:shepicide:

:barf:

Charmed, I'm sure.

It's a good thing we're almost done, I don't know how much more I can take. :cripes:

We're teleported to the Friendly Arm Inn.

We have to go to Thay on foot.

We're ambushed on the way there but we make short work of them.

We've three places to check out.

The library's a dead end. Nothing new here.

What about Sharkey's?

Nothing new except this dialogue.

Everything points to the Temple of Mask.

Shabella was already running the place, it seems.

Shabella's interested in Godsbane for reasons that may or may not become apparent later.

Oddododdo estate, really...?

On our way there we keep getting attacked by slayers...

...As well as Bhaal cultists. The odd Thayan Knight also joins in.

Two wizards and their entourage are holding the gates.

How old is Edwin?

His personality already shines through, at least.

Within the estate walls a single priest tries in vain to stop us.

After taking care of that we can enter the Mausoleum.

The same enemies we fought outside also try to bar our way here.

Sorry to disappoint.

We don't have to go deep to run into the man himself.

This is making me so uncomfortable.

Way to go, Midnight.

Screw the timeline, we're taking him down! :black101:

We catch up to him before he can reach the teleporter.

He's about as tough as BG1 Sarevok, so not tough at all.

This is the canon ending as far as I'm concerned, a world where we never meet Sandrah sounds like paradise. :allears:

...I guess we'd better finish this the way we're supposed to.

It doesn't take long for me to regret my decision. :negative:

We have to make our way back to Waterdeep on foot.

Would you believe it if I told you that we meant to do that? :imunfunny:

We give Elminster some orders and leave him to chase our destiny.

Our next destination is Boareskyr Bridge. :hai:

This is the cultists' final stand and they're giving it everything they've got.

Bhaal charges us as we're crossing the bridge, no dialogue precedes this.

Would. You. Stop. Using. That. Word. :(

Cyric does his thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMdvpnoNxc4

The cinematic plays and Cyric picks up the tablet of fate.

Melissan's also here because why not?

We let her go and head for the Celestial Stairs.

Past the road into Waterdeep..

...The city itself...

...The Temple of Sune...

...The gate which leads to...

...The Celestial Stairs.

Ao is waiting for us at the end.

Midnight takes her role as the temporary Mystra until the REAL goddess comes into her own. Pelligram will assist her in panther form so she can't influence her. (...Why is that not allowed?)

Adon gets converted to Mystra.

Pelligram drops a bombshell that surprises even Ao.

In a twist that surprises everyone Cyric is revealed as Kelemvor's murderer.

Kelemvor and Mystra swear vengeance while Pelligram delivers the last lines of dialogue.

And just like that it's over. For real this time.

It took the better part of 2021, hundreds of hours of playtime and thousands upon thousands of screenshots but we've finally reached the end of Sandrah Saga. I might very well be the only person besides Roxanne to have accomplished this, I can't imagine anyone playing through this thing for fun. I hope you'll permit me to ramble for a minute here.

All in all I'm pretty pleased with how this entire thing turned out. I was extremely paranoid about missing content to the point that I almost considered stopping this thing early on in BG2 when I realized that Sandrah had a lot of cross-content with mods that I forgot to install. Iylos bugging out on us in ToB also caused me lots of anxiety because I was very worried that other mods would be affected as well, thankfully this was not the case. I'm pretty sure Return to Faerun and Time of Troubles Revisited have been showcased to their full extent.

I originally planned to do a second, quick 'things-we-missed' playthrough so I could show Sandrah's content with mods like Valerie, Kivan and Saerileth but I doubt it'd be worth the effort and I'm pretty burnt out on the Baldur's Gate Trilogy for the time being. For all intents and purposes the LP ends here.

I want to thank each and every one of you once again for managing to stick around through this entire thing, both here and on the Beamdog forums. :) Sandrah Saga hasn't made this easy because things got pretty boring at times once we became accustomed to the awfulness. Your comments were always a blast to read and I laughed my rear end off at the works of art you guys created.

I might give this LP thing another shot in the future, but for now I'll take some much-needed rest. :comfyzelda:

Vichan fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Nov 7, 2021

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

it's... over?

we're free?

Vichan, you did it. You absolute madman, you did it. I salute you. It's been one hell of a ride.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I'm so glad it's over, for your sake as much as my own.

But at least, now there exists a document we can point to to show anyone who considers playing this horseshit just what it is they're getting into.

Rest long and well :patriot:

And Roxanne, if you ever read this: :itwaspoo:

:atlus:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Vichan, your patience is a thing of legend.

My vitriol for Sandrah and Roxanne is spent, there's only so long you can stare into the abyss before you accept that you and the abyss are neighbors and wave to each other on the way to work in the morning.

This has been a remarkable feat of endurance.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Thank you for your sacrifice, so people in the future will know to disable this poo poo ASAP in case EET tries to. No more comments on how broken the timeline is or how poor Mask was shafted because we're done, it's over and the ending where Vichan sacrifices his existance breaking the timeline so Sandrah is never born is the canon ending.

The end, no more Sandrah.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I can only applaud your persistence when chronicling this atrocity.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Aww, the devouring of minsc made it into the finale. That made my day.

Seriously, I do not understand how you managed this. I am glad that you did, but I can't even imagine the fortitude. On the rare occasions I stopped to read a full post worth of dialog I came away either exhausted or angry, depending on the content. I would have quit in BG. I would not have started.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Amazing work, Vichan. :iia:

Now, to quote Amaunator...

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Thank you for your sacrifice

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

I don't know how you managed this; it was honestly a struggle even reading the updates at times, so I can only imagine how insufferable it must have been to actually play and write up. Congratulations, you have slain The Beast. Let's hope for good.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

I can't believe you stuck through the entire thing. This was so bad. I would have quit somewhere in early BG1. I imagine most people do. Well done, and sorry about all your suffering. But hey, at least it's over now.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Nicely done, Vichan, that sure was an LP of something horrible. I'm not sure who this modcalypse was meant for, but this LP sure encapsulates one of the old LP slogans, "we play games mods so you don't have to!" :ohno:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

You did good Vichan.

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

The end of a long road. A long, terrible road.

Also it's funny that the final chapter in this saga was bascially just a banal retelling of everything we already knew about Sandrah and such, replete with a dreadful explanation of how everything was fated to happen so they had to let that unfortunate incident occur.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
There has been a lot of awful poo poo in this mod, but somehow the last update managed to be the worst. I don't think I could keep following the LP after this if it were to go on for much longer.

gently caress this mod

don't do any more updates, let this be the thing people point to if anyone needs to be convinced to never install any of this

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

There has been a lot of awful poo poo in this mod, but somehow the last update managed to be the worst. I don't think I could keep following the LP after this if it were to go on for much longer.

gently caress this mod

don't do any more updates, let this be the thing people point to if anyone needs to be convinced to never install any of this

It really got to me as well. Rape as a plot point is a bad idea in most situations but the way Time of Troubles Revisited goes about it is especially horrible.

I'm definitely not doing any more updates, as soon as this thing gets archived I'm deleting the game and putting it out of my mind. (I still have backups of the game + mods as well as screenshots and stuff, you never know when that might come in handy)

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Vichan, there aren't words.

You've done a remarkable job presenting this absolute pile of poo poo to us, thank you for your service, and now for the love of god play something good for a while!

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
An amazing lp of an amazingly terrible, albeit technically brilliant, mod. As reluctant as I am to praise Roxanne, there aren't many people who could produce something of this scale with the IE, and to have it mostly work as well as it does really is an impressive achievement. The story is truly awful though, just incredibly bad at every turn.

Congratulations on finishing such a marathon LP, Vichan.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
God drat, what a nightmare from beginning to end.

You did, good, Vichan. Congrats on finally being free.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

you absolute madman

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
I'm incredibly glad this is over, both so no one else has to endure it and so you're finally free from Sandrah. It eased up through ToB but did it ever lay on the gas at the end!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

biscuits and crazy posted:

An amazing lp of an amazingly terrible, albeit technically brilliant, mod. As reluctant as I am to praise Roxanne, there aren't many people who could produce something of this scale with the IE, and to have it mostly work as well as it does really is an impressive achievement. The story is truly awful though, just incredibly bad at every turn.

Congratulations on finishing such a marathon LP, Vichan.

All the brilliant technical work with absolutely abysmal writing chops. Truly, a mod of contrasts

congrats Vichan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Well done for persevering.